PDA

View Full Version : can someone please tell me what a lateralus is?

forty6n2
04-11-2003, 08:57 PM
ive heard its a muscle or ligament in your leg or something along those lines...can someone that knows for a fact what lateralus is explain it to me?

Lachrymologist
04-11-2003, 11:02 PM
The lateralus is a muscle, but in your back, it is what you work when you do the "lat pull-down" excercises.

Chris_Brightwell
04-11-2003, 11:42 PM
from http://toolshed.down.net/faq/faq.htmlJ1. What in the world is a "Lateralus" ?

In an interview with Aggro Active (May 2001), Maynard offered this answer: "Lateralus itself is actually a muscle and although the title does have something to do with the muscle, it's more about lateral thinking and how the only way to really evolve as an artist -- or as a human, I think -- is to start trying to think outside of the lines and push your boundaries. Kind of take yourself where you haven't been and put yourself in different shoes; all of those cliches."
It is almost Latin for "to the side." To what muscle specifically he is referring is not yet known, though there are apparently two leg muscles whose names include the word.

Next time, read the FAQ first.

--
Chris Brightwell // moderator

Valkyrie
04-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Next time, read the FAQ first.

--
Chris Brightwell // moderator [/B]

I <3 teh Chris

mne pohuy
04-17-2003, 05:59 PM
whoever said that the lateralus is the muscle worked during "lat-pull downs" is a moron. the muscles used are LATISSIMUS DORSI not lateralus. i got a good idea, kno what your say before you say it.

reign3
04-17-2003, 07:49 PM
you're all wrong. lateralus is an icelandic cupcake

George Bush Sr.
04-17-2003, 07:52 PM
It's those things you put on your leg wrists to hold your socks up.

forty6n2
04-19-2003, 09:27 PM
right after i wrote that i thought of looking in the FAQ and found it, thanks tho u guys

numb...
04-20-2003, 05:02 PM
I always thought lateralus was a latin equivialent to the theorys of longitude latitude etc.... i was sure,

cainecrawford
04-21-2003, 08:37 PM
The lateralus is the single muscle that transforms us from walking like a chimp to walking like a human. An evolutionary process. I once and still do believe gravity has a major role in our walking upright. Think about it. Gravity pushes down on us. So naturally our muscles retract and fight against it when we are younger. Straighten ourselves becomes secong nature. Since we store this in our DNA it gradually preceeds itself overtime and we become upright.

venusdatura
04-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Vastus lateralus is the muscle on the leg...it goes along with Vastus medialis......yeah you got it one means on the outer side and one means in the middle, both are on the leg, quads to be exact....Lateral in anatomy is always away from the middle...just an FYI...I always love this discussion....

merkaba52+2
04-23-2003, 12:24 AM
um yeah that all i have to say i think that Chris_Brightwell
was the closest but if i am mistaken some where in science i have come across lateralus as meaning up, down, side to side, back and forth all at once.