PDA

View Full Version : amazing/inspiring/favourite

D/R/T
04-12-2003, 06:18 AM
whats ur most amazing/inspiring/favourite part on the whole album? e.g. as in a part in a song....mine? has to be the scream in grudge,

lets see how many differenet answers we can get, eh?

aeonblue
04-12-2003, 12:20 PM
-that amazing guitar riff that starts at about 3.52 in The Grudge... it makes me shiver every time I hear it.
-the "between supposed lovers" part on Schism. I always close my eyes when that part comes and enjoy it...
-all the screams on Ticks & Leeches, they're so... delicious. (eg. "suck and SUCK...", the long "suck" at 1.30, "black and BLUE".... and so on)
-the chorus of Lateralus

PearlForum
04-12-2003, 01:28 PM
1. The drum fills danny does beginning at 3:43 of 'The Grudge'
2. At 3:45 on 'Eulogy' when the distortion comes in.
3. Hooker with a Penis when Maynard screams Fuck You buddy and then the riff they play after that.

Mark D
04-12-2003, 07:13 PM
In Ticks and Leeches, when the music slows down for a while, then starts up again. I love it.

D/R/T
04-12-2003, 09:20 PM
jeebus, i meant one!!! thats the whole point of the thread!!! see how many different ones we can get....also its meant to hard to pick!!

Mark D
04-13-2003, 03:50 AM
Hey I picked only one.

yllwcrystlstr
04-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by PearlForum
1. The drum fills danny does beginning at 3:43 of 'The Grudge'
2. At 3:45 on 'Eulogy' when the distortion comes in.
3. Hooker with a Penis when Maynard screams Fuck You buddy and then the riff they play after that.

the end of Reflection
but that part in Eulogy is GREAT too, if you can isolate that part of the track so it sounds a lot heavier

eulogy508
04-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Well, thanks D/R/T for starting this thread, because it's probably the most interesting one I've seen in a long long time. (Okay okay, I registered in March, but...)

to try and narrow it down:

-The solo on Hooker with a Penis
-The part on jimmy where maynard sings "hold your light...."
-The climatic end on Lateralus
and
-Every second of Parabola!!!

FlamingEye
04-13-2003, 10:29 AM
aenima= the part on jimmy that goes :
"Hold your light. Eleven lead me through each gentle step by step by inch by loaded memoery. I'll move to heal as soon as pain allows so we can reunite and both move on together. Hold your light eleven. Lead me through each gentle step by step by inch by loaded memory 'till one and one eleven so glow child glow." that part is so beautiful.

Lateralus= probably the beginning of The Grudge

Salival= in No Quarter when he first starts to sing in that low voice then he goes from that to "locked in a place where no one goes"

Undertow= in Prison sex the whole verse that goes " I'm treding water, i need to sleep a while, my lamb and martyr, you look so precious.........................."

D/R/T
04-13-2003, 06:29 PM
thanks euology508, i thought people would find it hard to pick one song....much less a small part...heheh....and one more from me:

the first chorus of H., where Maynard sings 'Lying to...' or sumthing...

keep going..

LeeDawg456
04-14-2003, 05:20 AM
wow everyone seems to find the grudge the most inspiring from Lateralus....personally i like the guitars near the end of The Patient, the second time he sings "if there were no rewards to reap..."

aenima - guitar solo from stinkfist...its got to be the most relaxing thing ive ever heard. ever more relaxing than listening to some whale sex. otherwise, the end of 46&2 is amazing on so many levels.

aeonblue
04-19-2003, 09:17 AM
"Glow, child, glow" on jimmy
(damn, I borrowed my Ænima to a friend of mine, I would like to hear jimmy now...)

4th Eye
04-19-2003, 09:47 AM
On Lateralus: Danny's drumming in the end of The Grudge and the "let go, let go..."-part.

All of Tool's albums: Everything in Third Eye between the two "prying open my third eye"-parts. And this is actually of any songs by any artist...

Last~Spiral
04-20-2003, 07:49 PM
at 5:21 to 6:15 in the Patient just seems to amaze me every time i listen to it. I am in a band and we are really good but I don't see how we could ever write something that sounds just so perfect and full. It period of guitar and vocals just amazes me...does anybody feel the same?

Jerk-Off
04-20-2003, 09:06 PM
so good to see you.... ive missed you so much...

Flying Column
04-21-2003, 05:04 AM
Has to be 'Flood'. That is a seriously unique song in every sense. When I saw Tool live, they opened with it and just watching Justin hammer away at the bass was incredible.

Quetzocoatl
04-24-2003, 05:37 PM
There are so many on Lateralus alone....

-The part of the Grudge after the big scream when Maynard builds up the "let go"s and the band is throbbing around him and everything just rises and rises till Maynard really does "let go" and Danny flips out on the drums.
-Schism "Between supposed lovers"... that moment is pure bliss, its like a univeral truth has been revealed.
-the transition between Parabol and Parabola is just so powerful and earth shattering
-Ticks and Leaches, when the quiet bit is shattered and the song comes to a furious climax.
-Lateralus- "With my feet upon the ground..."
-when Triad moves into its second "act" you can feel the tension built up by Adam's screeching solo being released (I think of Triad in three movements plus the climax at the end where elements of all three parts come together)

Almost every song on Aenima has an awesome climax, so I won't list them all. On Undertow, the only parts that really get we going are the part of Intolerance where Maynard repeats "lie cheat and steal" over and over and Adam makes that cool guitar noise (I think thats guitar), and when Disgustipated gets all industrial. Oh, I almost forgot the screeching climax of Sober.

Wataru
04-24-2003, 08:18 PM
My favorite Tool moment (chosen quickly, because if I think about it, I'll end up with a dillemma) has to be the repeating line in 'The Patient':

I must keep reminding myself of this.

I've always been deeply affected by 'The Patient' because it relates to me so well. I have a girlfriend in Japan, who I found on the internet over a year ago, and I will meet her for the first time in a year. Waiting for her is hard, groans of tedium escape me frequently. But I believe there's rewards to reap, and a loving embrace (although not physical embrace, due to 5000 mile separation) to see me through. And I must keep reminding myself of this because if I don't I would surely end up walking away.

P.S. The line is in Iambic Pentameter.

SadSummerSea
04-24-2003, 09:46 PM
OK OK OK.

I've always tried to explain this part to my friends.
but none of them knew exactly what I was talking about..

Just at the beginning of Reflection.. shortly after the bouncing ball sequence, the first indication of bass in the middle of Danny's second repetition. Just a few sharp licks. It always leaves me breathless.

RedRum
04-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Lateralus: Reflection: It's calling me...
Salival: No Quarter: It's gettin' colder...
Aenima: Pushit/Third Eye: If I say I might fade like a sigh...
So good to see you once again...
Undertow: Prison Sex: I have found some kind of...
Opiate: Jerk-Off: Shoot you in your fucking head!!!

This is just off the top of my brain, if I sat down and thought about it there'd be so many I'd get confused and have to give up...as it is I can't pick between Third Eye and Pushit. It's impossible.

reign3
04-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Oooh so many. Hard to choose.

-The whole interlude part in Schism and then when he comes out with "between supposed lovers"
-The part in Reflection where Adam and Justin stop and Maynard says "Then in my darkest moment, feeble and weakened"
-In T&L after the interlude when they come back with that wall of sound. It made me jump like the first 20 times I heard it

TheInsideSource
04-30-2003, 04:12 AM
My favourite part on a Tool song, easy...

At 2:20 in The Patient, where the whole direction of the song changes, mindblowing.