View Full Version : my art

IC
04-15-2003, 05:51 PM
hi
this is my first thing please tell me any little tricks or hints or coments

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/myart

GregoryWohlwend
04-15-2003, 07:24 PM
thanks for your comments over in my neck of the woods, i'm almost done with the redesigning of my website, so stop by in a couple of days or so...

with your art...

definately some color would be nice, i see you like repetition of objects. i have found that it really works well in creating sense of perspective, infinity or general chakra type imagery. whatever you are after i find that those lines which cross over each other are sort of unsightly. at least in my opinion... a way to aid that is use blending options, these can be found in the layer window, just play around with it long enough and you will understand them all in no time. i am assuming you are using photoshop.

anyways... this is just my opinion, and if you like the lines, like the monotone, then go ahead, i'm just one person with one opinion. sometimes simple is better, rough is better, it all depends on the viewer and that is why art is subjective... hope this helps, any other questions feel free to shoot.

IC
04-16-2003, 05:52 AM
yeah thanks. Actually the image has some colour in it, yet when I uploaded it the image got trashed. Oh well. But Im using Gimp and I can basicly do the photoshop stuff. The reason I have it moslty grays and darks fading outward is to give a dream like affect. Thanks again for your comments.

IC
04-16-2003, 06:08 AM
um this has nothing to do with anything here, but how do you guys get those spiffy icons?

IC
04-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Here is my newest:

www.angelfire.com/nj4/myart

Choke
04-21-2003, 06:53 AM
i like the bottom picture, the black one. reminds me of the moon nearly wanned.

empty_blanket
04-27-2003, 01:55 PM
I like the part about adopting the polar bear.
Kidding, I like the other's too. The one on top kind of look's like you're going through a desert of some sort, and almost like fog up ahead, so you can't tell how much desert there is. It's kind of like, you don't know how much is left, but you'll keep going. Or something, I don't know.