PDA

View Full Version : erroneous sacred mirrors...

dissociation
11-23-2002, 10:17 PM
at the san antonio show on november 12th, the sacred mirrors were out of order. it must've been a crew error.

as well as that, the visuals for a few songs weren't too appealing as they were on the first tour for lateralus. "third eye" wasn't that great at all... it was just like watching a plug-in for winamp or something. and the visuals for "parabola" were out of sync with the song, which was funny. i think that was yet another crew fuck up.

the best thing in visuals was the ones for "h." very symbolic (snake eating itself) and it fit perfectly.

but out of all the concert art, the best was the two back-drops. they stole the show practically.

povvy
11-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by dissociation

but out of all the concert art, the best was the two back-drops. they stole the show practically.

It is amazing when they start "The Grudge" and the first backdrop is revealed. Truly an unforgettable experience.

Patrick.

okkoto
11-25-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by dissociation
at the san antonio show on november 12th, the sacred mirrors were out of order. it must've been a crew error.

what order was it in?

asphexict
11-25-2002, 09:53 AM
i never really paid too much attention about the order but now that i think of it they were in order in okc and tuls all three times this past year. this last show i paid more attention to the screens than the other two. all of everything they've ever played here has been phenomenal, and has been very inspiring. i always have the urge to go home after the shows and play my synths, digeridoo, ect.. never heard H live but i finally got to hear third eye this last time. i can't wait to see them again.

dan
11-25-2002, 11:26 AM
i think it is fucking cool when the lights shift and the backdrop looks like an entirely different piece of art.

rock on.

scorpioali
11-26-2002, 08:25 AM
anyone know where i can find that book the sacred mirrors? i quite like alex grey's artwork, and my art tacher and i have talked about purchasing that book for a while now.

allegedtrigrman
11-26-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by scorpioali
anyone know where i can find that book the sacred mirrors? i quite like alex grey's artwork, and my art tacher and i have talked about purchasing that book for a while now.

Have you tried www.alexgrey.com? That would be the first place I'd look.

blueghost
12-02-2002, 10:10 PM
scorpiali - you can get it from alexgrey.com and you might still be able to get it signed, but if not then go tto newyork in december cause he is giving tours his original pieces in the "Tibet House" on fridays!!!!!

Ghost

dissociation
12-04-2002, 05:26 PM
alex grey signs every thing he sells from the website anyway. i bought the thelogue poster, and it was signed (not a copied signature, a real one). you can also find it at barnes and noble's or borders book stores.