PDA

View Full Version : Best song

DogmaTriple6
06-02-2006, 05:10 PM
I strongly feel that this is one of the best song on the cd anyone else agree?

eulogy09
06-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Agreed. this song kicks some serious ass, with the build up and end....it's amazing.

neutered
06-09-2006, 05:11 PM
I think this song & 'Bottom' are the two best on Undertow by far. The dynamics of the into are great, as well the lyrics. I interpreted it as realizing that what you've always believed to be true (be it in terms of spirituality or something else) is not the foolproof ideology you had always assumed, and the subsequential crisis/reorganization that follows

savelints8
06-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I have searched my consciousness for several hours and have come to the conclusion that I agree with this thread.

Cha
06-27-2006, 04:02 PM
The end is so powerful. I think Undertow's end is pretty close to it though.

timothy_ownage_
07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
yeah this is definitely one of the best if not the best on the album (in my opinion)

DON IOTAE
07-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Absolutely. As paraflux has mentioned many times before: this is a glimpse of what is to come (i.e. ÆNIMA) This song is a magnum opus, its structure is carefully crafted and the melody is fuckin spooky... I luv this tune.

Pushit666
07-15-2006, 06:19 AM

Totally. It never fails to fill me with energy after a listen.

fugitive538
07-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, definitely one of the best. Nowadays i'm rediscovering it (and the hole undertow album), amazing.

SpiraMirabilis
07-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I still hav´nt come round to Flood, although its certainly not a bad song. The introduction seems to be long, uninspired and has´nt much in common with the rest of the song.

Can someone properly explain why its so good.

Cha
07-16-2006, 06:21 AM
I enjoy the last 2 minutes, so much power. "Clense and Purge me in the WATERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!'

DON IOTAE
07-16-2006, 12:12 PM
no one can explain it for you, SpiraMirabilis. I could mention my reasons for loving it, but you would still be left with not liking it... If you don't think it's awesome, that's ok!

Theheroeshavedied
07-18-2006, 09:29 AM
^^
indeed, no use is trying to get somebody to like something.... we just have to face the fact that we're all different people, and this diversification is translated in different tastes.
thus it's OK if you don't like what everyone else does, actually that makes you an individual that stands out of the masses. i've seen a lot of buffoons attacking people who don't agree with their opinions in this website.

anyway, flood, prison sex, and undertow are top 3 IMO. they're probable the best composed in this album.... i advise those who aren't into undertow to take some effort into listening to it some more, and then evaluate its true value.
This album was such a mind blowing event back in '93. amazing masterpiece.

DON IOTAE
07-18-2006, 10:24 AM
^ fkn A!

SpiraMirabilis
07-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Looking back I can see the stupidity in what I said. Everyone hears music differently to each other. Maybe I'll start to hear what you hear given more time. The album is still fairly new to me.

DON IOTAE
07-18-2006, 06:45 PM
^ hear here...

Theheroeshavedied
07-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Looking back I can see the stupidity in what I said. Everyone hears music differently to each other. Maybe I'll start to hear what you hear given more time. The album is still fairly new to me.

cool. and, wow, someone actually followed my advice! undertow is be reckoned with! the p. sex video might help you like that song better!

DON IOTAE
07-19-2006, 06:45 AM
I remember when I was a nerd geek back in high school, I used to play this song to my friends and ask them, "dude, if this song was a natural disaster, which one would it be?"

They never got it right. I heard it clear as day... it was a flood! *rofl*

Ok, feel free to flame my 15 year old self.

:P

Theheroeshavedied
07-19-2006, 07:21 AM
I remember when I was a nerd geek back in high school, I used to play this song to my friends and ask them, "dude, if this song was a natural disaster, which one would it be?"

They never got it right. I heard it clear as day... it was a flood! *rofl*

Ok, feel free to flame my 15 year old self.

:P

so buddy, do you assign a natural disaster to every album? this is just me, but i don't see the need: Tool is society's greatest disaster: the temple is toppling over.... apologize if i'm lame.

DON IOTAE
07-19-2006, 08:53 AM
^ a necessary and very welcome disaster... ;)

the pieces WILL fit.

Theheroeshavedied
07-19-2006, 11:54 AM
^
absolutely! i just hope you don't live in L.A. when mom will flush it all away! then again, tool have done all they could in our conciences, now, we must wellcome the change... by the way, expect a private message by my part!

isn't it a mighty thought to consider that 4 talented people are awakening in numbers beyond reckoning the will to change the way things are? however it feels that for every individual they help awake, another five fall to sleep... that's the way this world goes! it's far too easy to sleep. it's convenient! blessed are the blind!

DON IOTAE
07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm breathing, so I guess I'm still alive...

Theheroeshavedied
07-19-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm breathing, so I guess I'm still alive...
I'm alive when you're touching me but not when you're shoving me down! lol

DON IOTAE
07-19-2006, 12:03 PM
^ there's no love in fear!

Theheroeshavedied
07-19-2006, 12:22 PM
^ there's no love in fear!

Show me that you love me and that we belong together. Relax, turn around and take my hand.lol!

DON IOTAE
07-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Someone told me once that there's a right and wrong, and that punishment would come for those who dare to cross the line!

Theheroeshavedied
07-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Someone told me once that there's a right and wrong, and that punishment would come for those who dare to cross the line!

As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend....lol

DON IOTAE
07-19-2006, 03:02 PM
(too bad no one else will join us in this endeavor...)

this bog is thick and easy to get lost in...

Theheroeshavedied
07-20-2006, 02:02 AM
(too bad no one else will join us in this endeavor...)

this bog is thick and easy to get lost in...

too bad indeed, but it's not the quantity, but the quality that counts!
Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und
Keine Eier ....rotf

sotos
07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
sleeping under a dead ohio sky...

Theheroeshavedied
07-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Why can't we sleep forever?

DON IOTAE
07-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm the man!

Theheroeshavedied
07-26-2006, 11:13 AM
^^
For information in Ig-pay Atin-lay, lease-pay ress-pay ine-nay.... there!! lol

Caduceus11
07-26-2006, 06:34 PM
its so good because whether you've ever been in a flood (yes, I have) you realize the truth in "this ground is not the rock i, thought to be!!!" is what really goes through your mind as you prepare---you size up what's going to get left behind and what things you are going to try to save. I really liked this song before I suffered through the actual event, but since I have some common ground with it now, it really sings true...as TOOL seems to do. In any case, the quote above, is again so flexible; wherever it is you stand, you may believe you're on stable ground (that includes where you are PHYSICALLY standing, or where you stand on issues) but something may make you realize that its not what you thought....

resonance.
08-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Without a doubt

jaysmeth
12-04-2011, 10:11 PM
As per my view the best songs are: Never Let You Go, Earth song, A year without rain, Party In a USA, Waiting Tonight, Round & Round and Stuck in the movement.

Angel on the Sideline
12-05-2011, 06:42 AM
If by "Round & Round" you are referring to the Ratt tune ... and by "Party In the USA" you are referring to the Miley Cyrus song ... well, I know I can speak for everyone on this forum when I say "We agree. Well done."

DogStar_OG
03-10-2015, 12:07 AM

I agree.

lotus.
03-10-2015, 09:46 AM
I agree.

Good bump!

>_>

Altho, I wouldn't wait around too long waiting for a reply from DogmaTriple6.

DogStar_OG
03-10-2015, 11:16 AM
This is my punishment. Sorting through cobwebs of dead meaningless threads. Maybe I will reinterpret every tool song. Again.