PDA

View Full Version : good and evil equals the only way

justify_denials
06-04-2006, 02:48 AM
"Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys
Where there's one you're bound to divide it
Right in two"

What lies in the garden of Eden, is enough to go around for all.
Where there is one thing of only goodness, you eat it and divides from good to; good and evil.

It's only right that this happened.

It's only right there there exist both good and evil.

justify_denials
06-04-2006, 02:54 AM
Because of good + evil, religion was created.
Everyone is baffled and confused now. Everyone has 'reason' but why choose religion, confusion. Angels won't play the game.

"Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason,
And this is what they choose?"

offspring
06-04-2006, 11:48 AM
That "good + evil" stuff sounds okay to me if you include everything that is connected with these two words. Love and Hate, Peace and War or anything else that has two sides.
Since I think that the song is about war, I believe that "Right In Two" are the two "monkey-armies" who are fighting each other. What about "USA" and "Iraq" ...?

AsylumVT
06-04-2006, 11:55 AM
it relates to war but not like usa and iraq to me its just war in general

justify_denials
06-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Yes, just how we discovered fire, which is good because fire allows you to cook food and stay warm; fire turns bad because you can forge a sword!!! I, personally, when listening to these lyrics do not imagine modern times seeing as the lyrics mention forging a blade, but of course you can place the lyrics into modern time of course because you can replace 'blade' with 'gun'. Also, once again a 'stone' which is good in the sense you can build a home, because evil as to bash someones fuckin skull in with it. Really, its to each individual who relates and interprets what age the lyrics can take place in.

justify_denials
06-04-2006, 01:32 PM
opps, I posted that about "Intension". Which I personally view as related songs none the less, which they are lyricly I suppose; right in two,

"Silly monkeys give them thumbs they forge a blade
And where there's one they're bound to divide it
Right in two "

offspring
06-04-2006, 01:53 PM
lol, amazing that the interpretation works for Right In Two, too...
Nothing in our world is "just" one thing.
"Everything has an opposite" (quotation from Frank McCourt's "Angelas Ashes").
Isn't the whole album based on the present? Well it's ok if you associate the lyrics with the middle ages or something, but I'd rather say it was written for today's people who get reduced to monkey. Although I still think we are more than that...

justify_denials
06-04-2006, 02:23 PM
well I don't think we still use blades in war today, but none the less the whole album I feel present times as well. Although, extraterristial topics in rosetta stone essentially date back 2000 years and not to mention the finding of the rosetta stone, which the song does not appear to be about the rosetta stone found in egypt over 200 years ago but rather that no one ever thought it was not aliens (or maybe?) that felll in 1947 but rather a rosetta stone of sorts.