PDA

View Full Version : If anyone cares, I learned it.

Systolic
05-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I just perfected it on guitar.. unfortunately I dont have a webcam. Its not that bad at all. The most fun part to play is at the end.

The only tough part about the song is some of the syncopations in the 11/8 measures carry over into the next, which actually sets you back on the main beat.. it can get confusing.. but all in all a pretty easy to pick out and play song.

HallsOfMandos
05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
did u learn by ear or did u have tab? if tab, can u post a link to it?

Jett
05-25-2006, 11:41 PM
I like your avatar. Isn't that from that pac man rip off game on 3-2-1 Blast off or something?

I have yet to tackle this album on guitar. I'm giving it a thorough listening before hand due to the confusing time signatures and subtle aux guitar parts.

I learned the other albums though, did you?

StereoScopicLenses
05-26-2006, 12:34 AM
I just perfected it on guitar.. unfortunately I dont have a webcam. Its not that bad at all. The most fun part to play is at the end.

The only tough part about the song is some of the syncopations in the 11/8 measures carry over into the next, which actually sets you back on the main beat.. it can get confusing.. but all in all a pretty easy to pick out and play song.

I really don't care that you can play it on guitar b/c there are alot of people that can play many many tool songs on the guitar. BUT that's kick ass that you figured out the time sigs and recognize that it takes fuckin talent to write and compose stuff like Tool does. I hope people can see that it is really good. B/c I have read plenty of threads with people bashing this new album. ROck on Brother!

troublefunk
05-26-2006, 08:51 AM
I figured it out too. There wouldnt be much point tabbing it out though, since the hard parts would just be the first 3 strings open (drop d) in a mind bending rhythm. You kind of need to be able to read music to portray that right. You're better off just playing along with the cd for that.

The part at 3 minutes is pretty cool though- just alternates between two chords: Open Low D string-Open A- D string (2nd fret) to Low D string (3rd fret) A string (3rd fret) D string (open)

Just do an arpeggio of each once, the the second time do the first chord but just the first two notes of the second. Repeat.

Other parts of the song use the opening few notes (3rd and 5th on low D to 3rd and 5th on A), along with the open D, in various shapes and timing.

Hope that makes sense.