PDA

View Full Version : You Musta Been High

tbrent21
05-26-2006, 03:03 AM
In so much of this song he seems to be addressing Dubya, with the references to fucking hypocrite, so full of it, the house of cards (the case for going to war), the muddy waters/bloody waters imagery (Katrina/Iraq), foot in mouth (WMDs), head up ass (democracy will thrive in Iraq), difficult to dance around this one until you pull it out (see for example, news articles yesterday about Blair and Bush discussing plan for Iraq "pullout"), tossing your stones around (showing how macho you are, love that line). So capable of killing innocents along with the enemy in Iraq, "Who are you to wave your finger" at those responsible for deaths of innocent civilians on 9/11? There's alot there which have led many here to the Dubya interpretation. (I know that some are going to respond here that the supposed "ganja police" line transposes everything here into a "war on drugs" song somehow, so I'm obviously retarded, right?).

So we get the sense that Tool is unhappy with what's going on in the White House, but implicit in the phrase "you musta been high" seems to be the notion that "you would not have done what you did had you had your wits about you."

Based on how harsh Maynard's been toward Bush in recent interviews, I don't think they're giving Bush that much credit.

So for this line, isn't he in large part addressing the populace who re-elected Bush?

drange
05-26-2006, 04:56 AM
I think this goes for more Americans than just Junior Bush.

swampyfool
05-26-2006, 05:56 AM
I think this goes for more Americans than just Junior Bush.
Yeah, me too. Especially when you consider that W. is so obviously a puppet. All you have to do is look at the resumes of his cabinet to see the influence of the party of Ronald Reagan (fucking cock-breathed maggot).