PDA

View Full Version : The whispers

Janos
06-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Are there any beliefs or we'll just never know?

Lysander
06-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I can barely, barely, barely make out in a few places what I THINK might be a frightened voice saying "Hello? Ye...yy...yeaah?". Adding that to the baby crying at the beginning, the hissing, and the tinny quality of the voice, I like to think that the person whispering somehow fucked up the baby, and then called 911 or some similar emergency telephone line. I could be totally wrong, though.

xyu
06-12-2006, 08:23 AM
You could be totally wrong

Lysander
06-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, that was a worthwhile post.

Janos
06-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Could it be a sample from a movie or sth?

C'mon sound-engineering geeks, help this out...

Lysander
06-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Sure it could be, and I could wake up tomorrow with psychic powers. Possibility covers a lot of ground.

TEST
10-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Thats one psycho theory...i like it!

mjkajdcjc
10-23-2006, 04:16 PM
You're probably just making yourself hear this by thinking that it's there. Just because there's a hissing sound doesn't mean that you can assume it's something spoken. Maynard and the gang love to fuck with you guys and get inside your heads.

mr. nikki jensen
11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Maynard and the gang love to fuck with you guys and get inside your heads.

yea he sure enjoys it alot

Travis
11-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Sounds french to me.

Lysander
11-19-2006, 02:01 PM
No, I deffinetly hear a voice (it's on the right, and it starts soon after the baby stops crying) and it deffinetly sounds like maynard. It's separate from the hissing because the voice is talking, not whispering, so tt dones't sound anything like the hissing.

pppZero
11-19-2006, 02:03 PM
You're probably just making yourself hear this by thinking that it's there. Just because there's a hissing sound doesn't mean that you can assume it's something spoken. Maynard and the gang love to fuck with you guys and get inside your heads.

And they've done a stellar job here. This is the one tool song i cannot listen to. The baby is just too freaky.

Faap De Oiad has a similar effect, only I've learnt to deal with the freaky nature in order to get to the great story within.

amenorakumo
11-19-2006, 03:48 PM
I always think they're something like "hello, can you hear me? can you hear this?" but it's really eerie; It's almost as if the voice is speaking directly to you, or thats how i felt atleast whenever i first heard it. I always think of the babies voice as like symbolizing a new beginning, rebirth, after pushit. And after the scream, the sounds are like a representation of the baby going through the changes of the universe; progressing, growing.

Lysander
11-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Okay, so I"ve been listening ot this obsessively over nad over because it pisses me off that i have no fucking idea what this song is about. ANyway, so the first thing i noticed as that at hte beginning of hte song, before hte baby cries, oyu can actually hear two people breathing--the babgy, and I assume an older person because the breaths are slower and deeper. There's also this really quite disgusting sort of clickie squish sound that, given the context of hte song, kind of freaks me out. ANyway, so after hte baby cries I *think* I hear "Hello... yeah? ...Oh thank God you found me... stay on this phone?" I mean, I'm probably not hearing that right at all because of, as previously stated, my theory that this is a 911 call and so I'm probably just moulding the words into what i Think they should say. After that, though, before the weird laser-type noise starts you can hear a distinctly different voice talking, possibly female, probably distorted in some way to sound more masculine. I have no idea what s/he is saying. I have no idea if what we're hearing is even freaking ENglish, because I woudl agree that there does seem to be an accent in the voice.

Yoxodo
11-30-2006, 08:05 AM
let's face it: this song is a freak fest...everything about it just scares the shit out of me...to me it sounds like some "people" conducting experiments on this baby.

TEST
12-03-2006, 11:42 AM
it sounds like the inside of a rally car :)

thezeusanator
04-15-2007, 12:18 PM

NO, there is something being said just listen to it on higher quality speakers. I didn't even notice it until I put it through better speakers, it jumped out at me I wasn't even listening close

the_milkman
04-16-2007, 10:22 AM
sounds to me like someone talking in a foreign language. every once in a while an english word seems to jump out though so i dunno...

*~*»€«(Đispositioń)»€«*~*
04-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Alright i've been wanting to see a thread like this because I have ALWAYS heard, or what sounds relatively like "Hello? Are you here? You're still istening... It has evolved... man has evolved..." that is what i have always heard but idk

TJP
04-26-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.unspeakable.net/tool/aeob.html

click on Cesaro [just under pushit]

imaduh
05-02-2007, 11:05 AM
That sucks.

I always thought this was about someone from the road calling their mate at home, checking in on the kid amidst the unending bullshit of rock music touring.

Resolution
05-30-2007, 11:27 AM
hopefully my kid is as entertaining as the one depicted when their making noise.