PDA

View Full Version : best ending to a tool song. ever.

Montague
05-29-2006, 09:17 PM
its such a different take on the traditional end of a Tool song. sure, it's a build up, but it doesnt break. you can kinda feel maynard restraining himself, singing through his teeth, with such brilliant malice. i always get chills hearing this. its so... angry.

hah. stupid thread, i know.

skwid
05-30-2006, 07:06 AM
its such a different take on the traditional end of a Tool song. sure, it's a build up, but it doesnt break. you can kinda feel maynard restraining himself, singing through his teeth, with such brilliant malice. i always get chills hearing this. its so... angry.

YES!!! I TOTALLY FEEL YA.
This ending kicks my ass EVERY time. Nearly the most intense ending they have.

TurdEye13
05-30-2006, 09:14 AM
crazy good

Cid
05-30-2006, 12:15 PM
it's good....i like the ending to lateralus and 46&2 better though.

guitarpete987
05-30-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't know about ever, but it's definitely a great ending. You're right about the restrained anger. It's great like he's about to burst but he's holding himself back. It's very positive. And I the subtle way his voice trails off into the distance at the very end.

Tool endings are always great, but this is one kind of ending they've never really done before.

inSin
05-30-2006, 01:01 PM
i love the ending to Jambi but im with Cid Lateralus is way better

Luosdasa
05-30-2006, 10:28 PM
yeh ending is pretty good, but i prefer ticks and leaches and latteralus to it. Oh, and of course Sober.

Bloody
05-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Imo, schism has the best ending to a tool song ever

Cows
05-31-2006, 05:26 AM
I love this song and the ending is awesome. So obviously i was well pissed off when i was listening to the album yesterday and my fucked up cd player went and massacred the song by starting to skip half way through. Twice. And it messed up the flow of the album. Cunt.

Just had to vent a bit of anger there.

troublefunk
05-31-2006, 08:55 PM

It's definitely a new kind of ending for them. The music and maynard's singing really give you the sense that he is trying to hold himself back somewhat. It's a wave that doesn't break. There's no catharsis inducing huge scream, like in THE GRUDGE. I love that it's something different, another gift on an album full of gifts to anyone willing to digest the whole thing.

The emotion of it really comes through life too, I might add.

That being said, I would say I prefer Rosetta Stoned's clusterfuck sludgy ping pong schizo ending. That was simply unbelievable live. Hell's own Jam Band....

justfar1086
05-31-2006, 09:14 PM

I agree with that, but also listen to the song, i originally thought it was gonna be a buildup into something even crazier but it just ends, almost like the whole band is restraining from releasing everything

telder
06-01-2006, 03:48 AM
Tight ending. How about "The Patient" though. Maybe my favorite song/ending.

rembrandt_q_einstein
06-01-2006, 03:50 AM
what about hush? love that ending for sure... that and 46 &2

Cid
06-01-2006, 10:42 AM
I prefer Rosetta Stoned's clusterfuck sludgy ping pong schizo ending.

perfect.

savelints8
06-01-2006, 10:56 AM
The Grudge does it for me. Jambi's ending is cool, too.

iamtheflute
06-01-2006, 11:10 AM
everyone said that this song didn't have a build-up or a climax or anything when they first heard the album.

I loved it, it was like the song had a climax without actually having one. Very similar to drunken sex.

Maynard wrote this song while drunk off of his wine and watching peewee's playhouse while having sex. That man is god...

EulogyCallinMe
06-01-2006, 01:17 PM
yeah the ending is great. suddenly it starts building and the earth is starting to tremble and then it just stops. it does indeed sound as if maynard is singing through his teeth with such spite he could strike you and then thats it, thats as far as it goes...it passes. this is a truly amazing ending but i think eulogy's resolution is my favorite, but the grudge and jambi are neck and neck for second.

#Notion
06-01-2006, 01:21 PM
I would have to say third eye's flickering, out-of-control, slowly dimming aftermath has it beat.

NoD
06-01-2006, 01:54 PM
what ending?

EssnayRepXTamEt
06-01-2006, 03:36 PM
I think that Lateralus and Pushit have the best endings to ANY Tool song.

Reflection is up there as well... if you actually call that an "ending" since it goes into another song..

Visceral9
06-01-2006, 03:46 PM
It took me a little while to come to grips with the sudden closure on Jambi, but now I love the way it ends. The whole track is really in the midst of a renaissance for me. But Tool's best ending is Parabola.

EssnayRepXTamEt
06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
It took me a little while to come to grips with the sudden closure on Jambi, but now I love the way it ends. The whole track is really in the midst of a renaissance for me. But Tool's best ending is Parabola.

Oh yes... I forgot about Parabola for a second there.

It's a great ending. It used to be my overall favorite, but not anymore.

Lennon
06-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Love the ending. Eulogy, Flood, Pushit, Lateralus, The Grudge are up there as well.

æmoeba•°·.
06-01-2006, 07:52 PM
The ending for each tool song is great:

for example, Third - Eye...Adam shows off a few random 'screw with effects' techniques and then takes his finger up past the 1st fret and bends the D..A..and other D string and then releases...NO ONE DOES THESE SORT OF THINGS EXCEPT TOOL!!! it's mind bottling at almost every Tool song ending...it's like a second climax if you will...

Jon08
06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
i think either Aenema, Third Eye, or Pushit have the best endings.

+++++Darth+++++
01-13-2007, 05:14 AM
I love the slap of the drum at the end of Aenema. Gets me everytime

InsolentBystander
01-13-2007, 09:04 AM
i love the ending to Jambi but im with Cid Lateralus is way better

Ditto. Lateralus is the best but Jambi is up there.

mr. nikki jensen
01-13-2007, 10:32 AM
YES!!! I TOTALLY FEEL YA.
This ending kicks my ass EVERY time. Nearly the most intense ending they have.

i agree...

Amazonis
01-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Right In Two is my favorite, Lateralus is great too...

LRonHubbard
01-14-2007, 06:12 AM
lateralus is a great ending
grudge is a great ending..
pushit is a great ending...

maybe we should list the tool songs that dont have a great ending...would save us alot of time

base metal
01-14-2007, 10:19 AM
I love the way Jambi ends. They just get buck wild and then it suddenly stops. It leaves the room in silence and it's great in contrast to the beginning of Wings, kind of the same way that Schism ends and goes into Parabol.

Amazonis
01-14-2007, 07:59 PM
lateralus is a great ending
grudge is a great ending..
pushit is a great ending...

maybe we should list the tool songs that dont have a great ending...would save us alot of time

Aenema
Forty Six and 2
Third Eye

Intolerable
01-18-2007, 09:00 PM

It's an alright ending, but nothing will ever, ever, ever top the ending of Pushit.

(Or to a lesser degree Lateralus or Third Eye)

hushypushy
01-18-2007, 09:37 PM
I never really thought about it, but yeah, Jambi has a good ending. Fits well with the way WFM starts.

I still think Jimmy has the coolest ending, I've thought that for many years now, I just like the way it progresses and of course the ending of the different guitars. Ahh, sexy.

TheJameck
01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Hands down for me the live version of Pushit, gives me chills EVERYTIME.

"It will end no otherrrrr waaaayyy!"

Arkham Asylum
01-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I like the abruptness at the end of "Jambi". It's very tense, as many of you here have said.

rintoot
01-27-2007, 01:41 PM

Reflection is up there as well... if you actually call that an "ending" since it goes into another song..

i agree completely, lateralus and pushit take the cake, id also say jambi and roseta have the best climaxes on 10k days

doubleLloser
01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Hooker with a Penis and Jimmy have suuuuuuperb endings in my book

One Dark Flame
01-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Reflection ends the best IMO That last "Piiiiiine Away" kicks ass!!

LRonHubbard
01-27-2007, 05:14 PM
It's an alright ending, but nothing will ever, ever, ever top the ending of Pushit.

(Or to a lesser degree Lateralus or Third Eye)

how did i forget pushit!!!

OmahaToolFan
01-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Best ending to a Tool song?

In my opinion, especially with the drums, guitar and Maynard screaming, hands down it would have to be:

Ticks & Leeches

Listen to it again, you'll see......

brcy
02-14-2007, 01:43 PM
No, Jambi's up there.

Cheesegreater
02-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Best ending to a Tool song?

In my opinion, especially with the drums, guitar and Maynard screaming, hands down it would have to be:

Ticks & Leeches

Listen to it again, you'll see......

I can't believe you're the first to say that. Ticks and Leeches really fucking drills a hole in your head at the end. It's also comparable to Jambi in that it has that abrupt ending, but as far as "holding back" hell no, Ticks and Leeches is pure climax at the end unlike Jambi. But like it has been said before, I like the holding back from the climax.

Torn-tool
02-15-2007, 01:42 PM
its a great ending...
but not the best in my opinion...
the best one would be Aenima's ending... the drums... the drums

brcy
02-16-2007, 06:19 PM
its a great ending...
but not the best in my opinion...
the best one would be Aenima's ending... the drums... the drums

Yeah, but nothing beats Lipan Conjuring.

DrJones
02-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Jambi is good, I like the ending to Vicarious...something about the insane drums

Rosetta Stoned's i'm gonna end n....no wait, no....k, now ill end...gotta love that keeps you waiting for more

46&2 just punches you in the face with amazingness

Ænima...i feel such anger in the ending there, and yes, the drums

Schism...again, cheers to Danny

Ticks and Leeches...there's really nothing to say there

Lateralus...ride the spiral man

I would agree with whoever said to list the songs with less than amazing endings...twould be a good time saver!

BlanketEffect
02-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Off topic:

I dunno what it is about your avatar, DrJones, but it creeps me out every time I see it. It's like, I get the impression that the guy is a serial killer. Weird.

wearethestories
02-20-2007, 10:08 AM
It's from the TV show "Arrested Development".

Buster (the character) has a parasitic relationship to his mother, Lucille (can't leave her though he's in his thrities) and sexual innuendos are in every episode. Near the end of the show when he keeps trying to be independent, he goes swimming in the ocean and his hand is bitten off by an escaped seal. After getting a prosthetic (the hand), he leaves it at his/his mother's place and finds it later after his mother had used it to pleasure herself [someone correct me if the last part there is wrong... I THINK it's Lucille, but I could be mistaken].

engineer
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
what about hush? love that ending for sure... that and 46 &2

If your going old school here, how about FLOOD??? One of my personal favorites!!!!

BlanketEffect
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Well, not to be cliche', but going old school, then Sober has a vote.

bassmaster
02-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Intermission does. Seriously.
Just think about it for a sec...

Yogi DMT
02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
the best ending to any Tool song ever, IMO, is The Grudge. Maynard's scream for almost 20 seconds and Danny's drum solo are 2 of the most incredible things I've ever heard.

Mattrogesis
03-12-2007, 02:07 PM

You make a worthwhile comment.
Jambi is a miraculous piece of music and emotion.

Cheesegreater
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
the best ending to any Tool song ever, IMO, is The Grudge. Maynard's scream for almost 20 seconds and Danny's drum solo are 2 of the most incredible things I've ever heard.

OVER 20 seconds and the drums really do kick you in the face and those fast ending guitar chords going with the rolls... fucking excellent!

Yahwehaa Hannayaa
03-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Clearly the Grudge mahfahs. I mean..for Christ sake?

RedMetalSox
03-19-2007, 03:06 PM
dave mustain always sings through his teeth. check out sweating bullets...and that song sux.

Theres No Love in Fear
03-26-2007, 07:55 PM
While pretty much all Tool songs (discluding interludes lol) have a good ending, Jambi's definitely up there.

It has a certain "go on without me" kinda ring to it that I like. Then again, its just my opinion. I happen to think Ænema's crazy scrambled ending is pretty kick ass. Nothing really beats Lateralus and Jambi though

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
***, schism has the best ending to a tool song ever

Agreed. Dannys drumming Wow. Kicks your ass everytime. Awesome.

Opiate Son
04-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Wow, i agree with almost every post. Every time i hear another song mentioned i think, yup, that's the best ending. I would say that's a good thing. LONG LIVE TOOL AND THIER GREAT SONG ENDINGS!!!!!!

Exarch
04-08-2007, 03:20 PM
opinion seconded.

im listening to every song mentioned on here and all these endings are bloody brilliant!

Exarch
04-08-2007, 03:24 PM
ive had an idea
weve been going on about endings..
what about beginnings?
i think the best intros are either ticks and leeches with its mad drumming, or stinkfist with the random sound at the very beginning.
by the way, does anyone know how to make that noise with an instrument or is it just computer generated..

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
All of the posts are accurate but im gonna put a vote up for "jimmy" i love the ending with adam and danny and maynards scream it kicks my ass everytime...its awesome in my book...but all the ending that everyone has mentioned are amazing also.

Cheesegreater
04-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Well.. while we're casting votes. One that I've really begun to appreciate lately is the ending of Opiate. I know it's old-school as hell, but the drums and guitar at the end (DA!DA! DUH-NUH DA!DA! DUH-NUH) and (tatatap tatatap tatatap, then BOOMBOOM DABOOM!! BOOMBOOM DABOOM!! then BABABOOM! BABABOOM! BABABOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!) Yeah... that's it exactly!

Like my textual beat-box?

bassmaster
04-10-2007, 10:08 PM
How about segues?

I think the one that has amazed me the most with it's sounds and subtlety would be Disposition-->Reflection. Those drums for-which-I-know-not-their- name sound so unique.

Cheesegreater
04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Disposition isn't a segue. At the very least it's an intro to Reflection. There is a difference in an intro and a segue. I consider Tool's segues to be when they are just fucking with sounds like Mantra.

Opiate Son
04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Jambi is good, I like the ending to Vicarious...something about the insane drums

Rosetta Stoned's i'm gonna end n....no wait, no....k, now ill end...gotta love that keeps you waiting for more

46&2 just punches you in the face with amazingness

Ænima...i feel such anger in the ending there, and yes, the drums

Schism...again, cheers to Danny

Ticks and Leeches...there's really nothing to say there

Lateralus...ride the spiral man

I would agree with whoever said to list the songs with less than amazing endings...twould be a good time saver!

that really sums it up for me.

bassmaster
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Disposition isn't a segue. At the very least it's an intro to Reflection. There is a difference in an intro and a segue. I consider Tool's segues to be when they are just fucking with sounds like Mantra.

I disagree. Disposition is a track all by itself, it just happens to tie in very, very well with Reflection.

What you're describing as a segue is actually an intro - think Useful Idiot--> 46&2 for example, or Intermission-->Jimmy.

Cheesegreater
04-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Intro... Eon Blue Apocalypse=>The Patient

Segue... Mantra because it's just maynard fucking with a sound (his cat). The fact that it is before Schism doesn't really make it an intro in my book.

The track before Jimmy would be an intro cause their is music contributed and the guitar mirrors what was played on the organ.

bassmaster
04-17-2007, 05:15 PM
I agree totally with what you've written there.

Disposition into Reflection is a segue though, at least it is to me, as Disposition by itself works as a complete song. It obviously has been written to flow into Reflection, much like Wings/10k Days being almost one song, although each works by themselves.

Cheesegreater
04-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I see what you mean now.

I think one thing that cemented Disposition as a great introduction is that taptaptaptap on the drums at the very end that leads right into Reflection.

♠Ace♠
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
All the aforementioned songs have great endings. One of my personal favorite endings is Pushit..gotta love him like throwing his voice in a scream and then ending the song with an amazing outro...love it

Pickles The Clown
04-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Does anyone else notice the sound of an engine starting up and reving at the end of this track?

trickma
04-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Jambi rocks and i think it's underrated but in regards to track endings the grudge!! and Ticks and leeches man that shit is brutal!!!!

trickma
04-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Also how could i leave out jerk off?

Jerk off and Ticks&Leeches are the most powerfull ***

ahhnevermind
06-16-2007, 10:38 AM
best ending has gotta be triad. then the grudge.

however, i bet if you go back and listen to the last few seconds of prison sex you'll feel silly for forgetting

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-16-2007, 08:29 PM
engine? what engine? more explaino please

Pickles The Clown
06-18-2007, 06:16 PM
engine? what engine? more explaino please

There is the sound of an engine starting up or reving at the end of this track. It's not easy to hear but its definitely there. I believe it's reving in rhythm.

Arkham Asylum
06-20-2007, 01:02 PM
The drumming at the end of "Jambi" seems to recall the drumming in "jimmy"; they both have that sorta "galloping" rhythm. Check it out, maybe it'll make more sense when you hear it.

Ghostwriter
06-20-2007, 01:24 PM
My favorite part of the song is where it breaks down at 3:56 and Maynard does his cowboy dance.

fatlittleparasite
06-21-2007, 03:56 AM
eulogy

fatlittleparasite
06-21-2007, 03:56 AM
goodbye

junkie
06-22-2007, 07:33 PM
i can't believe anyone even mentioned anything that isn't pushit or third eye...

Petroze
07-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I rate Jambi up there with Schism, Parabola and Forty six and 2, but i like the last minute and a half of Vicarious the best. Lyrically as well as instrumentally.

triad1
08-29-2007, 04:22 PM
im not sure but for me the best ending is in the grudge

Esurient4Truth
08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
the best ending to a tool song is when maynard goes on his PMS and does his once and a while rant and walks off stage.

just kidding. no, seriously (but I hate when he does it).

I'd have to say lateralus

SpeiranVaun
08-30-2007, 05:57 AM
im not sure but for me the best ending is in the grudge

agreed.

I cum in my pants every time I hear the ending to that song.

Eulogy33
09-14-2007, 07:59 PM
it IS a pretty kickass ending.

theamazingtool
04-09-2008, 07:35 PM
uh how about jerk-off anyone? i only noticed one person briefly mention it. jerk-off, like any of opiate had such an overall raw sound, unlike any of their later stuff. maynard goes NUTS at the end, ending with that classic one-liner. and i am not talking about the later sinced edited version. but the "shoot You IN YOUR FUCKIN HEAD!!!

Angel on the Sideline
04-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Third Eye.

Schema
04-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Aenema
Forty Six and 2
Third Eye

Kill yourself.

eulogy

Would be better if the final scream of "goodbye" was all the way at the tail end of the song. Such that the intruments cut out before he finished.

theamazingtool
05-04-2008, 02:22 PM
i actually could do without the "goodbye". think it sounds cheezy(if it is indeed possible for TOOL to sound cheesey)

blindfold_off
05-06-2008, 07:57 PM
The drumming in Jambi fucking rocks. I don't know why but lately I've been paying more attention to the drumming when listening to music.

Angel on the Sideline
05-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Danny's drumming is so amazing that you can't help but pay attention to it ...

meshuggahj
05-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Jambi's conclusion is good, but Pushit's conclusion is absolutely sublime.

♠Ace♠
06-12-2008, 09:21 PM
^^Agreed

Medicea Sidera
06-12-2008, 11:18 PM
And what about the ending of Parabola, amzing IMO, but Pushit ending is probably the best one.

Schema
07-28-2008, 08:15 AM
i actually could do without the "goodbye". think it sounds cheezy(if it is indeed possible for TOOL to sound cheesey)

Of course it's possible.

However, I revel in cheesiness! So I say, "bring on more cheese!"

What? I really like the taste of cheese. Stop laughing!

Yast3r
07-29-2008, 01:52 PM
"pushit"'s always had a deep personal meaning for me, so i'd have to go with that one. still leaves me breathless.

Relatability is no excuse for not dusting your house. If you dusted the place every now and then you may come to find that your breathing improves.

Master_Of_Nothing
07-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Pushit for sure

but i reckon Parabola is better
And ummmm...Eon Blue Apocalypse.
Don't ask why

Schema
07-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I swiffer every fucking day, fuck you. :p

Then maybe we should find something else to blame. L. Ron Hubbard?

Inner_Eulogy
07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
I swiffer every fucking day, fuck you. :p

Yes, but are you gellin' like a felon?

toolrox19
07-30-2008, 01:50 PM
im going to agree with a lot of people on here and say pushit from salivial

to me, when i hear the whole song my mind goes blank,

like most tool songs, i rather not think about songs much when i listen to them or else i forget to do the listening, i cant walk and chew gum at the same time, but this song is like im meditating i have nothing on my mind the song just diggs its way in and then one it ends i stay blank for time after, if someone says something to me i reply but have no idea what im talking about its just a great state of mind it puts me in

Master_Of_Nothing
08-01-2008, 09:08 PM
What, the state of retardation? lol had to do that one.

toolrox19
08-02-2008, 01:25 PM
What, the state of retardation? lol had to do that one.

haha it was funny, i would have done it if you wrote what i did

$avage
08-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Third Eye
Pushit (Either version to be honest)
Lateralus
46 & 2
H.

In that order.

Master_Of_Nothing
08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Third Eye doesn't make the cut.

Sober....Now thats a good one.

hessshaun
08-15-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree it is easily top 5. I think the end is the main reason they opened with this song on the last tour. Good stuff.

theamazingtool
08-16-2008, 05:19 PM
...then wouldnt they end the night with it?

Master_Of_Nothing
08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Nah, you end the night with something awe inspiring, like 10k days, or Pushit

Alex in Chains
08-19-2008, 08:22 PM
The Tool catalog comprises many good closers, but they can still do no better than "Ænema."

theamazingtool
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Nah, you end the night with something awe inspiring, like 10k days, or Pushit

i have no idea about the Aenima tour, or anytime they played pushit for that matter. but the setlist i heard lthem play during the 10,000 tour(which i'm sure is nearly identical to the entire tour) had wings for marie/10,000 days somewhere around the middle, ending the night with vicarious. ...which kicked serious ass as a closer and to see live

Master_Of_Nothing
08-20-2008, 02:11 PM
It would leave you excited about it all.
I gotta see them live one day.

hessshaun
08-22-2008, 08:43 AM
...then wouldnt they end the night with it?

Valid point and I would not mind them ending it with that at all. My thinking is that it is the kind of song that ends so that you want to hear more. Natural progression in my mind.

All in all, it's fucking tool so you always want to hear more no matter how the song ends.

Master_Of_Nothing
08-22-2008, 04:03 PM
^
That sounds like an addiction bro, go try out the thirteen step plan

TypeO
10-03-2008, 05:44 AM
Hooker with a Penis and Jimmy have suuuuuuperb endings in my book

Also how could i leave out jerk off?

uh how about jerk-off anyone? i only noticed one person briefly mention it. jerk-off, like any of opiate had such an overall raw sound, unlike any of their later stuff. maynard goes NUTS at the end, ending with that classic one-liner. and i am not talking about the later sinced edited version. but the "shoot You IN YOUR FUCKIN HEAD!!!

First post here FWIW.

For me, Tool's endings are what have set them apart from most bands.
I hate fade-outs.
That being said, and from the posts I've quoted, I imagine you've probably already surmised that I think Jerk-Off and Hooker With a Penis are by far the most intense endings.

For me, the best part of Jambi starts around 2:50 and for the next 1:30 I'm euphoric.
The "Damn my eyes" part puts me over the edge.

Edit to add: sorry for the bump, but hey, I've had some pretty good bumps in my day.

theamazingtool
10-03-2008, 07:49 AM
First post here FWIW.

For me, Tool's endings are what have set them apart from most bands.
I hate fade-outs.
That being said, and from the posts I've quoted, I imagine you've probably already surmised that I think Jerk-Off and Hooker With a Penis are by far the most intense endings.

For me, the best part of Jambi starts around 2:50 and for the next 1:30 I'm euphoric.
The "Damn my eyes" part puts me over the edge.

Edit to add: sorry for the bump, but hey, I've had some pretty good bumps in my day.

FWIW? english please...

i loove the fade out in Triad, although this is probably not really the same as what your referring to. Hooker's ending aint much, IMO. as far as the most intense, Jerk-Off is definetely right there with Pushit. i dont think theres much arguing that...

edit to add: you confuse the fuck out of me man

TypeO
10-03-2008, 08:35 AM
FWIW? english please...

i loove the fade out in Triad, although this is probably not really the same as what your referring to. Hooker's ending aint much, IMO. as far as the most intense, Jerk-Off is definetely right there with Pushit. i dont think theres much arguing that...

edit to add: you confuse the fuck out of me man

#1 - FWIW = for what it's worth. pretty standard forum crap, much like the IMO you used.

#2 - As for confusing you, I have to assume you're referring to my "bump" apologies. I'm new here - some forums I've been to get freakishly bent out of shape when you bump a week or older thread, others couldn't give a shit. No way for me to know on my first post, so I offered apologies just in case. The rest (I've had some good bumps...) was an old drug reference.

If you're still confused, I don't think it's got anything to do with me.

theamazingtool
10-03-2008, 08:50 AM
ahh, yes the bumps. that did confuse me. as far as people getting out of shape over it, i dont. inner eulogy will, hes some geezer around here who makes a lot of threats and picks on "noobs". make sure to watch out for him. the good bumps, haha, i did pick that one up...

just busting your balls inner, dont get bent out of shape

TypeO
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
ahh, yes the bumps. that did confuse me. as far as people getting out of shape over it, i dont. inner eulogy will, hes some geezer around here who makes a lot of threats and picks on "noobs". make sure to watch out for him. the good bumps, haha, i did pick that one up...

ahhh, well I'm a confirmed geezer myself.
Grew up on Led Zeppelin, turned on to Tool when Undertow came out.
In fact, it's my contention that Tool is one of the only bands to achieve the same level of superiority as Zeppelin, along with probably Metallica in the 80s.
I think Tool shares some of the same traits that made Zeppelin the greatest of their time:
Probably the greatest drummer since Bonham.
Incredible lyrics, often with a mystical quality delivered with extreme passion.
Overall a group of hyper-talented individuals who have a clear vision of their collective identity.

Did I mention I like listening to Tool? lolo

Inner_Eulogy
10-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I've had some pretty good bumps in my day.

You might want to get that checked out man

Inner_Eulogy
10-03-2008, 09:59 AM

Whatever dude, I'm only 30...far from a geezer. And I don't pick on n00bs, I pick on stupid people.

gonzo
10-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Damn my eyes...
I might as well be gone...
Then that fucking guitar sound. At three and half minutes.
Shine on...
Good ending. Yes, perhaps my favorite.
And yes, the drumming kicks' ass.

gonzo
10-03-2008, 02:47 PM
ahhh, well I'm a confirmed geezer myself.
Grew up on Led Zeppelin, turned on to Tool when Undertow came out.
In fact, it's my contention that Tool is one of the only bands to achieve the same level of superiority as Zeppelin, along with probably Metallica in the 80s.
I think Tool shares some of the same traits that made Zeppelin the greatest of their time:
Probably the greatest drummer since Bonham.
Incredible lyrics, often with a mystical quality delivered with extreme passion.
Overall a group of hyper-talented individuals who have a clear vision of their collective identity.

Did I mention I like listening to Tool? lolo

Buddy Rich. He's the man.
All the drummers out there bow down to Buddy.
Even now that he's dead and gone.

gonzo
10-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Whatever dude, I'm only 30...far from a geezer. And I don't pick on n00bs, I pick on stupid people.

Carry on, brother.
I enjoy your posts. They keep us all honest.
Eh. Because water always babbles to rock.
Insouciant little fuckers!
By the way, today I'm twenty-seven going on eleven.
Pretty soon I'll be back to sucking my thumb and pissing the bed, so what.
Women like us fierce invalids home from hot climates.
Nurse. It's time for my sponge bath.

Master_Of_Nothing
10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
If you do 50km (roughly 35 miles) per hour on a motorway, you're old. Or you need a better car.

Apart from that, its all good. Old people are alright. Its the ancients that annoy me.

gonzo
10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Better car, better stereo, and more open roads.
At a smooth rate of 65 miles per hour.
I got all the music I need.

Master_Of_Nothing
10-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Uh huh. Word of advice, don't make this forum your life.

Dr. Dobbs
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Dude Third Eye live is so much better than Jambi. I just saw them both live in NOLA. But, both are fucking amAZING.

05-15-2011, 02:47 PM

This.

But I love Jambi's ending and it's probably my favorite ending to any song off this whole album (but Right in Two's always gives me the chills)

lotus.
05-15-2011, 02:57 PM
This.

But I love Jambi's ending and it's probably my favorite ending to any song off this whole album (but Right in Two's always gives me the chills)

a former member here use to use that description for every tool song lool

06-05-2011, 10:54 PM
a former member here use to use that description for every tool song lool

Hahaha well I can't say that surprises me. Tool's music is very chilling!