PDA

View Full Version : Yin-Yang

shade13
11-24-2002, 08:46 AM
Did anyone else notice, that before the fire at the end starts spiralling, its actually a rather small Yin-Yang. It starts off white, and then as the song climaxes, and so do the people, it changes/mutates/evolves into a flaming yin-yang pulsing outward.

As for the rest of the video as a whole. It's definitely about seperation (the definition of schism) but moreso how to rectify that. I see it as a road map for two soulmates to rejoin, to become as one in this plane. THe struggles they may face, emotionally, etc.

TheHollow
11-25-2002, 06:42 AM
Well....

"I know the pieces fit, cause I've watched them fall away", I think could be totally taken out of the Tao Te Ching. I specifically remember one stanza which went something like this:

"In order to put the pieces together, you have to scatter them first"

Maybe the whole idea of the Schism is the notion of union and seperation, and how many times one leads to another. After all the universe was born because of the ongoing battle between yin and yang ch'i! Take that and apply it to lovers... to brothers... to the universe!

volcano lance
12-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Holl, you hit the nail pretty much on the head, in my book. In my eyes, the basis of the whole album is reconsiliation, and schism is a pure example of that. "I Know the pieces fit, but i watched them fall away...I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing."
Maybe trying to make the pieces fit, like something happend. But you cant, cuz you fucked the situation up to much.

shade13
12-03-2002, 04:51 PM
A friend of mine and her boyfriend recently broke up. I told her that to me, it seems like they just need this time to figure out exactly whats wrong. Just set everything apart for a while, and when they come back together, rebuild the relationship stronger than it was before.

"watch the temple topple over, bring the peices back together, rediscover communication"

This also could be deeply connected to the Pheonix. I know that Tool has a short film of it during their show, I just can't remember which song it played during.