PDA

View Full Version : Incredible listening experience

Poetria Nova
06-01-2006, 01:04 PM
So, the setup: lying in bed, eyes closed, hands on chest. Headphones on. New Tool CD in the player. PLAY.

"Vicarious" and "Jambi" allow me to get my bearings. I become totally relaxed, just trying to take in all this pristine musical information. Trying to go with the flow. By "Wings for Marie" and "10000 Days", I am in a very receptive state.

I get gooseflesh. But that's just the start. Soon, a wave of "energy" bursts from the base of my spine! A feeling of concentrated energy builds up and shoots all across my body is discreet waves. Feet first: down the legs, up the tips of toes. Then the arms (not as strong).

Next comes the rush up the spine: the activity in the back of the head feels especially powerful. This lasts only a moment, then the wave continues upwards. Like a warm wave rippling across the brain. This is not a new sensation: "Reflection" and a few other songs (Tool or otherwise) have produced similar effects.

But...

Another wave hits. Followed by yet another. It became really crazy: I counted close to 20 "hits". Usually the next wave started before the previous one had reached its climax. It was an awesome experience. I wouldn't call it a musical experience, simply because if I'd expect all music to produce such effects all the time, I would be severely disappointed day in, day out!

Garguantua
06-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Lol.
You need to get laid.

æmoeba•°·.
06-01-2006, 09:50 PM
hahaha and now you realize that you were just malested by the music...

Poetria Nova
06-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Telling responses: "get laid" & "malested [sic] by the music". What's with the ill will?

There is a slight correspondence with orgasm: that temporal feeling of altered consciousness. All I can say is that the experience is awe-inspiring: both the warm and holistic feeling itself, but especially the realization that there are still many things your body can do you didn't have a clue about.

æmoeba•°·.
06-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Telling responses: "get laid" & "malested [sic] by the music". What's with the ill will?

There is a slight correspondence with orgasm: that temporal feeling of altered consciousness. All I can say is that the experience is awe-inspiring: both the warm and holistic feeling itself, but especially the realization that there are still many things your body can do you didn't have a clue about.

twas' a joke...i wouldn't make fun of anyone...

Poetria Nova
06-01-2006, 11:36 PM
I am a humorless person. So is my apocalypse fuck buddy.