PDA

View Full Version : J-A-M-BI

lizbiz
06-09-2006, 11:41 AM
J (James or Jimmy) A (and) M (Marie) BI (as one, together, become one)

'Shine on until two become one'

It seems a major theme of the album is unity and division.

Just a thought.

jv

rogerdoger
06-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Nice idea! don't know if that's right, but that's a really good observation, nice work.

RedMetalSox
06-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Jambi is a province of Indonesia located on the east coast of central Sumatra, which contains a city also named Jambi, Jambi was the site of a well-established, powerful Srivijayan kingdom..."In from the kings mountian view"

In 1833, minor conflicts with the Dutch, who were well established in Palembang, meant the Dutch increasingly felt the need to control the actions of Jambi..."Id wish it all away if I thought I'd loose you just one day"

Just a thought...at the same time the lyrics could reflect MJK's relationship with his mother.

AND

Jambi was pee-wee's genie...Genie's grant wishes, Jambi granted pee-wee's wishes. Maybe Jambi wants to "wish it all away" because pee-wee was wacking it in front of him, who knows.

lizbiz
06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Maybe Jambi wants to "wish it all away" because pee-wee was wacking it in front of him, who knows.

haha rofl

Jon08
06-09-2006, 02:42 PM
as we all know, tool's music is almost always multi-layered, ie they have more than one meaning. i definately believe maynard is thoughtful enough to make the song about 3 things in one.

Freezen
06-09-2006, 04:29 PM
I think its really cool how the song is linked to a civilization, something that most people haven't heard about. Bringing it into the spotlight. Plus it has amazing riffs like most tool songs do, i love when you dont know what to expect next from the drum beat or guitars...