PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Made the Recipe?

Necronomicon
11-23-2002, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm just curious if anyone's ever made the recipe in the lryics.

It seems like it could be mighty tasty, but I never really bothered to make it.

manifestcontent
11-26-2002, 06:33 AM
yes, i've made the recipe. i was very curious one day after translating the lyrics and i made it. it is of course a recipe for sugar cookies with turkish hash and no eggs. no it is not tasty. there are no eggs for god sakes. note: i did not add turkish hash.

soul_excursion
11-26-2002, 09:25 AM
i made the recipe once.. it was actually really funny how it happened. my friend used to live in an apartment in Queens and his neighbor on his floor was this really cool German guy who was a flight attendant. Anyway, we were hanging out and this guy had a really cool House CD he picked up in Europe with a moving cover like on aenima... my friend runs next door to his place to get his aenima cd to show it to his friend and something clicks in my mind "this guy speaks german!!!" So I play die eier von satan (which at the time we thought was some kind of nazi rally) and my friend's neighbor listens to it and says it's a recipe.. "for what, pot brownies?" i ask laughing and he says "no, hash cookies" anyway 3 years later I had printed out the tool lyrics and was sitting around my place with nothing to do one saturday so decided to try making them... of course I didn't have any turkish hash, but I did have some 'other stuff' and I used way more than a knife tip... I used to get a quarter of this stuff with purple hairs and crystals on it every month and since I only used it on the weekends, every time I got a new bag I had a lot of shake left, but this shake was no ordinary shake, it was mostly crystals... I must have had about an eighth of this 'shake' left and used it all in the eyes of satan recipe. I screwed up though because I greased the cookie tray (I was afraid they would stick) and the 'eyes' flattened out into disks in the oven. they tasted allright (I like choclate chip cookies better) and I ate only one and licked the extra batter and got completely fucked up to the point that I thought that I was tripping... It was like Fear and Loathing in New York City... they take about an hour or two to hit you then, SHAZZAM!!! my friends showed up and we were suppossed to get some rolls for that night, but they fell through so I offered them some cookies and they ate one each (they saw how fucked up I was) and they didn't feel anything, so they ate another and another and another... then I get a phone call that the Eagle has landed and we end up get our rolls anyway... needless to say, we were all completely trashed.

manifestcontent
11-27-2002, 06:01 AM
Maynard would be proud. i'm surprised your friends didn't O.D. or something. so does anyone know the significance behind the song? i'm really not sure. since it sounds like Hitler rallying maybe it has something to do with the influence of political leaders and how we are just part of their fucked up recipe of destruction. ??????? thoughts?

interpretation
11-30-2002, 11:09 AM
O.D. on an eighth of pot? I'm not sure thats possible, no matter how you consume it...if it is possible than I'm in some trouble

anyways, if you're gonna make it, at least use some form of hash oreven bud, because otherwise the entire process is completely meaningless. anyone could give you recipe for cookies, but TOOL wanted to give you a recipe for special cookies

interpretation
11-30-2002, 11:14 AM
and on the idea of politics intertwined with recipes, its my personal opinion that this was just to throw people off for a while, wondering what the hell was going through their speakers...when it first came out, people thought the german was being shouted by maynard himself (weird), lotsa people thought it had to do with Nazis (just goes to show an American's morale towards the Germans), and all kinds of shit no one could prove. That is until some kid made his local German exchange student sit down and translate it word for word. TOOL seem to have a thing for messing with people's heads, what with fake news and all...I think this was just another way of having fun at their fans' expense (it really hurt me a lot).

Kostia
12-01-2002, 05:30 PM
Sooo... what's the difference between Turkish hash and hash-hash? Or is Turkish hash a Maynard-logism?

Sorry folks but I dunno anything about drugs except what my friend Jimmy tells me. :)

Mark D
12-05-2002, 12:41 PM
i dont thin this is about Germans really. I think its just a cool way to get people to think. I mean it sounds evil, but its just a recipe. A good lesson on not judging a book on its cover.

ShackledEidolon
12-05-2002, 01:53 PM
maybe its a reference to the views the general public has of some recreational drugs. On the surface this song elicits fear and negative thoughts and people instantly think its evil. In reality its just a food that includes a drug but people will become agitated and denounce it immediatly because of the drug.

On a larger scale its about reacting to things without knowing what it is that you are really reacting to. They did a great job. It could be that people that blindly follow religions without finding its meaning are doing themselves an injustice. It can be that people that hold onto any viewpoint without researching all angles of it or even questioning it are doomed to be mistaken and foolish.

Even the name causes people to assume its evil...but if you look into it you find out its far from angry, far from violent, far from hateful, its really just a recipe.

Brilliant

xSaveXmondaYx
01-19-2003, 12:09 AM
maybe after you eat the cookies you listen to third eye and get all freaked out

Convoy_X
01-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Realy I think its saying the Satan has on balls.

Andy
02-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Kostia
Sooo... what's the difference between Turkish hash and hash-hash? Or is Turkish hash a Maynard-logism?

Sorry folks but I dunno anything about drugs except what my friend Jimmy tells me. :)

Turkish Hash is just Hash that was grown in Turkey. Just one of the varietys of Hash really. Others include:

Asian Hash
Morrocon Hash
Nederhash (Holland)
Nepalese Hash

specofdust
02-16-2003, 04:37 PM
I was at a mates today and we were talking about Die Eier Von Satan. We were joking about wondering whether it ht recipe would work. As we had had a party the night before i had some hash on me so we decided to make them. We did mess up the recipe a bit, but we got them cooked. We then played a game of pool while we waited for them to cool and for another tool fan-friend of ours to come along to the house we were in. They tasted great, i didnt use any vanilla suger though, i just put a few splashes of the liquid essence stuff in. About 30 minutes later we were sitting in my mates bedroom listening to Tool and feeling toally high. We did put some hash in(unfortuneatly it was argintinian but im gonna try it with some turkish) so they not only tasted wonderfull, looked great(they were golden) but they had a really nice effect. These are definately worth trying.

sircorn
03-04-2003, 01:21 PM
hmmmmm did you say the magic words?

Just wondering. :P

The song to me was a way of messing with the general public's head. Sorta how emenim rights all those songs about killing his g/f. Its not meant to piss you off necessarily, but just to invoke a reaction from you.

(well maybe piss off the people who don't truely appreciate this band for what it is.)

sircorn
03-05-2003, 12:23 PM
whoa,
found this in another thread.

"Die Eier Von Satan," featuring an angry German voice spouting a recipe
for Mexican wedding cookies.

http://toolshed.down.net/articles/text/rolling.nov.96.html

Soaky
03-31-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by manifestcontent
yes, i've made the recipe. i was very curious one day after translating the lyrics and i made it. it is of course a recipe for sugar cookies with turkish hash and no eggs. no it is not tasty. there are no eggs for god sakes. note: i did not add turkish hash.

YOu needed the turkish hash!!!! Jeezus Kryst! How could you not have turkish hash mixed with the recipe? that is the whole recipe! I've tried it with the hash and I think that they are mighty tasty. Either that I was really high and couldn't feel my sense of taste...

HardRocker25
06-26-2003, 04:23 PM
This may be a stupid question, but what is Turkish Hash...or Hash in general?

conical johnson
07-17-2003, 07:09 PM
whoa,
found this in another thread.

"Die Eier Von Satan," featuring an angry German voice spouting a recipe
for Mexican wedding cookies.

http://toolshed.down.net/articles/text/rolling.nov.96.html

Could that article be more factually erroneous?

This may be a stupid question, but what is Turkish Hash...or Hash in general?

Hash is short for hashish. It's semi-solid part of the marijuana plant, and is a lot more potent than the bud. Turkish, as you could probably guess, means "from Turkey".

NeWorlDamage
08-01-2003, 06:00 PM
i dont thin this is about Germans really. I think its just a cool way to get people to think. I mean it sounds evil, but its just a recipe. A good lesson on not judging a book on its cover.

yes i diffenently agree with that cus when i first heard it i thought it was some missed up chanting or some sort of Nazi rally but when i read the translation it only turned out to be a recipie so yea i think Maynard was teaching us a lesson about that

Cylith
11-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Realy I think its saying the Satan has on balls.

What?! Maybe I'm just plain dumb, but I don't know what you're saying here...

Pyrophoric_yeti
11-14-2003, 04:37 PM
i think he mean satan has no balls, i dont know why there is a the before satan tho possibly that but the and that are pretty far away from each other so its no typo.

"Realy I think its saying THAT satin has NO balls"

Thas what i think he means but im not sure how he is backing these acusations up.

Essex
11-18-2003, 07:33 AM

I've made this point several times in the past on this forum, and I agree with you. This song serves as a lesson not to jump to conclussions, don't make judgements when you are ignorant to the true meaning of somethig, and always think about context.

anna
11-19-2003, 02:23 AM
i think he mean satan has no balls, i dont know why there is a the before satan tho possibly that but the and that are pretty far away from each other so its no typo.

"Realy I think its saying THAT satin has NO balls"

Thas what i think he means but im not sure how he is backing these acusations up.

this is where i think he is getting it from:

the title of the song translates to "the eggs of satan", and in german, 'eggs' is a euphemism/slang for testicles, like how in english 'nuts' and 'balls' are slang for testicles. so the song title could also be translated to 'the balls of satan' or, satan's balls. So maybe he translated it wrong and thought the song title was 'satan has no balls', but with the typos its hard to tell ;)

imtheism
11-19-2003, 08:12 PM
buddy of mine made them once for a school project. No hash, and a little bit of extra sugar and some vanilla extract. They were fuckin bomb.

umbilicalchemist
01-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Try it with turkish hashish
and extra cocaine as powder sugar
if you say the magic words then
satan appears and shows u his balls..

Stalkz
02-18-2004, 04:57 AM

What the hell's the point in hash cookies if you dont put the fucking hash in?

AllforUnity
02-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Well it's not too easy to get it in Texas.

Stalkz
02-19-2004, 01:32 PM
So buy some buds and find out how to make it.

Metamorphosis
03-14-2004, 06:07 PM
why does the speaker emphasise "and no eggs!". what the hell does he have against eggs!!! @@ just curious...

africanherbsman
03-21-2004, 06:43 AM
why does the speaker emphasise "and no eggs!". what the hell does he have against eggs!!! @@ just curious...

The recipe does not call for eggs, so the speaker is saying no eggs are needed to make the cookies

fortysixand2
03-21-2004, 10:49 AM
perhaps we could talk to the girl scouts and convince them that their "brownies" and cookies would taste so much better if they added a few extra ingredients...

I think the benefits of giving little girls money to grown and prosper to realize they are strong women far outweigh the evils of everyone in america being stoned and seeing satan himself.. dangling his balls above their chin.

I don't know why, but that made me just about fall out of my chair.

DistortedxUnity
03-24-2004, 08:17 AM
yes i diffenently agree with that cus when i first heard it i thought it was some missed up chanting or some sort of Nazi rally but when i read the translation it only turned out to be a recipie so yea i think Maynard was teaching us a lesson about that

I think it shows the utter uselessness of language.

DistortedxUnity

vile temptress
03-24-2004, 10:01 AM

I think it has to do with the satan having no balls thing, eggs are a euphamism for testicles.

Sandoz
03-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Once and for all :

YOU CAN'T MAKE CAKES WITHOUT EGGS.

Hash or no hash, cookies, brownies, whatever. That's the whole point of the song.

AllforUnity
03-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Actually you can substitute egg for plain milk.

Luna Galapogos
03-30-2004, 10:10 AM
This song got me interested in German, I love the language. I think that this song was a bad way to use the language though. I think we were supposed to be sheep to this song until someone finally found out what the translation was. IT'S ABOUT HITLER!!!!!!!

AllforUnity
03-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Hitler was a cookie?

Sandoz
04-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Hitler fucked my cookie.

AllforUnity
04-09-2004, 03:06 PM
l like cookies.

Sahaya the Dude
07-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Maynard would be proud. i'm surprised your friends didn't O.D. or something. so does anyone know the significance behind the song? i'm really not sure. since it sounds like Hitler rallying maybe it has something to do with the influence of political leaders and how we are just part of their fucked up recipe of destruction. ??????? thoughts?

pot can not kill you. sure it can give you cancer which can kill you, but, no matter how much pot you smoke or eat, you won't die from it. Well, this is assuming you don't die of suffocation from sitting in a room filled with smoke, or from filling your stomach up to your neck with weed.

I think the song is sorta like what you say. All he is doing is saying a simple recipe but he's got the crowd going nuts. I think it's pointing out how everyone are sheep and we eat into all political leaders plan

Sahaya the Dude
08-24-2004, 02:25 PM

Sahaya the Dude
08-24-2004, 02:27 PM
i made the recipe once.. it was actually really funny how it happened. my friend used to live in an apartment in Queens and his neighbor on his floor was this really cool German guy who was a flight attendant. Anyway, we were hanging out and this guy had a really cool House CD he picked up in Europe with a moving cover like on aenima... my friend runs next door to his place to get his aenima cd to show it to his friend and something clicks in my mind "this guy speaks german!!!" So I play die eier von satan (which at the time we thought was some kind of nazi rally) and my friend's neighbor listens to it and says it's a recipe.. "for what, pot brownies?" i ask laughing and he says "no, hash cookies" anyway 3 years later I had printed out the tool lyrics and was sitting around my place with nothing to do one saturday so decided to try making them... of course I didn't have any turkish hash, but I did have some 'other stuff' and I used way more than a knife tip... I used to get a quarter of this stuff with purple hairs and crystals on it every month and since I only used it on the weekends, every time I got a new bag I had a lot of shake left, but this shake was no ordinary shake, it was mostly crystals... I must have had about an eighth of this 'shake' left and used it all in the eyes of satan recipe. I screwed up though because I greased the cookie tray (I was afraid they would stick) and the 'eyes' flattened out into disks in the oven. they tasted allright (I like choclate chip cookies better) and I ate only one and licked the extra batter and got completely fucked up to the point that I thought that I was tripping... It was like Fear and Loathing in New York City... they take about an hour or two to hit you then, SHAZZAM!!! my friends showed up and we were suppossed to get some rolls for that night, but they fell through so I offered them some cookies and they ate one each (they saw how fucked up I was) and they didn't feel anything, so they ate another and another and another... then I get a phone call that the Eagle has landed and we end up get our rolls anyway... needless to say, we were all completely trashed.

you are full of shit unless you cooked the cookies at like 100 Fahrenheit. The reason why you are supposed to use Hash is because it burns at a higher temperature. THC burns at a lower temerature and will all be evaporated while being cooked.

So why are you posting that it got you high? I don't get it, why would you lie? Lying is not cool, never be something you aren't. Quit making yourself out to be someone you aren't.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to point you in the right direction to self acceptance =p

Later!