PDA

View Full Version : salival

mike009
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
where can you get salival? ive seen NEVER seen it in any stores...and ive only seen it on ebay. is that the only place where u get it?

tomhet
05-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Ebay is the spot, baby. The edition was limited and it disappeard from stores years ago I think. I hope for the sake of many fans that Tool will rerelease it someday.

hbynoe
05-25-2006, 10:22 PM
150.000 copies made...all sold..it is the only way to get it
or amazon check there out

passenger#44213
05-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Yep i got mine from the bay, and i had to pay dearly for it.

But its worth it.

praefector
05-25-2006, 10:26 PM
im glad i was able to get one

i thought they were just bullshittin with the "limeted edition" business

and to think i ALMOST tossed it out a few years ago.

its forever been ruined now though, dog chew up the outer plastic portion. i was able to save the parts with the logo and kaballah by cutting them out. the booklet and most of the cardboard flip-top box survived though... just a little beat up around the edges..

cool little set imo... if they rerelease it i may purchase another one. CD is a little scratched up

hbynoe
05-25-2006, 10:28 PM
i got the vhs and the dvd of it..i have no clue where the vhs is...or the CD ...i have a bad method of collecting things...
like all of you i hope they rerealease it the booklet is pretty fucking cool too

M.Luther
05-25-2006, 10:30 PM
i bought the dvd the day it came out
2 years later someone stole it.
fuckers

praefector
05-25-2006, 10:32 PM
yeah i got the dvd on release day too

went back a week later to get the vhs and they were all gone

still about 35 of the dvds though

: \

M.Luther
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
not only that but i had a cd and dvd burns, both of those got stolen too.

Parallel
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
bought the dvd/cd when it came out... sold it for $60 on ebay about a year ago to buy a plane ticket.

stupidest shit ever. huge regret. cause my dumbass didn't even burn a copy of any of it. I KEPT THE PLASTIC WRAP THOUGH!!!!!!!!!! who the fuck cares, right? man. self-loathing, sorry.

Absent Mind
05-25-2006, 10:35 PM
i bought it when it came out. too bad those that dont have it gotta shell out like 200 bucks! i think it was like 39.99 when it came out. i got mine at the Wherehouse (now out of buisness)

implandnoises
05-25-2006, 10:39 PM
With much forethought, this was the first DVD I ever bought. I didn't own a DVD player at the time, but there was no way I would pay $120 NZD for a VHS that would have worn out in no time. That reminds me, I still have a VHS of some tool videos. I think it came out with a ltd edition copy of Aenima. Hmm, I think it has the same videos on it as Salival actually... maybe thats why I didn't bother buying the VHS version. Oh yeah, thats right, those videos are edited to exclude swearing.

edit: it might have been $100 NZ, I can't remember. But I got it as soon as it came out, I guess they just ripped us off more down here.

Edit edit: I am not saying it is a rip off. It's awesome. But damn, that was a lot of money for me at the time.

Edit Edit edit: Oh yeah, wrong forum...

Dolophane
05-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I bought the VHS version in a mall, I believe. I didn't even know it was a limited edition thing - I'm pretty sure I was a fairly new Tool fan at that point (post-Lateralus). I knew they had released it and I'd been looking for it for a while, I'm glad to see I didn't have to pay more than retail for it.

praefector
05-25-2006, 10:48 PM
now that i think about it

i may by another one just to have an extra booklet thingy to put undertow and aenima in

those albums look so out of place on my bookshelf with the dvd singles, lateralus, 10k days, salival

Vicenza
05-25-2006, 11:31 PM
crazy... i was reading in some thread several weeks back how Salival was impossible to find now and how it was going for hundreds of dollars in auctions here and there, and i was like...wha? this thing seemed like it came out with a whimper at the time.

i bought it the week of release and although i sure as hell never planned of letting this puppy go, i appreciate it even more so now knowing how much of a rarity it is in the band's catalog...

guess i always took for granted how cool it is to have to watch and listen to the aenima video on surround sound. fuckin fantastic, man...

Volrath
05-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I thought they were going to re-release salival in the near future?

haich
05-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Play.com (http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1001186/-/Product.html?searchstring=salival) seem to think it'll be out at the end of the year,
it was some date in may before...

koobcam
05-25-2006, 11:52 PM
I have got it on DVD but will buy it again. Well impressed. Cost me £20 including shipment from america - that was years ago though. DVD rules. My first DVD too!

fault
05-25-2006, 11:53 PM
US $500 and i'll throw in FREE SHIPPING!!!

mikeanthony
05-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Lol i just downloaded it ive got it on pre order from play.com hope it aint a mistake

Insanekat
06-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah got mine off Ebay, well my boyfriend got it for me (not sure how much he paid for it since it was a present) Though I think they should still rerelease it

Warartist
06-18-2006, 05:05 AM
I need a new one too. My nephew cracked the CD in half and all the moving around I've done has really beaten the rest of the set up. the VHS tape still works, just looks like shit. I got mine at harmony house... When it was still in business around here.
I think I saw one a year ago at record exchange for 35 bucks. That would be in Dearborn Mi. It is probably gone though.... Ebay here I come!

Mandy

Warartist
06-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Why didn't mine come with a DVD instead of VHS? Everyone says they got it with a DVD.... except ME!

martyrinexile86
06-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah I got mine from Amazon. For $30.00.

martyrinexile86
06-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Why didn't mine come with a DVD instead of VHS? Everyone says they got it with a DVD.... except ME!
It was originally released in both formats. I've got the VHS version also, need an upgrade.

Warartist
06-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey let me know if you find that upgrade where it was and how much. That is if they have more than one of course. I would very much appreciate it:)
M.

martyrinexile86
06-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Anything for a fellow Tool fan.

martyrinexile86
06-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Although you very rarely seem to be able to find the DVD version for under $100

kierenw
06-24-2006, 12:47 AM
I finally got a copy about a week ago. For $90NZD. Heh heh.

hushypushy
06-30-2006, 09:58 PM
i got the VHS version for 26USD last week, 'course if you're reading this thread then you already saw the thread near this one where i posted the pics of it ;)

Warartist
07-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Although you very rarely seem to be able to find the DVD version for under $100

:( Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do sometimes... I'd pay $100.

bmeason
07-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Wowza, I really had no idea it had become such a rarity.

I bought the dvd version day it came out, at a local record store Zia's. My friend also got one.

Thought it was bad ass to have all the videos (at that time) out, plus the hidden hush video was a bonus I didn't expect!

Alt. Pushit is also nice!

Glad I still have this gem, phew ;)

Warartist
07-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Wowza, I really had no idea it had become such a rarity.

I bought the dvd version day it came out, at a local record store Zia's. My friend also got one.

Thought it was bad ass to have all the videos (at that time) out, plus the hidden hush video was a bonus I didn't expect!

Alt. Pushit is also nice!

Glad I still have this gem, phew ;)

Well, why don't you just rub it in then ;)
I have the case, and the VHS, my CD is cracked in half tho... damnit!
You wanna sell it? Please. How about just the CD?