PDA

View Full Version : so, does anyone know wtf this song is about??

undertoes
05-27-2006, 08:37 PM
well bitches anyone have clue? Is it about "shittin the bed","krispy Keme", the one"?wtf someone fetch me a bone

IC
05-27-2006, 09:03 PM
well bitches anyone have clue? Is it about "shittin the bed","krispy Keme", the one"?wtf someone fetch me a bone
whoa dude, read a little.

I know the story, but its been written so many times; just look a thread or two down. I just dig the whole 'No one will ever believe you, you'll always be alone' kind of vibe from it.

Nate-Dogg85
05-28-2006, 08:05 AM
its about a man going mad while under the influence ofLSD after meeting an alien guide who tells him hes the one to deliver a message about armageddon. You couldnt get that out of the song? have you read the lyrics?

sweatyturtle19
05-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah, this song is about a person who had a LSD trip or something, but didn't know what the hell they were getting into. Essentially, all of the insights they could have gained were lost because they chose to abuse the drug rather than use it responsibly. At least that's what I get from it.

"Can't remember what they said to me..."

AtomHeartMother
06-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Exactly! How come turtle and me are the only ones who got this meaning from the song? Its really important that we understand the message in Rosetta Stoned.

JJunkhead
06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
It seems more about a psychotic experience in general whether drug induced or not - the only possible LSD reference is "Deadhead Chemistry" AKA the Grateful Dead. Aside from that one reference everything else is clasical psychotic episode

whitewater
06-03-2006, 05:08 AM
It seems more about a psychotic experience in general whether drug induced or not - the only possible LSD reference is "Deadhead Chemistry" AKA the Grateful Dead. Aside from that one reference everything else is clasical psychotic episode

"The blotter got right on top of me
Got me seeing E mother fuckin T"

Definite reference to an acid trip.

JJunkhead
06-03-2006, 06:58 AM
"The blotter got right on top of me
Got me seeing E mother fuckin T"

Definite reference to an acid trip.

If they are the lyrics I'll coincide.

I've listened to it about 30 times and have just started to read the lyrics on-line. Listening to it any less before going on-line would be like reading the end of the book first, or skipping the book and going straight to the movie version

Still, I think it is about a psychotic episode regardless of how the guy got there

choleric
06-03-2006, 10:30 AM
To me the "shit the bed" part doesn't seem to be literal but more of a saying, "Way to fuck up again." when talking to himself.

savelints8
06-03-2006, 12:20 PM
LK has this guy in a hospital overdosing on some sort of hallucinogenic drug. No one seems to know what is wrong with him.

In RS, the guy recalls what happened to him (or so he thinks): He was visited by aliens who told him that he was the "chosen one" and he had to deliver a message to mankind. He, however, forgets this message, and stresses over it to everyone. He is overwhelmed at the fact that he was chosen to deliver this message, and he forgot it.

RS is full of Tool's dark sense of humor- the chosen one never graduated from high school; he rambles on not knowing what "somniferous" means; the references to Krispy Kremes, Birkenstocks, Uncle Martin; he forgot his pen; etc.

The point of this song? Don't use drugs. If you do, always carry a pen.