PDA

View Full Version : Pilar of Faith

smwtcool
06-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Not sure if you have seen this, it fits in with these lyrics.
http://www.toolband.com/images/judith.jpg

CaseLogic
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Yes? I think I might be a bit confused here.

toocooltool
06-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Thank god that will be your only first post.

QuantumMind
06-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I think this was posted on tools website sometime right after judith died.

savelints8
06-06-2006, 11:07 AM
You're right.

smwtcool
06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
I know its been covered a bunch but MJK is speaking to his mother when he says, "Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended." I remember seeing this after her death and it refered to her in the same way, so I dug it up for anyone who hadn't seen the correlation.

CaseLogic
06-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I know its been covered a bunch but MJK is speaking to his mother when he says, "Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended." I remember seeing this after her death and it refered to her in the same way, so I dug it up for anyone who hadn't seen the correlation.

Oh. My. God.

smwtcool
06-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Thank god that will be your only first post.

Forgive my ignorance but aren't these forums supposed to be a place where members are encouraged to think freely FOR THEMSELVES?! I believe the idea is to create an environment where an open discussion of artistic expression, particularly that produced by TOOL, can take place in a form of creative analysis. And any addition of information or opinion to the community should be understood as a contribution for those who are interested, to be mentally digested by those who are willing to get something from it. But posts like yours, toocooltool, destroy the open environment so that new ideas are not shared and you effectively tear down any chance of open-minded vulnerability. You contribute worthless comments that intimidate people and keep them from sharing just to boost your own post ranking. I may only have one post, but you, sir, are the one with much to learn.

Forgive me, everyone else, contrary to what it now is, I did not want this to become yet another post of mindless insults. I just thought that someone might be interested in relating the picture to the song lyrics so that they could gain from it whatever their own free mind is willing to gain, without my bias.

CaseLogic
06-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Forgive my ignorance but aren't these forums supposed to be a place where members are encouraged to think freely FOR THEMSELVES?! I believe the idea is to create an environment where an open discussion of artistic expression, particularly that produced by TOOL, can take place in a form of creative analysis. And any addition of information or opinion to the community should be understood as a contribution for those who are interested, to be mentally digested by those who are willing to get something from it. But posts like yours, toocooltool, destroy the open environment so that new ideas are not shared and you effectively tear down any chance of open-minded vulnerability. You contribute worthless comments that intimidate people and keep them from sharing just to boost your own post ranking. I may only have one post, but you, sir, are the one with much to learn.

Forgive me, everyone else, contrary to what it now is, I did not want this to become yet another post of mindless insults. I just thought that someone might be interested in relating the picture to the song lyrics so that they could gain from it whatever their own free mind is willing to gain, without my bias.

Okay, I forgive you

win
06-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Not sure if you have seen this, it fits in with these lyrics.
http://www.toolband.com/images/judith.jpg

good find

evilprimeval
06-06-2006, 01:36 PM

You tell 'em.

TheVoid
06-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah, thats interesting. I just realized that she died on my 18th birthday