PDA

View Full Version : Saturn= Gravity

YURAKAPTIV
11-24-2002, 09:34 AM
The song The Grudge is about exactly that,a grudge.In a broad since a grudge is an ideology that a person has about something or someone.For example racism,religions other than their own,or any negative thought about anythone.These grudges are most of the time implanted in our head by someone else,hence your scarlet letterman.In olden times a scarlet letter represented death.A person who marks you with the scarlet letter is a scarlet letterman.This could be your parents who raised you and told you all the time that other races are secondary citizens or a preist who drills you with the idea that other religions are wrong or evil.When it comes to the term Saturn ascends it is in reference to how Saturn represents gravity in certain ideologies.This comes from Saturn being the planet that spins the fastest,causing there to be more gravity than any other planet,this caused the formation of its rings.So in order to ascend up the ladder you must break free from what is pulling us apart,our grudges against each other.

sundryan
11-24-2002, 11:00 AM
Jupiter is the planet with the most gravity. If you weighed 100 lbs on Earth, you would weigh roughly 250 lbs on Jupiter, while only weighing roughly 110 lbs on Saturn. In fact, being composed of hydrogen and helium makes Saturn the least dense planet in the entire solar system. If you had an ocean of water big enough to fit Saturn in, it would float.

Thus ends the Astronomy lesson for today.

CrazyJoeDevola
11-26-2002, 10:10 AM
Saturn takes approximately 29 years to make one full orbit around the sun. So when a person is 29, Saturn is located in approximately the same position as it was when said person was born. This point in a person's life is said to be filled with extreme "tedium." This is the astrological school of thought. Saturn's energy is Paternal and strict. It sends you through tumultuos journeys to try and teach you how to deal with life in tough situations. Its said to be an outstanding learning experience through compelling you to delve in to introspection and retrospection. Apparently Maynard means to disseminate the theory that holding on to unnecessary resentment only exasperates the situation when going through this period of your life.

"Saturn ascends, choose one or ten
Hang on or be humbled again

Saturn ascends, comes round again
Saturn ascends, the one, the ten

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will/will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent

Saturn comes back around, lifts you up like a child or
Drags you down like a stone
To consume you till you choose to let this go
Choose to let this go"

If you think about how well Maynard has characterized this phenomenon and perfectly phrased it is while still retaining that musical aspect of rythm, you begin to see how truly gifted he is. I love this song.

MushroomStamp
11-26-2002, 12:33 PM
I thought he was referring to the God named Saturn. Or do you imply there is a dual meaning?

Metatron's Cube
11-27-2002, 01:02 AM
Yea sorry Yurak, the speed of the spin of a planet has nothing to do with its gravity. The force of gravity is due to the mass of the two objects, and their separation, given by the equation G*(M*M2)/r^2, where G is a constant, m and m2 are masses (mass of you and saturn), and r = radius or distance between the objects. While saturn is more much massive that earth, it is also much bigger. Since the mass center is taken to act at the center of a sphere, you must use the radius of Saturn for the r term, giving it a gravitational force only slightly higher than the earth. I agree with what you said about grudges though, I never got the looked at the scarlet letterman in that way, but i think you nailed it.

I agree with Crazy Joe 100%. Saturn ascending is an astrology reference, well put too.

YURAKAPTIV
11-28-2002, 08:30 AM
Musta been a mind glitch or something,I guess I shouldn't have assumed the speed influences the gravitational pull.When I was writing it I told myself to look it up but my stupidity kept me from doing so.Everything else is correct though.

CrazyJoeDevola
12-02-2002, 07:19 PM
Thanks Metatron. Some people tell me I have a way with words.

Mark D
12-05-2002, 07:22 PM
crazy joe did really good on that interpretation. Seriously look at how he explained it and it all seems to fit.