PDA

View Full Version : 3:20-3:40...Can you sing it?

lemonlateralus
05-27-2006, 07:03 AM
In the last few days some of the most interesting threads have arisen whereby people have been attempting the vocals for "Vicarious","10,000 Days",and "The Pot".
Having witnessed the great attempts to these songs I thought I would try to set a challenge...namely singing the vocals from 3:20-3:40.
I'm interested because I have so far been unable to lower the note on the word "...worthy".
So,Have fun and have a go... :)

lemonlateralus
05-28-2006, 04:25 AM
Anyone?

resonance.
05-28-2006, 06:10 AM
I'll give this song a shot once everyone wakes up.

lemonlateralus
05-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Oh...I forgot that most of you here are from USA :P

resonance.
05-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Actually, I'm not gonna bother learning the words.

Systolic
05-28-2006, 03:17 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Wings-for-marie-at-320

There ya go.

MoreTool
05-28-2006, 06:16 PM
http://media.putfile.com/wings-marie

i try it

Bloody
05-28-2006, 06:18 PM
I will one of these days. my mic plug doesn't fit. I'll have to take a trip to radioshack

lemonlateralus
05-29-2006, 04:10 AM
Well Done all! I guess he is a better singer than most people think. The notes he reaches after all :)

Case Closed!

formerlycontent
05-29-2006, 08:14 AM
i just noticed this thread, i will give a listen to the current posts, and if i am better, you will see my effort up here tomorrow ;)

lemonlateralus
05-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Okie dokie...never thought I'd say that :P

absolethe
05-30-2006, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't disagree that MJK is a better singer than he's often given credit for, but range does not make a good singer. Range is an asset to a good singer.

Randall
05-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Quit ruining the "Wings" songs please, the horrid sounds coming from your mouth.....instant suicide to the ears. Another thread like this and ill "Spiral Out" and then continue that phrase.......

Systolic
06-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Quit ruining the "Wings" songs please, the horrid sounds coming from your mouth.....instant suicide to the ears. Another thread like this and ill "Spiral Out" and then continue that phrase.......

Alright you fucking idiot. Just shut up. You haven't been around here long enough to be telling anyone to quit doing anything.

I swear to God I hate all of these fucking n00bs who joined just because of 10000 Days.... 99% of them = idiots.

Randall
06-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Alright you fucking idiot. Just shut up. You haven't been around here long enough to be telling anyone to quit doing anything.

I swear to God I hate all of these fucking n00bs who joined just because of 10000 Days.... 99% of them = idiots.

"n00bs".............

The only idiot here is one who fucks up a beautiful song, so take your shit voice and die, And yes i did have a life before, unknowing of toolnavy.com, still a tool fan like any other. Then i realized here at toolnavy.com i can ruin people's lives, i can make fun and offend at any tolerance i want.........But then i decided it was just my subconcious fucking with me.......What am I doing?.........Should i say you sing perfect? or "Nice Try" or "Keep it up". Hell no because it wasn't nice, and i want it to stop, not gonna sit here while you fuck up the cd, you sharing every song that you can wreck with your voice that has lyrics in it.

P.s. Im glad you believe in god, May your christian faith take you to the far sides of the world....................I however will sit at my computer endlessly watching the screen, for you to post your adventures, and down your shitty voice.......

Love
----Randall xoxo

Randall
06-01-2006, 01:16 PM
P.s.s.........I listened again, and i Cut my ears off.........

Sincerely
~~~Randall xoxo

Systolic
06-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Look - while I may not sound like Maynard, I know that I don't have a bad voice. Im a vocal music major with 2 vocal scholarships.... Im not a rock singer, but I do love to sing, even if my timbre doesnt fit the style. I was only demonstrating that you can indeed hit that low note. You're not wanted here. I promise. Go over the Recycle Bin with your kind of attitude and see how long it take before you're put in your place... I just happen to be one of the nicer "real" members on this forum.

EDIT - Its P.P.S., moron.

Randall
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Look - while I may not sound like Maynard, I know that I don't have a bad voice. Im a vocal music major with 2 vocal scholarships.... Im not a rock singer, but I do love to sing, even if my timbre doesnt fit the style. I was only demonstrating that you can indeed hit that low note. You're not wanted here. I promise. Go over the Recycle Bin with your kind of attitude and see how long it take before you're put in your place... I just happen to be one of the nicer "real" members on this forum.

Seriously, i laughed at that, no lye, or maybe its lie, cant figure it out b/c i guess im a "moron" says the guy on the tool forums. Look at my shiny trophy mommy, do you love me now? do you? You only demonstrated to me that your terrible at singing, or even trying. I heard some of them but yours stuck out, such a horrid thing coming from some ones mouth. Only reason id waste time typing here, just so i can make up a witty comeback so you can respond. Nah, recycle bin is for the trash that made this thread and posted themselves singing. So you leave mister " I have more posts than you". I love how you quoted "real" are you referring to me as fake, a bot, incapable to thinking for myself. Your right, I am.

<3 Randall "the bot" xoxoxo

P.s. <3<3

P.P.S <<<<<< <3<3<3<3

P.P.P.S.S.S>.../. did i get that right?.......write me back.......

theprosperone
06-01-2006, 07:28 PM

Dude, it sounded horrible. No offense meantl but what does it matter if you can hit the notes if it sounds bad?

Dredg
06-01-2006, 07:29 PM
In the last few days some of the most interesting threads have arisen whereby people have been attempting the vocals for "Vicarious","10,000 Days",and "The Pot".
Having witnessed the great attempts to these songs I thought I would try to set a challenge...namely singing the vocals from 3:20-3:40.
I'm interested because I have so far been unable to lower the note on the word "...worthy".

no, nobody can fucking sing it thats why I fucking paid 10 bucks to buy this album you jerk off.

Randall
06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Awww.....he didnt write back........:(

Randall
06-01-2006, 07:52 PM
And i got some troops, who support the idea, lets start a reigme* and kill a race, Black, jews, Whites, your choice.

smeefsmeef
06-01-2006, 11:33 PM

I joiined simply because I couldn't see the 10,000 Days forum unless I became a member of TDN. Tool has been the biggest musical/philosophical influence on my life for about 15 years. That's a fact. I don't think that makes me an idiot. I guess I DID join because of 10000 Days because I couldn't read the current forum unless I became a member....

...Blame Kabir...

lemonlateralus
06-02-2006, 04:15 AM
Look here...I started this thread as a way for people to express their love of challenging singing. It doesn't matter if someone cant sing exactly the same as maynard and that wasn't the point in the first place. I would personally like to thank Systolic for doing his best and think that you lot who accuse are just bullies.

facelessDrone
06-02-2006, 06:55 AM
If you don't want to hear people's horrible renditions of the vocals in this song, then why are you in this thread? Really. Why come in here and shit all over everyone's cornflakes? It's as simple as not reading the thread, not clicking the mp3 links, and certainly not making a post about it.

Randall
06-02-2006, 07:17 AM
If you don't want to hear people's horrible renditions of the vocals in this song, then why are you in this thread? Really. Why come in here and shit all over everyone's cornflakes? It's as simple as not reading the thread, not clicking the mp3 links, and certainly not making a post about it.

Curiosity fucked my brain, and mp3s bled my ears, force should stop thiss..........

facelessDrone
06-02-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm just amused at the irony of willingly going into a thread devoted to shitty recordings of random Tool fans singing into their computer mics, willingly listening to the MP3s, and then stating with shock and surprise "OMFG YOUR VOICE SUCKS, DIE IN A FIRE."

Honestly. If you were expecting anything more than an ear-bleeding experience out of this thread, it's your own fault.

Systolic
06-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Yeah, but I'll vouch for the other people too, no one in this thread has been awful. When I hear all of these recordings of people I try and take into consideration that more than likely

1) They havent had any kind of proper vocal warmup or exercise prveiously
and
2) They are just using a mic, nothing else. The quality isn't going to be amazing, and straight recordings often alter the solidification of pitches.... I guarantee that everyone on this forum who has sung sounds a LOT better in person.

facelessDrone
06-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh, I'm certainly not assuming that no one here can sing worth a damn. It's just that to expect anything listenable out of this thread is folly, because A) they're only using computer mics, and B) well...it's not entirely unlikely for someone with a bad voice to post an attempt ;) You should expect the worst, so that hearing something that actually doesn't sound bad will be a pleasant surprise. Like clicking on the thread saying "Heh, this should be amusing," and then possibly "hey, this one actually sounds decent."

Systolic
06-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Well yeah Ive heard a few bad ones, but just for the record, I havent been satisfied with any of the recordings I have posted... A recording just doesnt capture the same as a live performance of any kind, and I know that if you heard me in person you wouldn't think that I sounded bad. I'm waaay too involved in vocal stuff in college (major ensembles, chamber choirs, opera, etc.) to not have merit in my vocal ability. Damn recordings just don't do me justice.

The_Flood
06-02-2006, 11:00 AM
I had a good laugh reading this thread.

Randall
06-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm just amused at the irony of willingly going into a thread devoted to shitty recordings of random Tool fans singing into their computer mics, willingly listening to the MP3s, and then stating with shock and surprise "OMFG YOUR VOICE SUCKS, DIE IN A FIRE."

Honestly. If you were expecting anything more than an ear-bleeding experience out of this thread, it's your own fault.

Didn't expect anything from this thread, and i never said "OMFG YOUR VOICE SUCKS, DIE IN A FIRE". dont know where you got that .............. and it just wrecks the emotion in the song to sing it and then post it for EVERYONE to hear.......not exactly my fault, haven't seen an eye lately.........

Randall
06-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I had a good laugh reading this thread.

Thats good.....

Siruka
06-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Didn't expect anything from this thread, and i never said "OMFG YOUR VOICE SUCKS, DIE IN A FIRE". dont know where you got that .............. and it just wrecks the emotion in the song to sing it and then post it for EVERYONE to hear.......not exactly my fault, haven't seen an eye lately.........

I don't understand why you're being such an ass. Did you have a bad day?

You don't have to listen to people's singing. No one and nothing is forcing you to click the link, save for your own curiousity. If it's so bad, you shouldn't be blasting the people on the forums for it. Rather, you should be kicking YOURSELF in the teeth for being belligerent enough to get so upset over a recording (that you voluntarily listened to) that you shot off a flame post and made yourself look like a moron.

I don't understand people like you, through what I feel is no fault of my own. Though I know I could be wrong. Tell me if I'm getting warm.

rogerdoger
06-02-2006, 09:07 PM
You both sound really bored.... not meaning any offense.

Randall
06-03-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't understand why you're being such an ass. Did you have a bad day?

You don't have to listen to people's singing. No one and nothing is forcing you to click the link, save for your own curiousity. If it's so bad, you shouldn't be blasting the people on the forums for it. Rather, you should be kicking YOURSELF in the teeth for being belligerent enough to get so upset over a recording (that you voluntarily listened to) that you shot off a flame post and made yourself look like a moron.

I don't understand people like you, through what I feel is no fault of my own. Though I know I could be wrong. Tell me if I'm getting warm.

Your on fire. Not aloud to get angered, alright let me write that down.........k, anything else, like me to stop smoking pot to, ?, just let me know will do it......oh yeah kick in teeth, when i can get foot high enough i will try, thanks for your input...........Have a "rang" day........

P.s. Not exactly a moron,

Randall
06-03-2006, 08:55 AM
You both sound really bored.... not meaning any offense.

Your right......

Systolic
06-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Your on fire. Not aloud to get angered, alright let me write that down.........k, anything else, like me to stop smoking pot to, ?, just let me know will do it......oh yeah kick in teeth, when i can get foot high enough i will try, thanks for your input...........Have a "rang" day........

P.s. Not exactly a moron,

Oh okay... you're a pothead. That explains a lot of things, but now I feel sympathy for your utter worthlessness.

mon-go-lloyd
06-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Well yeah Ive heard a few bad ones, but just for the record, I havent been satisfied with any of the recordings I have posted... A recording just doesnt capture the same as a live performance of any kind, and I know that if you heard me in person you wouldn't think that I sounded bad. I'm waaay too involved in vocal stuff in college (major ensembles, chamber choirs, opera, etc.) to not have merit in my vocal ability. Damn recordings just don't do me justice.

Shut your fucking mouth just for once about your merits. It's funny, a man with THE MERITS THAT YOU HAVE ought to be able to fucking sing the correct vocal-melody, but no. This is in response to your attempt at WFM. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying it's the wrong melody and more often than not, you're not in tune.
Now, shut up with the fucking "I have all this education" crap. Most trained vocalists can't do shit, but sing other composers music. I can bet my ass, that you can't write one good composition. Now....SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND GAIN SOME CONFIDENCE THROUGH ANOTHER MEDIUM.

whitewater
06-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Shut your fucking mouth just for once about your merits. It's funny, a man with THE MERITS THAT YOU HAVE ought to be able to fucking sing the correct vocal-melody, but no. This is in response to your attempt at WFM. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying it's the wrong melody and more often than not, you're not in tune.
Now, shut up with the fucking "I have all this education" crap. Most trained vocalists can't do shit, but sing other composers music. I can bet my ass, that you can't write one good composition. Now....SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND GAIN SOME CONFIDENCE THROUGH ANOTHER MEDIUM.

Well, that's not a very mature attitude you have.

[on topic]Systolic didn't sound bad. His voice doesn't have the same texture as Maynards, but maynard's a unique singer. Besides, there wasn't even any music to go with it for flavor.

*shrugs* just my uneducated opinion.

mon-go-lloyd
06-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Well, that's not a very mature attitude you have.

[on topic]Systolic didn't sound bad. His voice doesn't have the same texture as Maynards, but maynard's a unique singer. Besides, there wasn't even any music to go with it for flavor.

*shrugs* just my uneducated opinion.

No, he didn't sound bad. But he has this "I know more than you do because I have merits" mentality. And I'm sick of reading post after post about him rambling on about his knowledge in Vocal-training etc...

And there were music to support his voice. In the background...

Randall
06-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Oh okay... you're a pothead. That explains a lot of things, but now I feel sympathy for your utter worthlessness.

heh......

Systolic
06-03-2006, 06:02 PM
No, he didn't sound bad. But he has this "I know more than you do because I have merits" mentality. And I'm sick of reading post after post about him rambling on about his knowledge in Vocal-training etc...

And there were music to support his voice. In the background...

Just fyi- the original thread creator asked if anyone could sing the low note, so I sang the low vocal part. At times the melody and the lower harmonization match up, but a lot of the time the lower part stays on a static note. I never said I was singing the melody.

Cemetery Shindig
06-05-2006, 07:57 AM

You should think about switching majors...

macfreak
06-05-2006, 04:01 PM
lol

Randall
06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
God i wish i was high...........

rinia
06-12-2006, 11:42 PM
You know... a bit of producing and background music makes all the difference in the world. The recordings of maynard you hear aren't recorded on microphones implanted in computer monitors, nor are they raw.

ohgeetee
06-21-2006, 02:40 PM
You know... a bit of producing and background music makes all the difference in the world. The recordings of maynard you hear aren't recorded on microphones implanted in computer monitors, nor are they raw.

MJK sounds just as good in live performances, sometimes I'd wager better. This thread was funny.

Kill2BirdsW/1RosettaSTONE
07-02-2006, 12:17 PM

You are such a loser.

swedishpizza
07-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Most trained vocalists can't do shit, but sing other composers music. M.

I don't agree with that whatsoever. Axel Rose has had a load of vocal training, and Astrid van der Veen from Ambeon has had voice training since she was 10 years old. Both these singers have passion and create their own wonderful melodies.

It's like saying you can't play guitar with soul because you got lessons.

astaroth
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
I can do it and i'm only 15!!!

implandnoises
07-12-2006, 06:54 AM
"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"

implandnoises
07-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Oh man, I am funny.

I am so funny, my alter ego is laughing at me.

lordrob
07-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Your all a bunch of nasty retards.. Though I think down syndrome children have more of a heart & soul than any of you! Like.. who gives a flying franga if he sounded a little off, at least he had the balls to take a shot and post it on the net haha
For those concerned, Maynard’s a baritone-light tenor not as good as Patton but he definitely has more heart and soul I feel anyways. I’d really like to know what Devin townsends range is!? That mans a genius!!

martyrinexile86
07-31-2006, 10:58 AM
I'd like to see your attempt, shit stain. They did pretty good considering who they were up against. So unless you can somehow best their attempts to any considerable degree, do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

eleventh minute
08-01-2006, 10:19 AM
well..hopefully MJK doesnt ponder over to this thread..he might say "fuck it" all together and we'd never get another album. stop making baby jesus cry!

psims23
08-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Man, since when did Tool fans become so fackin agressive

eleventh minute
08-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Man, since when did Tool fans become so fackin agressive

agression is caused by lack of sex...i say we all just have an orgy.