PDA

View Full Version : Face in the smoke

fnshmetal
05-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Has anyone else noticed the face in the smoke of maynard's picture? Its right above the forearm of the woman in back looking down on her. I don't know if its just a coincidence or not but its still interesting.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/iancgi-Tool.jpg

flawlessme
05-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Well! Now that you've pointed it out, I definitely see something there. An old man with a white moustache. Good find!

win
05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Has anyone else noticed the face in the smoke of maynard's picture? Its right above the forearm of the woman in back looking down on her. I don't know if its just a coincidence or not but its still interesting.
hmm iti s something but I don't know if it is necessarily a face

Dolophane
05-27-2006, 01:13 PM
My dad had said something about an old man in Maynard's picture - but I had no idea what he was talking about. I still don't really see anything...maybe something vaguely face-shaped?

SomethingSpecial
05-27-2006, 02:24 PM
I still don't see it

fnshmetal
05-27-2006, 03:05 PM
I centered in on what looks like a head and shoulders of a man. Look at it in the album its much better quality.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/iancgi-Tool.jpg

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-27-2006, 03:29 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm trying and trying and tying to see a man but i just can't. maybe i am trying to hard.

Scobularni
05-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Nope, i can see what you're getting at but I reckon it's just the natural smoke formations. Like seeng things in clouds etc.

chaos_one666
05-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Nope, i can see what you're getting at but I reckon it's just the natural smoke formations. Like seeng things in clouds etc.

i tend to agree. looks like it's just smoke to me...

Kev1326
05-27-2006, 09:47 PM
You could probably see anything when looking at the pictures in the book on LSD.

flawlessme
05-28-2006, 09:14 AM
There is something clearly there. See it without the lenses, its easily visible.

MacFoley
05-28-2006, 11:22 AM
looks like an eye to me.

khemystri
05-28-2006, 04:31 PM
nope

Gnome_Chomsky
05-28-2006, 06:29 PM
I think you guys are overanalyzing this whole thing.

troublefunk
05-28-2006, 08:57 PM
I think you guys are overanalyzing this whole thing.

Sounds like a good title for the whole opinion section of the website, with "this whole thing." being the band TOOL.

M.Luther
05-28-2006, 09:32 PM
sorry i dont see anything except a wisp of smoke thats shaded differently then the smoke around it.

M.Luther
05-28-2006, 09:33 PM
My dad had said something about an old man in Maynard's picture - but I had no idea what he was talking about. I still don't really see anything...maybe something vaguely face-shaped?

i think maybe your dad was talking about maynard himself

toocooltool
05-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Interesting find.

influenza
05-29-2006, 02:07 AM
i once saw a clowd that looked like the the air jordan logo

ATARI
05-29-2006, 09:32 AM
I see what appears to be a large nose.

Gnome_Chomsky
05-29-2006, 01:25 PM
I see smoke. In the smoke are the words "this is just smoke, nothing else, the longer you look for somthing here the more youll rationalize that there is somthing when, in reality, it's just some smoke."

Gnome_Chomsky
05-29-2006, 01:26 PM
its actually a message, a message of hope to those who choose to hear it, and a warning to those with too much time on their hands.

jtb
05-29-2006, 01:58 PM
If you look at the book it becomes really obvious (just look at the right picture alone in good line really close). Its a man, and you can see his shoulders. It is not a mistake, it looks way too real to just be smoke formations.

Tachyon
05-29-2006, 02:30 PM
I cant see that Hilbert-guy in the picture but I must note that the bandmembers are wearing similar clothes like the math-guy especially Maynard..

?

YURAKAPTIV
05-29-2006, 02:57 PM
could be a modified pic of Maynards mom.She's looking over his shoulder.

Gnome_Chomsky
05-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Take the picture thats here and outline the thing in paint. I'm still not seeing it, probably because its not there.

littlejason
05-29-2006, 04:54 PM
I see a skull.
Anyone else?

funny. i see a lot of skulls all through out the damned booklet.

chalk_line
05-29-2006, 05:39 PM
i see smoke too, oh wait.. im supposed to see a face, nope sorry

fnshmetal
05-29-2006, 08:35 PM
there is a reason why i told u guys to look in the book

Tachyon
05-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Which book??

TiVa
05-30-2006, 11:54 AM
i can't believe that some people actually believe themself what they are saying... it's just COINCIDENCE!!! never looked at the sky and played the game: say what you see??? my freind saw sometimes the wierdest things in clouds, just the same with the smoke... not try to convice other people what you see in smoke/clouds, it really isn't there

i can see a face too, but another face like the one you're pounting out, i see that all the smoke above the woman is a head, and i mean ALL the smoke, not a part, the nose starts in the middle of her arm 2 eyes to the left, the head has no hair and no mouth, but i see a moustach... but don't bother looking to see the same thing, cuz that's just WHAT I SEE IN THE SMOKE, not what you shall see... its what psychologist do when they show you that ink thing and let you tell what you see...

it's like listening to a song, if you heared something wrong on an album (i don't speak english normally) i keep singing it the wrong way, even if i know it's different, but i just keep hearing it, it's all i your head

i'm pretty sure if you see anything in the smoke its NOT meant to be... just coincidence... if there's a puzzle (if there is) than it has to be something with the objects of other things... besides, nobody ever thought about looking at the spiral things that you don't have to see with the glasses?

so please don't try to convince people that there's a head, i'm sure you'll see it, and if you tell other people they will see too sometimes, just because they expect it to be there...

Rosette feasted
05-30-2006, 12:41 PM
I believe to see a skull
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3671/iancgitool1ci.jpg

fnshmetal
05-30-2006, 03:05 PM
you re looking in the wrong place

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/iancgi-Tool.jpg

I'm not saying I believe it was intentionally put there or not but when tool says there is a puzzle in their album artwork I think every little detail is fair game. There is a reason its called a puzzle. Yet some of you here flame us for over analyzing it.

All this arrogance has no place in a tool forum you act the exact opposite of what tool preaches. The music and art is left to be interpreted by the individual. Think for yourself and stop flaming people for discussing their experiences.

Aux
05-31-2006, 10:42 AM
It looks like the dude from the pringles can.

Gizmo
06-03-2006, 08:24 PM
i see ET...

æmoeba•°·.
06-03-2006, 09:14 PM
lol haha you guys are all wrong...Rosette Feasted is the closest, but there is no skull. If you look for yourselves at the picture on the actual cd case, you will see a faint eye right above the right forearm of the lady in the back and above the "baby"ish looking cloud right above her forearem. Then if you look to the left, just left of the very tip of the building in the backround, there will be another eye, just barely being hidden by the curten as well. So, in the back, there is a face covered with smoke with two eye holes with the face being enlargened, i would imagine.

NOTE: you have to look through the eye pieces to magnify this, but it's as clear as day once you see it.

Jett
06-04-2006, 01:44 AM
wow you people have entirely too much time on your hands.

Jimmeny
06-04-2006, 03:53 AM
I don't get how some people can believe there are hidden pictures in the smoke, but totally reject the idea that the riffs in the album are similar to previous stuff.

STORMCROW1031
06-04-2006, 12:54 PM
THANK ALL OF YOU SO MUCH! I'm gonna go look at it now! But you've all made me laugh so hard!! This is beautiful!! Comic relief after battling with submachine which is a bit like .... (pardon me) trying to catch smoke!!
No insult or injury intended...I wanna find Waldo and the guy from the Pringles can, and i'm gonna look til i find them!!

Lupin
06-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I'd wager that the people who see this said face are of Mexican descent.

fnshmetal
06-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Half the people on this forum don't even know what tool is truly about and the proof is all over this thread. Its sad really, I came to this forums looking for intellectual conversation with people who respect and understand the band on the same level as I do. Yet I come to find more monkeys building clubs.

STORMCROW1031
06-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Half the people on this forum don't even know what tool is truly about and the proof is all over this thread. Its sad really, I came to this forums looking for intellectual conversation with people who respect and understand the band on the same level as I do. Yet I come to find more monkeys building clubs.

You have no proof of any kind. Because people are not seeing a face in the smoke does not mean they are idiots. Lighten up! No one is attacking you. I stared at that picture for a long time and didn't see it, that doesn't remove all the years of thinking and trying to understand I have lived. YOU are the one building a club, the rest of us are enjoying a good time. This is FUN!! don't get hurt feelings! Please!
I wouldn't call you an idiot for seeing it, because I have no way a proving to you that it isn't there!! Okay?
People are going to disagree with you on forums like this - its okay... but you know what ... you got us looking!!

Dolophane
06-05-2006, 01:39 PM
wow you people have entirely too much time on your hands.
I would be very happy if this phrase were never allowed to be used again. I don't even know what face these people are talking about but for God's sake, how long does it take to notice something? Two...maybe five seconds? And how long does it take to make a post, a couple minutes if you want plenty of detail? This is having too much time on your hands? I mean, good gravy - maybe you yourself could stand to put a little more time into your responses and come up with something original that hasn't already been said roughly ten billion times.

I believe a Bill Hicks quote is in order here:
"It's not funny, it's not clever; it's stupid, it's repetitive. Why the fuck would you continue to [say] that?"

I apologize for the momentary derailment of the topic, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

æmoeba•°·.
06-05-2006, 05:03 PM
lol, this isn't illusion though, there are two eye's in the backround...i even did a close up on my computer.