PDA

View Full Version : i ask you why this is the best song...

dissociation
11-23-2002, 11:13 PM
...AND THAT'S BECAUSE YOU CAN'T OVER-ANALYZE THE DAMN THING LIKE YOU CAN WITH ALL THE OTHER SONGS.

Aranedain
11-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Actually, I'll overanalyze it you non-analytical bastard. I noticed an echoe effect on the guitar. This could show some sort of reflection in the piece, maybe some sort of precursor to the latter part of the album. The piece also plays very well into The Patient. The length is short, but it seems to say a lot. The tremelo picking sets a nice mood while the melody could be meditated to.

desert_fly
11-25-2002, 09:47 AM
i see it as mostly an intro to the patient. i think if it has a meaning to be analyzed, its just that we should go more with feelings than overanalysis, if thats not some kind of paradox. other than that, all there really is to analyze are the aspects of its musicality, as you have done.

ragna16
11-26-2002, 09:44 AM
There is analysis here, and there is intuition. I think that the strong wordless rhythm stirs up a sweet relaxed emotion, perfect for the patient.

bmeason
11-27-2002, 02:14 AM
Wow. That guy seems a little disgruntled with analyzing songs. Why do you think tool would make music? for you to just look on the surface and gain nothing from it? They are not... *cough* .... limp bizkit or kid rock. They have a goal, not just to earn your fifteen dollars made at taco bell :)

-Bryan Meason

-Phantom Pain-
11-27-2002, 12:44 PM
"""2. Eon Blue Apocalypse

Key 20 - Judgement - Shin- Tooth
Gematria Value: 300
31st Path Olibanum | Fire Opal

From Malchus to Hod | NORTH TO SOUTH

Next we come to 'Eon Blue Apocalypse' that takes the path of Key 20 - Judgment - Shin- Tooth. Seven lines of sound from the trumpet(or guitar in this case) represent the seven notes in the musical scale, or the seven chakras. This rebirth is the transformative process of evolution we all are continually undergoing. "Shin" means tooth, and suggests chewing, or tearing apart for nourishment. Key 20 shows a pause, a looking back, before beginning something new. Pluto rules this Key and it's placement at birth influences the person's deepest transformations in life, and the death experience. It teaches the transition from desire to individuate, to the desire to rejoin the source. Transits of Pluto bring profound changes, ends of relationships, the realization that some things are obsolete, past their bloom. Time for a change. Pluto represents generational evolution; it influences mass changes of thought, and the relationship between the individual and the eternal. Its placement shows where fundamental growth and life developments will occur, and how they will be colored. The breakdown of reality teaches detachment. Pluto shows a person's most profound karmic imperatives, patterns that will recur throughout the life, the hardest habits to break. Pluto benefits include distinction, realization, passing the evolutionary hurdle, transcendence."""

now THAT is overanalyzing

(source : http://www.toolpantheon.com/lateralus_meanings.htm )

Kostia
11-27-2002, 04:05 PM
I think it sounds cool. I can play on guitar because I thought it sounded cool. It's cool.

^^my interpretation^^

Casious
11-29-2002, 09:41 AM
"over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind"...

bmeason
11-29-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Casious
"over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind"...

Yes... it does, but....

In that song I believe he is referring to your situation in life, and your goals. Not thinking of new situations and learning from people's art and work. To learn from these mediums you have to over think the simple in your face boundries it first shows you.

Do not over analyze your life and emotions. Do not put more faith (or less) into every constant thing. Be more with the energy and continue to ride the spiral... do not stop and look out the windows every four steps.

-Bryan Meason

Aberfoyle
11-29-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by dissociation
...AND THAT'S BECAUSE YOU CAN'T OVER-ANALYZE THE DAMN THING LIKE YOU CAN WITH ALL THE OTHER SONGS.

I just got here tonight, and I couldn't help but laugh at this post, simply because it's so true. Just look at some of the artwork interpritations.

flipmojo
11-30-2002, 07:16 AM
It sounds like vocals on the guitar.

criesofcarrots
12-07-2002, 09:03 PM
i think it is true. over analyzing seperates the body from the mind, so to speak, and believe you me, dissociative experiences are not for the novice. ;)

neo_taboolie
12-10-2002, 09:42 PM
A few brief notes... just to add to this 'analysing' thread.
"Eon Blue" is, of course, a chat area on the official site and could be linked with communication or reflections of what is/has been said...
"Apocalypse" looked up in the dictionary reveals 'the last book in the Bible, recording the revelation to St John...' But of course, we already knew that.

It also serves as a good intro to The Patient and if you want the ultimate simple opinion (for all you people who don't like over-analysing):

Originally posted by flipmojo
It sounds like vocals on the guitar.