PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the gates of the sacred land

futant55
06-10-2006, 07:29 AM
This is a post I posted in another forum back in early april.

I was reading a friends blog this morning and may have found a connection to the new song Lost Keys. It's a long shot based off just the name, but I"ve learned to look past coincidences. This is what I read.

"As one who attained immortality, the secret of how we "might become as gods", Thoth/Enoch promises to return at the end of time "with the keys to the gates of the sacred land." In the controversial Dead Sea Scrolls, revealing the lost Books Of Enoch removed from the Bible by early religious leaders, Enoch describes a wondrous civilisation in the past, who misused the keys of higher knowledge and were unable to save themselves from the last cataclysm. Both literally and figuratively they lost the "keys", they lost all higher knowledge.

Yet, Enoch, along with many traditions, even the Mayan legend of Quetzacoatal, promises a return of this knowledge at "The end of time", the end of the present time cycle. Biblical Revelations promise "all will be revealed" at the end of the present world. The extraordinary discoveries in Egypt and other parts of the world, describe not just an advanced technology but, evolutionary path beyond our present state. "

MypugsAreSmarterThanYou
06-10-2006, 08:10 AM

I was reading a friends blog this morning and may have found a connection to the new song Lost Keys. It's a long shot based off just the name, but I"ve learned to look past coincidences. This is what I read.

"As one who attained immortality, the secret of how we "might become as gods", Thoth/Enoch promises to return at the end of time "with the keys to the gates of the sacred land." In the controversial Dead Sea Scrolls, revealing the lost Books Of Enoch removed from the Bible by early religious leaders, Enoch describes a wondrous civilisation in the past, who misused the keys of higher knowledge and were unable to save themselves from the last cataclysm. Both literally and figuratively they lost the "keys", they lost all higher knowledge.

Yet, Enoch, along with many traditions, even the Mayan legend of Quetzacoatal, promises a return of this knowledge at "The end of time", the end of the present time cycle. Biblical Revelations promise "all will be revealed" at the end of the present world. The extraordinary discoveries in Egypt and other parts of the world, describe not just an advanced technology but, evolutionary path beyond our present state. "

That's fuckin rad.
thanx for posting that.
I'm assuming the character in rosetta stoned also lost the key.

futant55
01-02-2007, 01:54 PM
*bump* for fortune telling because I wrote this before the album came out.

Inner_Eulogy
01-03-2007, 06:51 PM

Quite an intriguing find...kudos

nocatharsis
07-19-2007, 05:38 PM
wow, that just put everything into perspective! he was tripping on "x, yogi dmt... and dead-head chemistry" when the "x file being revealed he is the chosen one, born to bear and read to all the details of our ending, to write it down for all the world to see" but he "forgot his pen, shit the bed again, typical," thus losing the symbolic or literal aforementioned key, blame hofman!

Apachana
07-21-2007, 07:40 PM
DMT :)