PDA

View Full Version : kether

faaip de oaid
04-14-2003, 03:19 PM
i was listening to the song and i just thought of something...
maynard says "wear the grudge like a crown" and it reminded me of the Qabalah and they call the first point on it "the crown" or kether. maybe someone already mentioned this... i havent figured out how it would relate yet but.... if anyone thinks of something lets hear it

reign3
04-14-2003, 07:49 PM
i think he just means "like a crown" as something to be proud of in a way. something you have and know intimidates others could be seen as having power.

faaip de oaid
04-20-2003, 09:11 PM
"I must, at the risk of appearing to digree, insist upon this distinction between philosophical and practical points of view, or (in Qabalistic language) between Kether and Malkuth."

That is a quote from Crowley in The Solider and The hunchback. In the Qabalah, 1=Kether, 10=Malkuth.

Maynard says, "choose one or ten"

So I believe Maynard is saying what Crowley is saying. Choose between a philosophical or practical point of view.

Heres a stab....
Maybe when Maynard says "wear the grudge like a crown", he is saying wear it as 1, or kether, the philosophical viewpoint. Maybe he is suggesting the practical viewpoint, (10, Malkuth) or trying to say, be reasonable.

a good guess if you ask me...

Atratus
05-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Nice, Faaip De Oiad. Defenitely agree with that.

If the Grudge, in truth, is the crown and Kether, then he is the first cause. The energy it took to bear the leaden grudges as it were, will be transformed and put to good use. This might be what Maynard is singing about in the fourth track on undertow: hatred, weakness, guilt, stuff like that, grudges, keep him alive. He feeds on them, burns them, purifying them, as fuel is 'purified' into energy. Lead is purified into gold.

However, what is this 'crown of negativity'. What are we to imagine. I'm often thinking black holes, for one, sucking matter, and emitting (gold) radiation in exchange.

Lateralus is an album might express a process of purification and concentration. Lateralus as a song i believe could be the seperation of excess matter (through overanalyzing, that was so generously given blood in 08:t&l), so that the energy is pure and can be concentrated (through one's withered intuition, as a big grape withers to a sugary raisin - suck me dry). Out of pure light, all things can be fashioned (spiral that might go where no one's been).

I'm getting way off topic here. Hope you like that.

I'm sure i can up with more about kether and the crown of negativity if you want (Esp. with a little help :O), but right now it's 3.20 AM and i'm going to sleep after a little Tai Chi or something.

Sweet dreams folks.