PDA

View Full Version : Epiphany!!

Darkness13
05-27-2006, 09:08 AM
So... If Wings/TTD is about Maynard's mother dying...

Do you think it's coincidence that in "Message to Harry Manback" the guy says, "I hope someone in your family dies soon"? I was just listening to my Aenima CD and was like, "WHOA!"

Tell me what you think on this matter...

Cucumber_11
05-27-2006, 09:39 AM
I think Maynards mother was pretty much going to die some day, from what I've heard she lived way beyond her expectancy. Interesting though after thinking about it, it's a bit strange for Maynard to put MTHM on the album since one of his family members was incredibly ill and could possibly die soon. Seems a little, harsh.

She stayed in there for another 7 years though, so what ever voodo the guy leaving the message did was very slow acting.

MisterMudd
05-27-2006, 11:52 AM
So... If Wings/TTD is about Maynard's mother dying...

Do you think it's coincidence that in "Message to Harry Manback" the guy says, "I hope someone in your family dies soon"? I was just listening to my Aenima CD and was like, "WHOA!"

Tell me what you think on this matter...

Message to Harry Manback was a message to that guy from Green Jelly (can't remember his name). So I don't think there is any relation.

Nizzem
05-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Message to Harry Manback was a message to that guy from Green Jelly (can't remember his name). So I don't think there is any relation.

"The song "Message To Harry Manback" on Tool's Ænima album was a real message left on Gary Helsinger's (Hotsy Menshot) answering machine by a friend of a friend from Italy who was stealing his roommate's belongings. "Harry Manback" is a reference to Green Jello's Gary Helsingers more-than-ample back hair. Bill and Gary were once roommates with Maynard James Keenan and Danny Carey."

Darkness13
05-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Well, the guy also mentions that he knows black magic... And if that was a real message, then do you think he preformed black magic on Maynard's mom? Or, for better peace-of-mind, do you think Maynard linked Harry Manback to WFM? The latter theory sounds really farfetched, but it could be possible... Hell, maybe Maynard's mom really isn't dead as everyone thinks... He could've just done the song to help make an album...

I'm starting to sound like one of those people who read's Naional Enquirer too much...

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Cucumber's post at first... That answered some questions... Or I restated some of her ideas... Sorry...

LetGoLetgoLetGo
06-04-2006, 07:11 PM
People die every day. Bill Hicks says so.

Gnome_Chomsky
06-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Non smoker and smoker alike.

Randall
06-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Santa and Jesus are real because the church says they are.........

Darkness13
06-05-2006, 05:55 AM
"The song "Message To Harry Manback" on Tool's Ænima album was a real message left on Gary Helsinger's (Hotsy Menshot) answering machine by a friend of a friend from Italy who was stealing his roommate's belongings. "Harry Manback" is a reference to Green Jello's Gary Helsingers more-than-ample back hair. Bill and Gary were once roommates with Maynard James Keenan and Danny Carey."

So... What exactly does this have to do with anything? And why does it matter if it's the guy from Green Jello? Sorry if this is a retarded question...

mike09
06-05-2006, 06:27 AM
So... What exactly does this have to do with anything? And why does it matter if it's the guy from Green Jello? Sorry if this is a retarded question...

are you serious?

Darkness13
06-06-2006, 05:15 PM
are you serious?

Yes, I am... Sorry for being so ignorant on the subject... I never really get into the details of a band, I usually just leave it at the music... Tool is the only band that I know of two of the member's names, actually...

renegade46n2
06-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Geez. Come on people. Ænima came out ten years ago and I'm sure the original message goes back even further. And as was previously stated, it wasn't even meant for Maynard or anyone else in the band. There doesn't have to be a connection for everything.

orangedarkblue
06-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Everything is connected to everything. Just search long enough and you will find a connection. The e's in this post are all the same e, and this has a significance. On a certain level. The word level can be spelt backwards. This also is meaningful. Perhaps _not_ finding connections between what is said and played on TOOL albums requires a bigger effort, and is therefore more meaningful. But then again, that wouldn't be fun now, would it?

deuceman
06-07-2006, 03:13 AM
Yes, I am... Sorry for being so ignorant on the subject... I never really get into the details of a band, I usually just leave it at the music... Tool is the only band that I know of two of the member's names, actually...

Noob....Go and read the fucking FAQ.....it has everything to do with the song, and Green Jello, et al.....it was a joke message left by some Italian freak to a guy in Green Jello, who at the time (I believe) lived next door to MJK and Adam Jones. They all used to hang out together, obviously.

This has NOTHING to do with black magic (unless they're very dark mushrooms) or Maynard's mother.

Okay, you can close this thread now.

paraflux
06-07-2006, 06:24 AM
deuce, that was unwarranted.

It has something to do with black magic if you would like for it to.

Darkness13
06-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Holy shit, deuce, hold on to your vagina, would ya? If you wanted this thread to close you shouldn't have even posted... Fuck... At least I'm not a forum noob...

Okay, so if this WAS a prank joke, why do you think Maynard even put it on the CD? I mean, like Cucumber said a few posts up, Maynard's mom was "in the fire"... Assuming Maynard's 10,000 Days is a close estimate, that means she had been dying for 20-some years. If AEnima came out ten years ago, this means that Maynard knew all too well that his mom was dying. Do you think that he just accepted that she was going to die? Cuz, I know that if someone reminded me (even as a joke) that my mom was gonna die, I would be pissed... Even more so, I wouldn't publish it on something that everyone and their brother has access to... It'd be like a constant reminder...

smeefsmeef
06-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Santa and Jesus are real because the church says they are.........

Santa is Satan in disguise.

æmoeba•°·.
06-07-2006, 09:32 PM
lol...

Darkness13
06-09-2006, 06:51 PM

Heh.. I'm so gonna use that...

deuceman
06-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Holy shit, deuce, hold on to your vagina, would ya? If you wanted this thread to close you shouldn't have even posted... Fuck... At least I'm not a forum noob...

Okay, so if this WAS a prank joke, why do you think Maynard even put it on the CD? I mean, like Cucumber said a few posts up, Maynard's mom was "in the fire"... Assuming Maynard's 10,000 Days is a close estimate, that means she had been dying for 20-some years. If AEnima came out ten years ago, this means that Maynard knew all too well that his mom was dying. Do you think that he just accepted that she was going to die? Cuz, I know that if someone reminded me (even as a joke) that my mom was gonna die, I would be pissed... Even more so, I wouldn't publish it on something that everyone and their brother has access to... It'd be like a constant reminder...

My apologies. That was unwarranted and a bit of an over-reaction.

I know what you're trying to say in creating a connection between his mother and Message To Harry Manback, I just don't think there is ANY connection between the two. Putting a message like that on Aenima if it was with regard to his mother would be the height of disrespect, and I don't think a person who holds their mother in such high regard would ever do that.

littlejason
06-16-2006, 02:48 AM
People die every day. Bill Hicks says so.

i love hicks as much as the next guy, but lets face it...the man who created Goat Boy isnt exactly 100% reliable.

just jokin' with ya. I just wanted to reference Goat Boy.

hellenkellerkarate
06-18-2006, 08:51 PM
aenima-1996
maynard's mom's death-2003

soon? no.

mr. nikki jensen
06-19-2006, 07:09 AM
can't see a connection. sorry

Vondruke
06-20-2006, 02:52 PM

In the context of what you are talking about, it's irrelevant as to whether it was a prank or completely serious.

The message was to Harry Manback (Green Jelly dude), NOT Maynard so the 'link' between the two songs makes no sense in the first place. Aside from all the other reasons.

Sagacious Foetu
06-20-2006, 07:05 PM
probably harry manback