PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Love

pickle
05-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before but just read a interview with Maynard and Danny from Ralph Magazine in Australia.....one of the questions directed at Maynard reads.

Ralph: Maynard, didn't Courtney Love call you a media whore?

Maynard: Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It's the pot looking in the mirror and calling the pot in the mirror black and I just happen to be standing in the corner.

Seems to have some sort of reference to the lyrics for this track....thoughts anyone?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned...also not sure if the interview has been posted...can't seem to find a link to it anywhere but would type it if anyone interested....

Tachyon
05-30-2006, 03:49 AM
For me it's a nice find but I think Maynard wouldn't waste so much breath for a professional whore like that thing.

Mike590
05-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Actually, its a possibility if you think about it.

"Liar - Lawyer, mirror show me whats the difference."

It means he cant tell the difference between a liar and a lawyer. A mirror reflects exactly what it sees,s o it would not be abloe to tell the difference. On the other hand, if were saying Courtney Love is the mirror, he would be pointing out at her saying "Your good at finding the difference between identical things, so show me this one."

On a less thorough scale, the song is the black kettle, ironicly, ans she, the pot, is pissing all over it, metaphoricly. She was dissing him and he isnt going to take it.

"You must have been high" to screw with me.

The Scottish Tool
05-30-2006, 02:43 PM
For me it's a nice find but I think Maynard wouldn't waste so much breath for a professional whore like that thing.

Yep, doubt jimmy would bother to comment on her.

static
05-30-2006, 03:39 PM
More refferences to Courtney in an MTV interview...

"Kurt Loder: Was it really you who created the "Free Frances Bean" T-shirt?

Maynard James Keenan: Oh, yeah, back in '96, '97. Everybody at that time was trying to get us to do all these benefit shows — you know, like "Free Tibet." And I was like, "I'm gonna have my own platform: Free Frances Bean." Because just watching the tornado that is her mother, my first thought was, "Oh my God, how is Frances Bean gonna survive this insanity?" Because artists can be extremely eccentric and insane, and unfortunately, the people they hurt the most are the people that are closest to them. The shirt was kind of a flippant joke, and then it just spiraled out of control — everyone wanted them, and I was giving them away. Courtney hates me. She called me a media whore once. Isn't that great? I have the distinction of being called a media whore by Courtney Love."

Interesting...

EDIT: LINK: http://www.mtv.com/bands/a/a_perfect_circle/news_feature_040122/

jim39n
05-30-2006, 03:45 PM
lol, i remember reading something about that, but i don't think it has anything to do with the song. the pot calling the kettle black is an old expression, and one i would bet maynard probly uses somewhat with frequency

blood_wh0re
05-30-2006, 04:37 PM
If so...then by calling courtney love a bad mother isn't jimmy pointing the finger at himself and finding the difference between two identical things? (calling himself a bad parent for using drugs and having an over-whelming career)

Sorry, but I don't believe the original theory in this thread...but I beleive you could apply this song to whatever idead ressonates to you as you listen.

The energy that is "Courtney Love" is a manifestation of a universally applied archetypcal image : the WIDOW

æmoeba•°·.
05-31-2006, 09:37 AM
that was a very long time ago, infact Maynard stated that Courtney Love called him a "media whore" on an MTV interview as well promoting A Perfect Circle and dabbling around with Tool speak....

koobcam
06-21-2006, 07:36 AM
NIN, TooL, Nirvana, she gets around... Marilyn Manson... anymore???

blood_wh0re
06-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Courtney Love was with TWIGGY from Marilyn Manson for a while...you may know him as Jeordie White from A Perfect Circle.

She only fucked Trent Asshole once "lousy lay lousy lay, never have I paid so much blood and dishonour for that lousy lay" and openly regretted it.

bellamadia
06-21-2006, 07:45 AM

Nor should we waste any time talking about that skank. Damn, this is the 2nd thread about her.

Ahh, She has infected this site.

Moderators, we're going to need a clean up in aisle 5 please.

koobcam
06-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Courtney Love was with TWIGGY from Marilyn Manson for a while...you may know him as Jeordie White from A Perfect Circle.

She only fucked Trent Asshole once "lousy lay lousy lay, never have I paid so much blood and dishonour for that lousy lay" and openly regretted it.
I just mean she seems to have a lot of influence or appearances in rock. i.e. she really is an attention seeking media whore.

TurdEye13
06-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Being a Nirvana fan, I HATE Courtney Love.

ElDespertador
06-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Being a Nirvana fan, I HATE Courtney Love.

echo3
07-04-2006, 09:15 PM
courtney love is a whore. she has a face only kurt cobain's shotgun could love.

Terry21
07-05-2006, 05:53 AM
She killed Kurt.

CaseLogic
07-05-2006, 06:26 AM
why are you guys calling him jimmy, are you like best buds with him or something?

smirk
07-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Every time I see her name I feel like I need a shower and a pennicillin shot, a skank of the lowest order.

lizbiz
07-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Please no more Courtney Love!

I see where the ideas stem from, I would like to think (at least hope) that Maynard wouldn't waste Tool's time converying messages about her. When you're releasing an album every 5 years, dedicating 6 minutes of it to that trash would be a depressing waste of time. Also, he refers to the person as a male twice, by saying 'boy' and 'he's guilty as the government'

I think it's about Timothy Barrus.

A Spirit of Radio
07-14-2006, 04:02 PM
i think it's about a lot of people- and a fucked up system. multiple metaphors yet again! well done maynard james.

Aunt Acid
07-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Also, he refers to the person as a male twice, by saying 'boy' and 'he's guilty as the government'

That does not stop it from being about Courtney Love... I mean look at her.