PDA

View Full Version : legal matters

Iamapimp
05-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I would believe that it has something to do w/ legal procedings. The song mentions kangaroo three times and the same with lawyer. But again, I really don't know.

kangaroo court
n.
A mock court set up in violation of established legal procedure.
A court characterized by dishonesty or incompetence.

slicknickshady
05-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Usapimp.

æmoeba•°·.
05-31-2006, 09:40 AM
hm..makes sense but yet, anything would make sense right about now...•°·§.

Terry21
05-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Everytime I read a definition of kangaroo court I don't understand one word.

It's a mock-up frablisitor with stabilibration of a trialorpflashion with the cringe pallapa pallapa what the fuck fuck shabbadab court infestigerbla. Blah.

Bukkhead
06-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Everytime I read a definition of kangaroo court I don't understand one word.

It's a mock-up frablisitor with stabilibration of a trialorpflashion with the cringe pallapa pallapa what the fuck fuck shabbadab court infestigerbla. Blah.

Laugh at me while I take this one seriously.

The Kangaroo Court is a symbol of pre-conceived notions. Of prejudice, pure and simple. If one has already decided that a person is guilty, but goes through the motions of examining that person, one is creating a "kangaroo court."

For example. You walk into a record store. The owner does not like the look of you. You keep loitering near the Tool albums and you're humming some stupid song about Arizona bay and you have a t-shirt with a wrench on it. He decides to toss your wortheless butt out. However, he doesn't want the other customers to think he is an asshole. So he walks up to you, and says, loud enough for others to hear "Are you shoplifting in MY store?"

And you say no, of course not, and he says "What's that in your HAND?"

And you show him 10,000 Days, and he says "Aha! I thought so, ya little punk." And he grabs your arm and hauls you toward the door.

That's what a Kangaroo Court is like. The hypocracy comes in when you realize the bastard is making a killing off those records, charging an unfair mark-up because he's the only one in town selling those records. He steals money from YOU and your friends, and then tries to claim YOU are the thief.

He's the pot calling the kettle black. So what if one of your buddies stole a CD one time. It's not like you stole hundreds of them, like he tells the insurance people.

Hope that makes sense. If it don't, oh well. I'm just bored at work right now anyway.

--JE

æmoeba•°·.
06-01-2006, 07:55 PM
ha. -.- you said to^^^