PDA

View Full Version : JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

pairaballs
05-25-2006, 01:55 AM
WTF IS UP? DOES NOBODY ELSE GET REMINDED OF SOME CHEAP NSYNC INTRO TO THE TRACK? gets me soo pissed everytime i hear it. It reminds me soo much of that ***got nsync bitch timberlake that it's not even funny. maynard, we're gonna have a problem here.

Terry21
05-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Listen to the new Muse song. Supermassive Black Hole.

Kurac
05-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Song SUCKS big time!
When I first heared the intro I started laughing how gay it sounds.

swedishpizza
05-25-2006, 02:50 AM
WTF IS UP? DOES NOBODY ELSE GET REMINDED OF SOME CHEAP NSYNC INTRO TO THE TRACK? gets me soo pissed everytime i hear it. It reminds me soo much of that ***got nsync bitch timberlake that it's not even funny. maynard, we're gonna have a problem here.

I've always thought Justin Timberlake had a great voice. I just didn't necessarily like the way he used it.

I really love the intro actually. Maynard sings it really well in my opinion.

Also, I don't think it's worth analyzing the vocal intro without the bass part. When that comes in, Maynard's vocals make so much more sense. When I first heard it I was like "Whoa! That sounds weird!" As soon as I heard the bass come in the song took me.

TurdEye13
05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Song SUCKS big time!

shut your mouth boy!

resonance.
05-25-2006, 03:02 PM
best quote about this:

"If Undertow Maynard heard that, he'd kick his own ass."

M.Luther
05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
why the fuck is there a non-bin thread with this title on TDN?

M.Luther
05-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Song SUCKS big time!
When I first heared the intro I started laughing how gay it sounds.

LALWZ DOOD THAZ DEEP!!~1

STA
05-25-2006, 03:27 PM
The Pot is a fantastic vocal performance.

M.Luther
05-25-2006, 03:56 PM
i dont agree, i classify the first 10 seconds as a 'the grudge, waste of space.
but if people like it, thats their own M.O.

STA
05-25-2006, 04:03 PM

I, too, dislike the beginning of The Grudge" very much (if that's what you meant). I hated it when I first heard it, and I still cringe when I hear it today.

I really disliked The Pot the first time I heard it, too, but Maynard's vocals on this track have grown on me in a way that his work on The Grudge never did. Maybe it's the Joni Mitchell-ness of it that's sucking me in.

Kristy31803
05-26-2006, 09:46 AM
This was the first song I heard off of 10K Days, and I heard it on a myspace page that I was using for Tool songs for my own profile. I skipped over to the page in question because I saw my song had been deleted. I then saw "The Pot" had replaced whatever song I had so I was like SWEET, NEW TOOL SONG. And within the first 5 seconds I was like, wait... what?? Who the hell is this?? I thought I knew Maynard in and out vocally but... I honestly didn't recognize him until the bass line, only cuz I recognized Justin. Maynard sounds so... feminine. I can match his pitch perfectly and this bothers me.
However, he will never "sound like" justin timberlake or be anywhere near justin timberlake simply because Maynard is good... and justin timberlake has admitted one of his idols is michael jackson. Enough said.

T-13h
05-26-2006, 09:52 AM
First of all, the grudge is perfect and holy.

Second of all, as regards The Pot: I find these knee-jerk reactions about how "gay" it sounds quite interesting.

Continue discussion:

Terry21
05-26-2006, 04:07 PM
And within the first 5 seconds I was like, wait... what?? Who the hell is this?? I thought I knew Maynard in and out vocally but... I honestly didn't recognize him until the bass line, only cuz I recognized Justin. Maynard sounds so... feminine. I can match his pitch perfectly and this bothers me.

Strange.

When I first heard the song, I heard Maynard James Keenan (lead singer of the metal band Tool) sing in a very funny way.

Maybe it's because I'm a better human than you.

resonance.
05-26-2006, 04:09 PM

Damn fucking right it is. In the begining I didn't like the opening vocals, but then I pulled my head out of my ass.

Terry21
05-26-2006, 04:12 PM
And the whole fucking 10KD album is holy too. I can't see how to call Lateralus holy and this album not.

resonance.
05-26-2006, 04:15 PM
And the whole fucking 10KD album is holy too. I can't see how to call Lateralus holy and this album not.

I just don't..... .like...how... wh... WHAT THE FUCK!??!

GODDAMN SHIT TEH BEDZ0RS

Terry21
05-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I just don't..... .like...how... wh... WHAT THE FUCK!??!

GODDAMN SHIT TEH BEDZ0RS

I didn't get it, sorry.

Maybe it's because we're both drunk.

WitlessLiar
05-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Wait are you calling The Grudge as a waste of space... because that's definitely one of their best songs.

M.Luther
05-26-2006, 06:59 PM

Second of all, as regards The Pot: I find these knee-jerk reactions about how "gay" it sounds quite interesting.

Continue discussion:

everytime i hear the first robomechanical moments of the grudge all i can think about is the BUGGLES and video killed the radio star.

M.Luther
05-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Wait are you calling The Grudge as a waste of space... because that's definitely one of their best songs.

bzzz, wrong answer.

Kristy31803
05-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Strange.

When I first heard the song, I heard Maynard James Keenan (lead singer of the metal band Tool) sing in a very funny way.

Maybe it's because I'm a better human than you.

Maybe, but I doubt it. :)

Kurac
05-27-2006, 02:23 AM
The Pot - worst song on the album

champion
05-27-2006, 06:13 PM
This... thread isn't happening anymore.