PDA

View Full Version : One theory (or a few)

ghuznee
05-24-2006, 08:38 PM
I reckon it could possibly be a marketing ploy / piss take.

What with all this da vinci code shanagins.

Perhaps these no puzzle. regarding the eyes thing. yeah if you through it long enough and focussed in such away it becomes 3d. but everyone knows that right?

"if you through it long enough and focussed" - then you could go on about 'seeing' clearly. seeing things for what they are etc... third eye....etc...

Perhaps the puzzle thing is actually a way to get people to REALLY look at the artwork, and USE THEIR BRAINS so as to formulate their individual opinion, share ideas with eachother - philosophically anaylse tool's underlaying ideas, philosophies

My 2 cents

srryimwhte
05-24-2006, 09:32 PM
yeah the anwser is really probally to think for yourself as maynard has said in many of song, for their are alot of coincidences with the cd title and the art work

hendrix cobain and janis joplin all died at the age of or around 27 also known as 10k days
the oil in earth is estimated to run out in that time
and various other things

JOK3R
05-24-2006, 09:42 PM
awesome post

Grimgrumthegnome
05-25-2006, 09:50 AM
i agree... i think they say "puzzle" but really they're just trying to get us to see all the pictures as a whole to extract one overall meaning that incorporates them all

zol
05-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Agreed. Finally some sanity creeps into the forum :)

Nice one ghuznee.

Going to see The DaVinci Code tonight at the request of my girlfriend. The things I do for her.....

MayorofNecropolis
05-26-2006, 05:56 AM
agree with you ghuzee and sryimwhte 110%

srryimwhte
05-26-2006, 08:52 PM
the only other thing if you wanna count it towards the thinking for yourself theory is in the picture of the eyes you can get three eyes some times could possibly be a link to the song third eye which also states "think for yourself question authority"

nordicsnoopy
05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
ok, this could just be my impractical side, but, with everything that tool stand for they wouldn't just be as 2 dimensional as only saying think for yourself.

Considering how much they revel and live for depth and meaning, I think that they would have relished at the chance of being able to come up with some sort of interesting puzzle for all of us to challenge ourselves with. If it was just some pretty pictures, they would have been a hell of a lot more random with the 'coincidences' in the artwork.

There is definetly a puzzle, I personally dont think that its got to do with the tracks synching up, cause it would have sounded a lot better if they were going to spend (at least) 2 months trying to mix the tracks together so they were supposed to synch.

I haven't had the chance to do this, but I have a theory that the photos are supposed to be (need a scanner) lined up in an order that matches the numerical equivalents of the symbols in the pictures on the opposing (technically below) pages.

I think that all the 'photographs' (not the computer generated images) once put in the right order (i believe it to be two rows of 4) there is a large symbol that is garnered from the positioning of certain points of the photograph. It appears that maybe order clues are linked with the number of symbols that appear on the opposing (below) pages. i.e. the blurry bird picture would be the 6th picture.

For example, if maynards picture is at the bottom left of the 2 rows of four and the sheep skull is at the top left then maybe a line is drawn from maynards wine glass to the teeth on the sheep skull. Once all the pictures are in the right order, maybe there is some sort of natural shape that begins to appear from the pictures.

with the amount of time and research done for such a kickass bunch of artwork, surely they would jump at the chance to give us something really worthwhile.

cheers,

nordicsnoopy

(toolarmy thaw)

srryimwhte
05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
well yeah that is true but everything about tool is hidden with in its self like each song has a clear meaning then they break of in to many minor yet significant underlines maybe he shows you how to make satan balls

lemonlateralus
05-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Have any of you noticed in maynards picture that the lady in the background is forming an R shape?

Indeterminate
05-26-2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.mjt.org/ For anyone that has ever been there.

æmoeba•°·.
05-26-2006, 11:28 PM
novus opiate seclorum(dating to the shirt and standings for Opiate the album) taking this into every album, and a reminder....take every album and place them together and you will find a message.....at least.....i did......take care...i know something you all don't know...

Inner_Eulogy
05-27-2006, 09:10 AM
novus opiate seclorum(dating to the shirt and standings for Opiate the album) taking this into every album, and a reminder....take every album and place them together and you will find a message.....at least.....i did......take care...i know something you all don't know...

Yeah, dude just came out the closet. Thanks for sharing guy

srryimwhte
05-27-2006, 05:22 PM
i bet if we gave this puzzle to a 1st grader he could find the answer or be closer fucking kids always win

æmoeba•°·.
05-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah, dude just came out the closet. Thanks for sharing guy

•°.gladly....•°·§.