PDA

View Full Version : Jambi: Similarity of riff to Hot for Teacher

Choice Breath
06-08-2006, 05:12 AM
I'm not saying it's a rip-off or anything, but the thought crossed my mind and I wondered if anyone else thought the same thing. Just the riff that starts the song. Both kind of sound like a Harley. And just let me say that both songs kick ass.

rembrandt_q_einstein
06-08-2006, 05:14 AM
wow... no i never thought that and jambi should never be mentioned with hot for teacher

Choice Breath
06-08-2006, 05:20 AM
You're probably right. It was just one of those moments where I thought "that kind of reminds me of the Hot for Teacher intro." The songs definitely are not similar otherwise.

troublefunk
06-08-2006, 06:16 AM
hot for teacher is more dark, ponderous, and cerebral

Choice Breath
06-08-2006, 08:28 AM
hot for teacher is more dark, ponderous, and cerebral

Lol. Yeah, Maynard wouldn't want to get into a battle of wits with David Lee Roth.
But, Adam v. Eddie? Eddie wins on leads, Adam wins on jamming and heaviness.

champion
06-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Hahaha, no, I never noticed that. But it's clear Tool tried to rip off Van Halen with this track.

Absolute_Zero
06-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Hahaha, no, I never noticed that. But it's clear Tool tried to rip off Van Halen with this track.

Agreed. And the rest of the CD is clearly influenced by System of a Down (Except for Wings pt. 2, which is obviously just a total Kid Rock rip-off).

On a serious note, I don't really hear it. Then again, I haven't listened to 'Hot for Teacher' in the past 10 years.

mike09
06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
i always considered jambi more of a "jump" ripoff

#Notion
06-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Lol. Yeah, Maynard wouldn't want to get into a battle of wits with David Lee Roth.
But, Adam v. Eddie? Eddie wins on leads, Adam wins on jamming and heaviness.

LAWL

Artistic Sickness
06-08-2006, 12:21 PM
it actually reminds me of Slipknot... and now i cant get it out of my head, and it ruins the song for me....

davelisowski
06-09-2006, 08:24 AM
it actually reminds me of Slipknot... and now i cant get it out of my head, and it ruins the song for me....

Your problem was listening to Slipknot in the first place...

kidding

After reading this post, I can hear what you mean, but only after reading this. I never thought about it before.