PDA

View Full Version : relationships

ben101
11-23-2002, 08:08 PM
For me, Sober inspires thoughts of pretty much every relationship ive had. In particular the second verse. The idea of someone who, almost without control, will attatch to you and lead u to empathising and sympathising and consequentially, attatching and connecting, only to break away and in turn, walk away. Leaving you hollow and empty, nursing a depressing and gaping void. The phrase "I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well...." and what follows, for me anyway, seems very relevant. Its like they cant stop themselves, they act on lonliness or some type of weakness or insecurity, and pull you in with them. In the end, they turn out to be so selfish and hypocritcal..."i want what i want" they break you and walk away seemingly without remorse, only to do the same thing to someone else. Your novelty wears off and suddenly all their promises and statements are worthless, along with the effort you put into the relationship. What seems so crazy in these situations, is the person doing this to you, earns your trust by telling you how theyve been treated this way...only they end up doing it to you!

Those crazy kids...

Its like H in way. The person is going to tear you apart, yet you cant see it coming or have the resolve to leave, because you have reached that point where your feelings now seen so justified. Even though the person will "find a center in you, i will chew it up and leave" it still seems noble and fitting that you push on, even in the face of ignorance and being treated poorly. Sadly this seems such a common trend at least where im from. The addiction of attatching to someone and feeding off them emotionally, then once the novely has worn off, leave and find a new host.

So there you go.

Delirus
11-25-2002, 11:18 PM
i see your point and agree to an extent. Ive read what the sond is supossibly is about but really think there must be more to it. for me its always been a song of immence meloncoly, pain, sadness like hes begging to be sober so they can see theings the way they really are. begging for things to be different. feeling traped by sercomstances.

bmeason
11-27-2002, 12:48 AM
I have connected with this song by viewing it not to wishing they could be sober, but to loving it when they are not sober.

When you are at a point with all your walls broken down and just yourself, you can connect and not trap and use means to ruin others. Be expressive and completely open is what drugs do to a lot of people. The same with sleep, just off in a perfect situation, not having the real world (sobriety) shape your responses and life.

-Bryan Meason