PDA

View Full Version : Inner Struggle/Dogma

ufopancakes
06-02-2006, 10:32 PM
So far, this is my interpretation of the song (keeping in mind, I have absolutly no background on the word Jambi, on what it means or anything)

I think this song is about an inner struggle with oneself, between your natural instincts, and what (for explaining purposes) the Christian church expects you to be. It sounds like a person has all these worldly possessions (probably obtained through wrongdoing) and feels as if hes being separated from God by them. He reaches a point of acceptance in this faith bred-by-force, and would trade anything to ensure a healthy relationship with God, and a comfortable seat in the afterlife

Dim my eyes if they should comproimise our fulcrum

Frustration with the urge to question... It basically says to me "blind me, keep me ignorant if my open eyes will jeapordize our connection" (Speaking to 'god')

Then at the very end...

Silence leeches, save your poison, stay out of my way...

Sounds to me like a direct statement for those involved with Dogmatic structures, that treat religion like a buisiness and prowl on the confusion and fear of the unknown in thier 'customers'. Its basically telling them to shut the fuck up and save your effort for someone that will swallow your spoonfed bullshit

jim39n
06-02-2006, 10:35 PM
bingo, materialism and other earthly focuses can take away from ones spirituality, this song is maynards deleration he will never allow that to happen

swampyfool
06-03-2006, 04:35 AM
. . . among other things.

orangedarkblue
06-07-2006, 02:56 AM
Please explain, you seem to understand things that I would like to understand.

Just read the lyrics man, there are many facets to MJK's words

HelenA
06-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Just read the lyrics man, there are many facets to MJK's words

Wow - so easy to say - come on - we could all do with some help on this song. We KNOW there are lots of facets, that's what is so great about this song but if you have anything to add we would love to hear it.

I think lots of people have contributed to the analysis and it is all good but for me it all hangs on those final words

"Silence leech, and save your poison.
Silence leech/Silent legions stay out of my way."

Lots of ideas fit beautifully right up to this point.