PDA

View Full Version : Live DVD discussion/demand

Kjac18
05-25-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't know about any of you but i'm really, ready for a live Tool dvd, one that we know is gonna come out and don't have to wait long! one that is 3 hrs long with videos included and rock you so hard your eyes pop out on the floor so you can watch your own pants being rocked off!

chalk_line
05-25-2006, 08:41 PM
ive been waiting for a live dvd for soooo long. it would really make the Tool collection complete wouldn't it? we can only hope i guess.

Satival Tributary
05-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Make friends with YouTube.

Dolophane
05-25-2006, 08:42 PM
I'd like a live DVD. But good gravy, it's gonna be from the Lateralus tour. By the time the DVD comes out, they will probably have had enough time to shoot and edit shows from the 10,000 Days tour.

chalk_line
05-25-2006, 08:44 PM
I'd like a live DVD. But good gravy, it's gonna be from the Lateralus tour. By the time the DVD comes out, they will probably have had enough time to shoot and edit shows from the 10,000 Days tour.

Shows from the latest tour would be a nice addition. At this point i would take just about anything as long as it sounds good and looks good.

moneyisevil
05-25-2006, 09:01 PM
keep wishin, maybe ask santa...a 3 hour live dvd aint happening cuzzin

blkmetal
05-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Make friends with YouTube.

I just can't get past the poor quality of most of the live videos that are on YouTube. Having seen Tool live I can honestly say that those videos don't do them justice. I need a professionally made, high quality live DVD with 5.1 channel surround sound...oh yes....that is what I crave!

obwah
05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
I definitely agree...

savelints8
05-25-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm MORE than ready for a live DVD.

chalk_line
05-25-2006, 09:28 PM
I just can't get past the poor quality of most of the live videos that are on YouTube. Having seen Tool live I can honestly say that those videos don't do them justice. I need a professionally made, high quality live DVD with 5.1 channel surround sound...oh yes....that is what I crave!

Amen.

blkmetal
05-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Amen.

Can I get a Hallelujah?

fraz
05-25-2006, 09:45 PM
whilst the Live DVD was put on the backburner - does anyone know if that Alex Grey book entitled 'TOOL' is still coming out soon?

The Official Fiction
05-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I've given up on the live DVD a long time ago. It pisses me off to think that some YEARS back when Blair hinted it would be out soon, I actually checked toolband and a few other sites every single fucking day for a very very long time. and nothing. still nothing. it's not coming out, at least not as it was supposed to way back when, I guess.

Carbonatedgravy
05-25-2006, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for a live DVD if it means having 10,000 Days performances on it. Were it to come out too soon, by say the 6/6/6 date, we'd probably be stuck without them.

Dolophane
05-25-2006, 11:17 PM
I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for a live DVD if it means having 10,000 Days performances on it.
Don't hold your breath.

BlindVisionary
05-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Screw the dooovd....Live in person will be much better...Only 2 weeks to go :-D

zol
05-26-2006, 01:10 AM
Can I get a Hallelujah?

Ummm. Hallelujah!

That's better. Now give me my damn live DVD or I'll have to make my own and no one likes footage from mobile phones...

lemonlateralus
05-26-2006, 05:49 AM
I know what ya mean, I have only 1 dvd of the 16/11/02 Oklahoma show from the Lateralus tour...Great quality but just knowing a live dvd may be made just makes everythingelse defunct. COME ON TOOL!!!!!!

Absolute_Zero
05-26-2006, 10:22 AM
I bought a dvd called "Toology." Its supposed to be a "behind the music"-type treatment of the band, buts it's unnoficial (and poorly-done); the only worthwhile parts are the clips of an interview with Adam Jones (which is the only band member interview on the enitre eleven-dollar train wreck). I'm definitely ready for a live concert dvd.

lemonlateralus
05-26-2006, 02:32 PM
I have one word of advice...stay away from "Toology"

zol
05-26-2006, 06:44 PM
I have one word of advice...stay away from "Toology"

Too late. But very good advice. What a pile of crap.

Kochipahk
05-27-2006, 12:34 AM
My uncle gave me that hunk of dog shit for Christmas. What an asshole.

But really, my uncle is fvcking awesome.

Toolfan24
06-19-2006, 10:32 AM
A live DVD would be mind-blowing for sure. Many people have 'seen' cameras at the shows. I saw them in Berlin, Germany while there for a class and didn't see any cameras but did see a mixer taking out a CD and quickly pocketing it. Maynard has said that he would never want a live CD put out, so that CD could very well be used to sync the music in higher quality to the footage, if there is any. Not holding my breath...yes, I am...no, I'm not-Bill Hicks

hushypushy
06-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Maynard said he never wanted a live CD put out, yet they had live shit on Salival, and that stupid live bonus disc that came with Undertow in Australia?

justslugem
06-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Tool always delivers on the musical front, but i dont think they've released anything that wasnt a studio cd that was wirth buying, so im sure if they do release a live cd it will probably have 12 live versions of the gaping lotus experience

slamminsalmon
06-27-2006, 12:08 PM
i couldnt imagine them not releasing some kind of double CD with a live concert and other classic songs. its only a matter of time

ATARI
07-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Maynard said he never wanted a live CD put out, yet they had live shit on Salival, and that stupid live bonus disc that came with Undertow in Australia?

Maynard is an asshole if he said that.

Dolophane
07-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Let's not forget that Opiate contains two live tracks...

nickknocker
07-07-2006, 09:34 AM
I saw a camera set up at The Orpheum in Boston (may of this year)

Gustavs01
07-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Rob Zombie played in my home town last week and after wards was hangin out at a local bar I had the wonderful chance to meet him I asked him about the Live Video he was gonna put out in 1999 early 2000 from Ozzfest he just shrugged, Then I asked whay was with the cameras all around the arena for he Said "Just in case some asshole Redneck comes on stage and blows my head off you can go home and Download it use it as a screen saver and watch my Deer in headlights look as a Bullet tears off my skull" so that must be the reason or if one of the Band members pulls a River Pheonix

DON IOTAE
07-07-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't know about any of you but i'm really, ready for a live Tool dvd, one that we know is gonna come out and don't have to wait long! one that is 3 hrs long with videos included and rock you so hard your eyes pop out on the floor so you can watch your own pants being rocked off!
Specially for those of us who have yet to go to a Tool concert... *sobs*

DON IOTAE
07-07-2006, 04:10 PM
ive been waiting for a live dvd for soooo long. it would really make the Tool collection complete wouldn't it? we can only hope i guess.
We could also kiss Blair's ass.

Boozy Eulogist
07-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Easy.

Did they have a DVD and Book in the works?
-Yes.

Does it make sense to have a Book about the collaberation between Alex Grey and Tool come out that is now out of date and missing the new material?
-No.

Does it makes sense to release a DVD of an out of date tour, without having anything from more recent shows included?
-Beyond us big fans...not really.

Updating in progress!

Ba-zing!

P.S. Fuck that avy

AlltheteainChina
07-10-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm sure it'll be out in a couple years, I read in some interview a few years ago that Tool wants every one of their fans to experience them live, that they're a live band, that's how they're meant to be heard, etc...so I'm sure they're going to put out a beast of a live DVD sometime. Even though I'm confident it'll happen, i still can't f'n wait.

DON IOTAE
07-10-2006, 07:06 PM
^ watching a video about them live hardly makes up for the real thing, but I guess, some people must get accostumed to it..

ranjit
07-17-2006, 12:21 PM
On toolband Blair just dropped what I believe is one of his very rare obvious hints in an interview with Aaron from Isis:

AH: We also have a new DVD coming out on August 22 called “CLEARING THE EYE.” It’s on the Ipecac label and has live footage… nine years of stuff… a video… and some other things…

BMB: A DVD you say… a live dvd… Tool should do that… I wonder why nobody ever thought of that. I’ll bet some Tool fans would like that… a live dvd…. Huh… What’s your armadillo count?

Any thoughts? Maybe hes just toying with us as usual...

I remember a couple of weeks back he also said that soon they would release the remaining north american tour dates and as well announce something that would make certain people very happy.....

It might have been the fact that ISIS is opening for tool though...

Thoughts?

implandnoises
07-18-2006, 05:26 AM
On toolband Blair just dropped what I believe is one of his very rare obvious hints in an interview with Aaron from Isis:

AH: We also have a new DVD coming out on August 22 called “CLEARING THE EYE.” It’s on the Ipecac label and has live footage… nine years of stuff… a video… and some other things…

BMB: A DVD you say… a live dvd… Tool should do that… I wonder why nobody ever thought of that. I’ll bet some Tool fans would like that… a live dvd…. Huh… What’s your armadillo count?

This is meant to be humourous, or it seems like a joke to me at least. Just try and imagine a hint of guilt and a false pretence of innocence in Blair's voice as he says this. "A DVD you say...". you can almost hear his thoughts as he thinks "Damn it, don't brag about releasing a live DVD, when Tool have talked about one for years and never managed to do finish it."

DON IOTAE
07-18-2006, 05:33 AM
It's never ever coming out...

lemonlateralus
07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DON IOTAE
07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
^ accept and move on...

:P

krisinsandiego
07-20-2006, 12:00 PM
i was at the san diego show when they stated that they would be releasing a dvd containing that show and 3 others i belive, ending with LA...and i definitely saw cameras up close and everything, with sweeping shots and obscure angles...but that was back in 2002...so i dont know...bottom line for me with tool....it's going to come out when it's going to come out, no matter what, so i just appreciate when things do actually come out, despite such a long wait for everything...i've just grown to accept it...but TOOL at street scene will hold me over for a little...

Dark Globe
07-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Look how long Pink Floyds Pulse took to come out on dvd..........now that was a long wait.....Tool dvd, i bet they are gonna wait after the 10,000 days tour to make a live dvd

Toneman
07-21-2006, 01:15 PM
We've waited this long, so I wouldn't mind waiting until the end of this next big tour to see a double live DVD.

Disc 1 = Lateralus Tour, Disc 2 = 10,000 days tour.

King Crimson has done it, amongst others.

A man can dream...

DON IOTAE
07-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Tool cultivates patience and common sense.

EastBayJ1972
08-10-2006, 10:02 AM
I was at the "infamous" Reno show so I REALLY can't wait until this thing comes out. Be patient my friends,...it will arrive soon.Before 2007 I bet.

Caduceus11
08-11-2006, 09:00 PM
on this note, I have recently acquired the live show in Minnesota from back in '02. I don't mean to brag or anything but this is damn near as good as it gets. Whoever made this did a great job. There is at least 2 cameras, complete with fades from one to the other and no interuptions in the sound; not too much crowd noise either. The cams are also very steady, so I'm thinking these guys even had tripods or mounted these cameras very craftily. In any case, getting this sure has made me anticipate seeing them on September 12, in SanAntonio Texas!

smok3y
08-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Look how long Pink Floyds Pulse took to come out on dvd..........now that was a long wait.....Tool dvd, i bet they are gonna wait after the 10,000 days tour to make a live dvd

but that was originally put out in 1995 on CD and VHS only a year after the tour. the DVD is just a remaster.

hushypushy
08-12-2006, 11:01 PM
A man can dream...

and spread some made up rumors to make other men salivate....ah yes....

their new live DVD is gonna be called "super salival" and be a four hour live DVD compilation, like NIN's "and all that could have been" but longer

The Tower That Ate People
08-31-2006, 09:56 AM
What if they waited to release it until the end of Tool?

I have seen the Long Beach concert on video, and every now and then you see a guy (or maybe Camella) with a video camera. I believe they have shitloads of footage, but them controlfreaks wont release it yet.

And I am not expecting a typical concert dvd. Wouldn't you be surprised if you were to see any of their faces? It'll be something like the live version of The Noose by APC, I'm guessing.

lachrymoIogy
08-31-2006, 06:58 PM
it'll come. probably just not as soon as anyone wants. or maybe november 23. one of those is right.

chiller
09-01-2006, 08:01 AM
it'll come. probably just not as soon as anyone wants. or maybe november 23. one of those is right.

hahaha. now dont be starting that again. i remember the whole august bullshit last year. random dates never help. TOOL is very sneeky

somniferousalmondeye
09-04-2006, 11:37 PM

i was just thinking the same thing last night. i was on youtube.com like a crackhead watching every single tool song live, some of the footage is excellent, along with the audio, of coarse some suck, but like anything else its trial and error. i was supprised when i typed in tool no quater and there was even a live performance of that song too, basically every song i've tried has yielded like ten different live performances of that song so for now i think you tube will hold me over, as far as that live dvd, i doubt we will see anything like that in the near future with them just having released a new record and all, but i wouldn't be supprised if they released a dvd between the next few years and their next studio albulm, sort of like the release of salival.

MoreTool
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
http://www.fourtheye.net/?cat=4

lachrymoIogy
09-05-2006, 08:32 PM
http://www.fourtheye.net/?cat=4 i'll believe it when i see it. thanks for the link

Phorty
09-12-2006, 10:19 AM
maybe there just waiting for spike lee to clear up his schedule to they can release the tour videos in theaters entitled " the original tools"

lemonlateralus
09-13-2006, 02:37 AM
seeing as maynard doesnt want any of us to take the band or himself too seriously how cool would it be to do a bikini bandits/Tenacious D-Pick of Destiny style dvd.
Maybe we could do with the lighter side for once...then the live dvd.
Or they could spoof how we see them in a "Spinal Tap" kinda way, after all there is a huge amount of mystique surrounding tool :P

ogrefreak
09-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Easy.

Did they have a DVD and Book in the works?
-Yes.

Does it make sense to have a Book about the collaberation between Alex Grey and Tool come out that is now out of date and missing the new material?
-No.

Does it makes sense to release a DVD of an out of date tour, without having anything from more recent shows included?
-Beyond us big fans...not really.

Updating in progress!

Ba-zing!

P.S. Fuck that avy

I sent him a message and i got the same thing we are just going to have to wait he is not letting any info out.

elusivEuphoria
09-18-2006, 08:22 AM
In any case, getting this sure has made me anticipate seeing them on September 12, in SanAntonio Texas!

Oh dear... im so sorry...

Anywho... I get the impression we are pretty much all on the same page. 'A Live Tool DVD? Gosh that woudl be swell! And knowing Tool they would probably make it something special.' Then our heads race with ideas of what they could do, leaving us drooling... twiddling our thumbs. I like the idea of seeing a 2 disc DVD release with stuff from both of the most recent tours. Possibly some very old live goodies. Is anyone here familiar with the Primus DVD that came out last year? Animals Should not try to Act Like People? It wouldnt surprise me if Tool had enough material for something along those lines.

But for now... here's to wishing...

P.S. While writing this post, Part of Me (Live) off the Salival CD played on my Yahoo! radio station. Could this be a sign?

Nachosgrande
09-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Of course DVD would have to be shot in widescreen with 5.1 Dolby/DTS Surround Sound!

preciousbookwhore
09-20-2006, 10:28 AM
A live dvd, yes, please.
I have never been to a show where the visuals were that stunning (Dallas, 9-14), and I'm holding true to the thought that anyone who sees their live performance will be entranced/intrigued with it.
LIVE DVD DAMMIT!

jonboy
09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
An review/interview with DC. Read the last paragraph. I dont know if this an ass-sumption from the writer or info from DC.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/features-0/1158938416203210.xml&coll=5

The new songs have grown so much onstage that "I wish we could go in and record the record again; it would be so much heavier," Carey said.

Tool has stripped away a lot of what the drummer calls the "clutter" of past multimedia extravaganzas to put more emphasis on the music. It also has dispensed with any pretense of a traditional encore, preferring instead to simply sit on stage for a few minutes before resuming the show.

"It takes some of the distance between the band and the crowd away to sit there, hang out and enjoy the moment," Carey said.

The band is considering releasing a live DVD of the tour, which will continue through next year and is likely to return to the U.S. sometime in 2007. "All cylinders are firing, the vibes are good," Carey said, "It's coming together in a good way."

HookerWithADick
09-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Hell yeah that would be so cool. However I thought that the Lateralus tour would have been a better one to make a DVD of. The stage was bigger, they played older tunes, and Danny did a drum solo.

tabula.rassa
09-27-2006, 05:13 PM
it's all about the marketing folks... they dropped salival at just the right time to whet our appetites and prepare us for lateralus...

they're just waiting for the right moment. there will be a live DVD... probably two...

one that will feature footage from the shows supporting lateralus, and one for 10k days...

i was at the Voodoo Music Fest show in New Orleans, way back when (i think it was '01), and there were actually cameras on huge booms, and cranes.... there was some badass footage from that show, that's never seen the light of day...

its out there, and we'll see it somewhen....

...PeAcE...

plexus
09-27-2006, 06:42 PM
it's all about the marketing folks... they dropped salival at just the right time to whet our appetites and prepare us for lateralus...

they're just waiting for the right moment. there will be a live DVD... probably two...

one that will feature footage from the shows supporting lateralus, and one for 10k days...

i was at the Voodoo Music Fest show in New Orleans, way back when (i think it was '01), and there were actually cameras on huge booms, and cranes.... there was some badass footage from that show, that's never seen the light of day...

...PeAcE...

they 'dropped salival' because of legal issues, silly.

I think theyre just gonna release a single dvd with footage from their old and new show.

Stinkfyst
09-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Hell yeah that would be so cool. However I thought that the Lateralus tour would have been a better one to make a DVD of. The stage was bigger, they played older tunes, and Danny did a drum solo.

By 2007 or whenever the DVD may potentially see the light of day, the setlist, and the stage may change yet again...and with the lazers they've been bringing out in their show, the DVD footage from this tour may potentially kick the shit out of the Lateralus tour...however I didn't see them during the Lateralus tour so I wouldn't really know. :-P

chalk_line
09-30-2006, 10:08 AM

...PeAcE...

I hope this guy is right

EastBayJ1972
10-02-2006, 02:47 PM
By 2007 or whenever the DVD may potentially see the light of day, the setlist, and the stage may change yet again...and with the lazers they've been bringing out in their show, the DVD footage from this tour may potentially kick the shit out of the Lateralus tour...however I didn't see them during the Lateralus tour so I wouldn't really know. :-P

no,..you wouldn't know,..I was there and can tell you they can shove the lasers up their asses and bring back the jams!!! Lateralus tour was their prime

DON IOTAE
10-02-2006, 02:52 PM
http://stashbox.org/575/tooldvd.txt

here it is. found the fucker.

DON IOTAE
10-02-2006, 02:52 PM
oh!

now i get the stash thing that dan got!

hooray for dan!

identity_theory
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I hope it's a video of them whazzing in each other's ears personally.

peripheral
10-02-2006, 05:39 PM
don't know about video, but the sound board guys were recording the chicago show. there were two separate microphones both 5' - 6' above the main board. who knows what they will do with it, if anything.

eternalnuisance.com
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
I've never been to a live Tool show, so I'm hoping I can see what I missed out on.

Jorge
10-03-2006, 12:12 AM
I've never been either, but i've watched plenty of decent bootlegs and they've given me toolgasms, so I could only imagine the real thing. I couldn't even imagine the REAL thing....someday they'll be in Montana, you just wait.

DON IOTAE
10-03-2006, 05:28 AM
me neither. hopefully it will all change by the end of this year.

eternalnuisance.com
10-03-2006, 05:43 AM
I just saw a bootleg, it was shitty quality, like it looked like it was shot with a cell phone kinda bad, but damn it looks like an awesome show.

Carny_Handles
10-03-2006, 05:53 PM
http://stashbox.org/575/tooldvd.txt

here it is. found the fucker.

best dvd art eva!!!

mechanichippie
10-03-2006, 09:09 PM
i dont htink a live dvd would be that great. one of those bands whos live performance does not translate well to video, imo. i'd rather them tour more and release albums regularily than start putting out dvds. because we know that once a band puts one out, they never stop.

elusivEuphoria
10-04-2006, 07:24 AM
I've never been to a live Tool show, so I'm hoping I can see what I missed out on.

I hear ya. I missed out their last Chicago show because of a lack of money, a class i couldnt ditch anymore, potentially horrible seats, and no one was going to be able to share the experience with me (okay, that last one is a minor reason... but a reason nontheless, i dont like going to shows alone :-/ ). I am hoping that if/when they come back in the round of tours next spring that they dont schedule the show on a week i have to be out on the road storm chasing.... If that happens.... i dont think i will be able to hold back the tears. And i will need some kind of Live DVD more than ever....

Oh please Tool, dont come to Chicago the first week of May 07... Please!

lachrymoIogy
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
i've seen tool 386,000 times. they were all great.

hushypushy
10-17-2006, 09:44 PM
i dont htink a live dvd would be that great. one of those bands whos live performance does not translate well to video, imo. i'd rather them tour more and release albums regularily than start putting out dvds. because we know that once a band puts one out, they never stop.

I disagree, Tool does cool shit that would translate very well to DVD, especially this tour:

1. new versions of songs--Salival proved that Tool's "same old songs" are very listenable and enjoyable as the live versions.
2. far away visuals--just look at their reflective screen-on-the-floor visuals and of course the lasers, also those big light thingies hanging above the band
3. close up visuals--would be nice to get in close to see Maynard dancing, or closeups of A, D, or J doing their stuff.
4. Surround sound! We need more surround sounded Tool!

Personally, I find concert DVDs very interesting, but at that point, it's all up to personal preference.

TOOLEK
10-17-2006, 11:21 PM
I was at the "infamous" Reno show so I REALLY can't wait until this thing comes out. Be patient my friends,...it will arrive soon.Before 2007 I bet.

What happened at that show??

trickma
10-30-2006, 06:22 PM

dreaming.

Right in ²
01-30-2007, 11:38 AM
To keep your hopes up ;)

Danny talking about the CD/ DVD again! :)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65924

TOOL tapes all its live shows...

thirdeyesight
01-30-2007, 12:20 PM
there was a thread for this already...well they are saying that the vegas will be recorded for a possible live cd/dvd

hellenkellerkarate
01-30-2007, 04:22 PM
To keep your hopes up ;)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65924

dvdS

killer

CrownOfNegativity
01-30-2007, 08:02 PM
What happened at that show??

Damn, still unanswered.

I'd like to know as well.

hushypushy
01-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Tool has played a bunch of times in Reno, yeah? The only one that comes to mind is not really "infamous" at all, but 11-23-2002, the second-to-last show of the Lateralus tour, they played a 20 minute version of Third Eye, which is the BEST Third Eye I've ever heard. Don't PM me for it, it's on Zomb. Go get it.

durkabajung
02-03-2007, 09:07 AM
That's awesome. And in response to somebody before me: I remember seeing cameras at the D.C. show back in September.

<FUTANT>
02-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Anyone wonder why they are keeping this so quiet? My "positive aspect" side keeps telling me that maybe somthing amazing is happening....but my "negative aspect" side says.....they are jerken you off, turn on CNN

FIatIine____
02-07-2007, 09:26 PM
That wasn't the "infamous" Reno show he was referring to, he was talking about the 06 tour where there was basically a riot and maynard kept adking the audience to behave, he called everyone children, he even stopped singing.....the 2002 Reno show you mentioned sounds far more interesting though! Third Eye is one of my top songs, and a 20 minute version!? was it just the intro that dragged really long with Timothy Leary that made it 20 mins? anything different? sorry I am off topic, but discussing the live DVD really sux after so many years....I have a bad feeling that they will release it when they are finished touring for GOOD.....

hushypushy
02-07-2007, 09:30 PM
No, the intro of the song itself was dragged on, even though they do play both the Leary and the Hicks samples. It has a lot more actual instrumentation.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but they never played Reno in 2006. They played Las Vegas though.....source (http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/2006.html)

FIatIine____
02-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I meant Street Scene in San diego lol I have no idea how I got that and Reno mixed up....oh well

FIatIine____
02-07-2007, 09:57 PM
dammit now I want to know what is so "infamous" of the Reno show! and what year! ????

TOOLEK
02-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, that's what I asked a couple of months ago, and no one answered....

Matthew77
02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
To keep your hopes up ;)

Trent Reznor does a great job with all of the Nine Inch Nails live DVDs but I know when we finally do get a live DVD from Tool it will be the best concert dvd ever, I just hope Rosetta Stoned makes the final cut.

hushypushy
02-14-2007, 05:35 PM
dammit now I want to know what is so "infamous" of the Reno show! and what year! ????

I only have one Reno show, 2002/11/23. Collectiveunconscious only lists one other Reno show, 1998/08/19, and has no special info. Maynard was a preacher, that's it.

Therefore, I conclude that there is no infamous Reno show, it's either a misunderstanding, an exaggeration, or a flat out lie.

Matthew77
02-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I only have one Reno show, 2002/11/23. Collectiveunconscious only lists one other Reno show, 1998/08/19, and has no special info. Maynard was a preacher, that's it.

Therefore, I conclude that there is no infamous Reno show, it's either a misunderstanding, an exaggeration, or a flat out lie.

I have to agree with you. I was at the November 2002 Reno show and I don't remember anything infamous about it. It was just like the other shows on that tour with different song variations. Maybe the person who claimed the show to be infamous because they had such a great experience.

junior
02-20-2007, 02:07 AM
I think the "infamous" Reno show is in reference to Blair's news item (some time ago) that mentioned Tool doing an unexpected encore of "Faaip De Qiad". If memory serves right, Blair wrote that only a small number of people actually saw it because the encore took place after most of the crowd had left. Or something like that.
I don't remember if it was in a newsletter or just regular news, but I think it was in the same breath as talking about the recording of those last shows on the Lateralus tour.

solidabyss
02-22-2007, 09:13 AM
yall dont remember? at the Reno show, about half an hour after they went off stage and everyone but maybe 30 people left the place and they came back on and played Faaip de oaid, they played it at only one other show in OK i think it was. cant wait to see that on the DVD :- Þ

hushypushy
02-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, Blair said that after the 2002 show....and that's just unconfirmed BS, I won't believe it until I see or hear it.

Haidar
03-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Don't expect anything in life. You will only be disappointed.

a-groan-of-tedium
03-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Don't expect anything in life. You will only be disappointed.

Thanx for saying that.

a-groan-of-tedium
03-24-2007, 02:34 PM

I bet you'd buy "Tool Live: The Youtube Collection"

Scrunzset
03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
The show was infamous if you were there. =P Which I was... lol... the '02 one. Remember them playing the main riff for "Wings" and I knew right then and there that that was gonna be something special. Saw them 6 times before (all during the Lateralus tour) and the Reno show was the best BY EFFIN' FAR.

And yes, there were pro-cameras there.

*sigh* I want my goddamned live DVD.

a-groan-of-tedium
04-02-2007, 06:14 AM
The show was infamous if you were there. =P Which I was... lol... the '02 one. Remember them playing the main riff for "Wings" and I knew right then and there that that was gonna be something special. Saw them 6 times before (all during the Lateralus tour) and the Reno show was the best BY EFFIN' FAR.

And yes, there were pro-cameras there.

*sigh* I want my goddamned live DVD.

What was the setlist? if you remeber.

hushypushy
04-09-2007, 03:23 PM
What was the setlist? if you remeber.

http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/02arena1123armen.html

Have fun with that site.

a-groan-of-tedium
04-10-2007, 05:58 AM
http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/02arena1123armen.html

Have fun with that site.

Thanx.

Apocalypse2moro
04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
It's ridiculous. They could've released 5 DVDs since they started talking about it.

Tripod
04-17-2007, 10:33 PM
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9653/tooldvdlogonb8.jpg

TOOLEK
04-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Is there a Reno shoow video bootleg available? Does anyone have it and can pm me where to find it. Thanx

hushypushy
04-19-2007, 10:37 AM
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9653/tooldvdlogonb8.jpg

booo

jonboy
04-19-2007, 02:53 PM
booo

you scared me

sotos
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.vanillacircus.net/book/

BreakX
05-15-2007, 08:53 PM
I was at the Wichita show, and they definitely were filming and recording audio. I hope that we actually get to see and hear it one day.

M00N
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Anyone wonder why they are keeping this so quiet? My "positive aspect" side keeps telling me that maybe somthing amazing is happening....but my "negative aspect" side says.....they are jerken you off, turn on CNN

lol i agree totally, although if a dvd Does come out, its prabably going to be when tool is either done with 10,000 days tour, or done playing music.... or both???

but if there is going to be a dvd... it will be amazing... beyond amazing... they could price it at 60 dollars and everyone will buy it... including me.

The Great Tom Sawyer
05-30-2007, 01:39 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOOL-DVD-LIVE-PROMO-Lateralus-RARE-Maynard-Clear-Cover_W0QQitemZ320120884509QQihZ011QQcategoryZ617Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

even if it is a fake, it still looks like a cool dvd

idwita
06-04-2007, 12:57 AM
heheheheheh.....
ahh, all this speculation.
well, here's more, along with some reiteration:

very apparently - as per the "blabbermouth" mini-interview from Danny - there should end up being multiple DVDs, and from the look of all the freekin concerts they've been taping, it would seem that (as per their usual approach) they're looking for the very best of their live work to include in them.

also, it was once said (i think by Adam, too...) that when TOOL gets the time/freedom/whatever else they need, they'll do a film, somewhat a-la-The Wall (tho i think we all know it won't really resemble it). if they're going to do that, and especially if they're releasing multiple DVDs, i find myself somewhat looking forward to a live version of that as well. maybe they haven't written anything for that yet at all; would make sense tho. especially if touring for a film release ended up being their last tour.
if they do finally do a film and tour on it, i think i may just have to make it to every US date on that tour..... O, how perfectly Ultimate that would be...

iminsideurmind
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
My mouth is water in gfrom reading all the speculation. I cant wait! Also what the hell is Zomb im looking!

futant55
06-10-2007, 01:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOOL-DVD-LIVE-PROMO-Lateralus-RARE-Maynard-Clear-Cover_W0QQitemZ320120884509QQihZ011QQcategoryZ617Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

even if it is a fake, it still looks like a cool dvd
This is in the questions

Q: What is the sound quality like? Is it sound board qulaity? How was the video shot, shaky, or pretty professional? Thanks, matt
A: sound quality is suprisingly good. i can tell its not soundboard, but it is excellent. the video was taken from straight back in the audience and for a fan video, its, suprisingly not shaky.. it's an A+ 'fan video' not pro, but very good for what it is.

It is the oklahoma show from 2002 with the remastered audio, I 'm pretty sure I got it off of Demonoid. I cant believe that guy made $127 off a bootleg. Tool would be pissed.

Ghostwriter
06-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I WANT NOW!

Right-In-46-&-2
09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
have faith people, it will come out.

just don't know when.

i'll be pissed if it only has 10k days footage on there too.

i want all of their songs live, like one from every different tour they did. all the old stuff.

who cares if its too much footage, an 8 disc set wouldn't be too bad would it?. i'd pay anything.

Aenima7988
10-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I DEMAND A LIVE DVD

Despite their bullshit, Tool definitely likes money, and they could definitely make more money, and they would definitely make a shitfuckload of money if they released a dvd

Aenima7988
10-09-2007, 04:11 PM
And I second an 8 disc live dvd set. Every single song they've done live, in every single variation. That means normal stinkfist, stinfist with jam. That means normal pushit, salival pushit, and any variations of the two.

Arkham Asylum
10-09-2007, 04:30 PM
A live DVD would be cool, but it tough to capture what the live setting is like on DVD. I would definitely enjoy it nonetheless.

What I'd rather have is LIVE versions of each official album so far, with whatever version/variation of each track that the band wishes to pick. I've already made a live Ænima mix for my car because it is the most groin-grabbingly epic stuff ever.