PDA

View Full Version : DXM

Carny_Handles
06-05-2006, 01:19 PM
"When you live life through me, with somniferous almond eyes. "

this song is about the people who have discovered the truth. One day we will be smiling upon those people who have doubted us for years. Some have discovered the truth through different means, (meditation, lsd, weed, DXM, yoga, most other psychedelics)

With that said i've never done DXM, i was listening to this song while in a fairly deep state of meditation with the help of marijuana.

Here's what i've picked up the song starts out with a patient running into the hospital, from some sort of panic attack. At this heightened state of anxiety he swears he has super-human hearing, but in all reality the doctor and nurse are just outside of the door. The patient in the bed hears the elevator door and instantly connects with that confirmation that he has superhuman hearing but it was just a random synchronicity.

Thats my interpretation of how the song starts out. Then if you understand everything I said above Rosetta Stoned makes a lot more sense.

Now some highlights of the song Rosetta stoned…

Dead head chemistry: in reference to the grateful dead, most of the 'dead heads' grew up in the 60's (many of them took LSD, ...blame Hoffman)

"you'd better listen" the patient talking to the doctor again..

Then the following tool songs are heard in some way:

3'rd eye

"finally its my lucky day, cuz this shit never happens to me" were finally not seen as crazy.

"see there telling children (http://www.innerself.com/Parenting/indigo_children.htm) ."

Just a dxm trip.

H. with strong tones of lateralus with the whole spiraling effect of different instruments and Maynards voice. After that it rips into a reflection style lead.

then back to H. with the third eye vocal/digital scream thing. which brings your attention back to the new song.. rosetta stoned.

"strapped down in my bed
feet cold and eyes red
im out of my head
am I alive or am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed"

Once again brings us back to the Psychedelic thinker theory, if anyone has though about or done DXM they know that Sudafed is not the thing to take and they also might know that orange juice intensifies the high of some drugs like mushrooms.

I hope you've enjoyed my interpretation of Rosetta Stoned.

xPOGOx
06-05-2006, 10:10 PM
1. If there was an intense, panicked, running scene to start the whole hospital scene, why is the beginning of LK so calm and slow?

2. While the elevator door sound you're talking about sounds a little bit like an elevator door, I've got to think that it's probably the door to the patient's room...probably...

3. Where did you pull in the superhuman bullshit?

4. I've got to think that LK is 3rd-person omniscient POV while RS is 1st-person limited, through the view of the "gentleman in exam 3," hence 2 different tracks.

5. I don't know why you quoted the line that started your post.

6. Sunkist and Orange Juice are EXTREMELY different..., and I don't think that MJK would sacrifice meaning just to pick up a cool alliteration, but I've been wrong before...

#Notion
06-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I've done DXM 4 times exceeding the reccomended "heavy dose" described on a website, and let me tell you, you're not going to figure out the meaning of anything while on this monster they call a drug. I honestly don't think it has much to do with the song, other than the correllation of being seriously fucked up beyond any control or understanding.

EmbraceTdOxOmL
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I was into dxm hardcore for several years... plus did everything else under the sun (a lot). dxm as well as other psychoactives are gateways to a very real asteral projection dream world. i believe that Maynard is into AP and i believe this song is a message for all of us drug users who are waisting our time reaching these places because we have been so clouded up by the chemicals that we dont take much home wth us, and there are much cleaner ways to get there.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
06-08-2006, 06:21 PM
DXM = GOD

Culb
06-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Rosetta Stoned = DMT

JE Mack
06-09-2006, 04:12 PM
6. Sunkist and Orange Juice are EXTREMELY different..., and I don't think that MJK would sacrifice meaning just to pick up a cool alliteration, but I've been wrong before...

sunkist is just a type of orange, right? not juice, right? i'm not sure but i think maybe you mean sunny delight. that stuff's not like orange juice

wearethestories
06-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I was into dxm hardcore for several years... plus did everything else under the sun (a lot). dxm as well as other psychoactives are gateways to a very real asteral projection dream world. i believe that Maynard is into AP and i believe this song is a message for all of us drug users who are waisting our time reaching these places because we have been so clouded up by the chemicals that we dont take much home wth us, and there are much cleaner ways to get there.
wow... nice summary... I think it's probably the closest to the "one true meaning" (to quote a ridiculously self-inflated ThreeDeviations) as anything I've heard thus far.

EmbraceTdOxOmL
06-11-2006, 11:32 AM
wow... nice summary... I think it's probably the closest to the "one true meaning" (to quote a ridiculously self-inflated ThreeDeviations) as anything I've heard thus far.

why thank you kind sir.

xPOGOx
06-12-2006, 01:02 AM
sunkist is just a type of orange, right? not juice, right? i'm not sure but i think maybe you mean sunny delight. that stuff's not like orange juice
An aluminum orange (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunkist_%28soft_drink%29)?

There's no such thing as a "sunkist orange." In 1952, the California Fruit Growers Exchange changed its name to Sunkist Growers, Inc...that's the only other moderately close use of the word Sunkist.

And Sunny Delight is a lot closer to real oranges or orange juice than a carbonated orange-flavored drink called "Sunkist" is...

Not to mention, just the placement of the word, in the same line with "Sudafed," another name brand product, makes me think that "Sunkist" in this same line is a reference to the soft drink.

theDEXorphan
07-23-2006, 07:41 AM
DXM = GOD

no

theDEXorphan = GOD

Aunt Acid
07-23-2006, 10:38 AM
This song is NOT a DXM trip. The only time I've made contact with aliens on DXM was on a swing set and it was closed-eye. Funny thing is, they told me secrets of the universe and I forgot them when I was sober. Goddamn, shit the bed. This song is 100% percent about an acid trip. Evidence:

Blame Hofmann. Albert Hofmann created LSD.
"The blotter got on top of me" LSD comes on teeny tiny peices of perferated paper called blotter.
"After calming me down with orange slices..." Many trippers (myself included) beleive oranges somehow kick the trip into full gear, probably the vitamin C.
On top of this, alien contact and abduction is a VERY VERY common thing to see.

There is absolutley no reason to suspect this is a song about Dextromethorphan... and by the way, Sudafed DOESN'T have DXM in it. You said earlier something like "People who do DXM know not to take Sudafed. Sudafed is used to make Crystal Meth, there's no Dex in it.

Sklander
07-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Rosetta Stoned = DMT
+1

This song seems to be a DMT trip. A DMT trip, when smoked, lasts about ten minutes which is also about the length of this song. It is also common to encounter entities while intoxicated on DMT. Check out DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman... Great book.

Anyone who has smoked DMT will know that this is feasible.

I know I thought of DMT when I first heard this song.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
07-25-2006, 12:46 PM
When I used to dabble with the DXM, EVERYTHING made sense. I had the answer to everything. I have had out-of-body experiences, an experience where my cousin and both thought that we were one person (makes me think of "we are all one mind"), and the list goes on. Its been about 5 years, and Ive been tempted, but have not indulged.

Regarding LSD, I have taken doses of it up to 12 drops of liquid, and never even came close to the trips I had on DXM. So, if you are seeing aliens on acid, share.

somniferous
07-25-2006, 12:56 PM
im going to have to agree with aunt acid on this one.....but the acid trip is one aspect of possibly a bigger picture....that i havent figured out yet in my head totally, but the substance being used i believe is acid...

martyrinexile86
07-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Far as I know, Sunkist is a type of orange soda. No such entity as a Sunkist orange, however.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
07-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Far as I know, Sunkist is a type of orange soda. No such entity as a Sunkist orange, however.

Honestly not trying to instigate an argument, but yes, Sunkist are orange growers.

http://www.sunkist.com/

Generally speaking, this song is BY FAR my favorite on this album, if not ever. Strange, complex, simple, melodic, gut wrenching................it just hits so many different levels. And to think that this song is spoken on someone else's behalf gives me a chuckle. My guess is that we will never know for sure who this song is really about, but its fun to ponder. And actually there is a recent interview with Adam where he says something along the lines of this song is just a message to pointless drug users/abusers. Basically, if you are going to meddle with psychedelics, dont bother. Just use appropriately with a goal in mind. Im sure most of you have read this interview anyways, so no need to ramble on.

ChristianTroy
07-25-2006, 03:15 PM
The people at Woodstock charged with helping those who were freaking out on acid gave the freakers slices of oranges telling them that oranges were known to calm down bad acid trips. This is what this song references. And as for oranges kicking in a trip, you've got to be joking. The only thing kicking in the acid you just ate is the acid you just ate.

couldbe
07-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Honestly not trying to instigate an argument, but yes, Sunkist are orange growers.

indeed, just pick up any orange in the fruit section at the grocery store and it will most likely have a little sunkist sticker on it

praefector
07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
DXM = GOD

lol

dxm is for little girls

MarthFTW
07-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Actually, I think Rosetta Stoned is a little bit of a satire of the guys who take enough drugs to think they're special or have special thoughts/abilities.

ChristianTroy
07-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Actually, I think Rosetta Stoned is a little bit of a satire of the guys who take enough drugs to think they're special or have special thoughts/abilities.

20 posts in this thread, and somebody finally got it right.

somniferous
07-26-2006, 06:03 AM
i can agree that too

Aunt Acid
07-28-2006, 05:04 PM
The only part of this song that doesn't make sense with LSD is the line "Shit the bed". Shitting yourself is more common on DMT than LSD.

ufopancakes
07-29-2006, 07:58 AM
When I used to dabble with the DXM, EVERYTHING made sense. I had the answer to everything. I have had out-of-body experiences, an experience where my cousin and both thought that we were one person (makes me think of "we are all one mind"), and the list goes on. Its been about 5 years, and Ive been tempted, but have not indulged.

Regarding LSD, I have taken doses of it up to 12 drops of liquid, and never even came close to the trips I had on DXM. So, if you are seeing aliens on acid, share.

DXM is manufactured. When you take it, you KNOW how much you're taking.

I would think that either you got some really weak or bunk acid... or your body functions a lot differently than other peoples. Really good acid will shatter your perception of reality unlike you can even imagine.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
07-29-2006, 03:02 PM
DXM is manufactured. When you take it, you KNOW how much you're taking.

I would think that either you got some really weak or bunk acid... or your body functions a lot differently than other peoples. Really good acid will shatter your perception of reality unlike you can even imagine.

The time with 12 hits was VERY far from weak. A friend took 3 drops and claimed that he broke a window in his car, yet the window was rolled down. So, then he decided to pick up all of the "broken glass" off of the ground. An hour later, we were picking him up off the ground. Yeah. Good times.

tool/rush/mars
07-29-2006, 04:32 PM
DXM is way more intense than LSD it is not really an arguement.

Aunt Acid
07-29-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm on DXM right now... I like acid better. Let's not underestimate DXM just because it's in RObotussin now.

somniferous
07-30-2006, 12:13 AM
for this song, you must realize the first thing maynard says, "alrighty then, think of this as you will"......I think that somes up the song pretty fuckin well...