PDA

View Full Version : Peanuts Parents/Repeat Experience?

LetGoLetgoLetGo
05-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I hear "Peanuts Parents", but I can see where the "repeat experience" could fit in. The Peanuts parents thing matches well with that bassline though. It literally sounds like the Peanuts parents.

I cant decide.

smeefsmeef
05-24-2006, 04:49 PM
He clearly says "PEANUTS PARENTS" live... especially at the Dallas show where he put particular emphasis on the "PARENTS" part. He sung that at the Detroit show as well and every other live version that I've heard.

tbrent21
05-25-2006, 11:53 AM
From what I'm hearing, I'd say neither of these two choices.

whitewater
05-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Ditto. There should be a third option for 'all a sudden the peanuts dance'

mommyluvsmusic
05-25-2006, 05:58 PM
I hear "Can anyone tell me why all of a sudden the peanuts dance".

I'm assuming he is talking about the x-file being. His shape must resemble the shape of a peanut and all of a sudden it starts dancing....... sounds feasible that someone tripping would "see" something like this.

formerlycontent
05-25-2006, 10:03 PM
um oops

all i can make out in this song is "eating a penis or a box? oh! this is clit cream"

Muladhara
05-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Neither.
I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't sound like either of those suggestions to me.

Nizzem
05-26-2006, 10:49 AM
"Can anyone tell me why all of a sudden the peanuts dance".

thats what i hear...

tbrent21
05-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Yes I think he does say "all of a sudden [something]".

tbrent21
05-26-2006, 11:44 AM
"Can anyone tell me why all of a sudden . . . [something something]. Will I ever be coming down?"

It occurred to me that the clue to what he says in the [something something part] may come from remembering that he's talking to a doctor and his assistant.

The next line is "Will I ever be coming down?" -- natural to ask of the doctor. I think, like some on these boards have said, he might just actually say "my penis hurts." It makes sense. He's talking to the doctor and nurse.

revolution9
05-26-2006, 11:59 AM
"can anyone tell me why my penis hurts?" is what i've been thinking since i first heard it. Makes sense to me. He's saying he's been abducted by aliens, and we all know the cliche' things that aliens supposedly do to their abductees. The tests, the probing, etc etc.

moneyisevil
05-26-2006, 12:00 PM
"AND CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PEANUTS DANCE"

revolution9
05-26-2006, 12:02 PM
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO

tbrent21
05-27-2006, 05:31 PM
"Can anyone tell me why you all sound like Peanuts parents" -- someone has this on the Sticky lyrics thread. After listening a few more times, I'm changing my vote to that. It fits with what I'm hearing and also fits with the communication problem he's having with the doctor and nurse from the intro.

Its somewhat of a relief that he isn't saying his penis hurts.

M.Luther
05-27-2006, 05:55 PM
in the live performance its quite clearly "peanuts parents"

repeat experience is good guess though.

M.Luther
05-27-2006, 05:57 PM
found here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HOOM2Kn61qI&search=rosetta%20stoned%20quay

peanuts parents

champion
05-27-2006, 06:11 PM
I hear "my penis hurts." For real.

M.Luther
05-27-2006, 06:14 PM
for a while i thought he said "it all felt like my penis was in paris"
but i dont think thats right anymore.

M.Luther
05-27-2006, 08:08 PM
in all seriousness though...it does sound like penis(something)...but the second word still sounds like it starts with a P

Bassboy
05-27-2006, 09:11 PM
My guess is on "why wasn't my pee not scarce"....meanings he's been with the alien beings so long that the pee from the time he pissed himself earlier ("I hope Uncle [Martin / Quark] here doesn't notice that I pissed my fuckin' pants.") when he first met them had dried up......like it all just seemed to have happened in an instant .Also, if someone else has already said this i didn't see it yet...

æmoeba•°·.
05-27-2006, 09:15 PM
i think since he is talking about how the "peanut's parents" talked, how it was completely not understandable, it fits in. he talks about being strapped in a bed and such and how it seems like he is saying he really can't understand what is being said. you get the metaphor now?

Bassboy
05-27-2006, 09:25 PM
ok i totally agree with the "peanuts parents" fitting when listen to it again. for some reason "you all sound like" came across like "wasn't " for a little while....my bad

æmoeba•°·.
05-27-2006, 09:30 PM
ok i totally agree with the "peanuts parents" fitting when listen to it again. for some reason "you all sound like" came across like "wasn't " for a little while....my bad

:)

M.Luther
05-27-2006, 10:11 PM
i think since he is talking about how the "peanut's parents" talked, how it was completely not understandable, it fits in. he talks about being strapped in a bed and such and how it seems like he is saying he really can't understand what is being said. you get the metaphor now?

yea he does that at another point in the song too, its kinda like smoking PCP and your brain gets bombed with 6 different thoughts coming from 5 different directions all at once and you cant process it all. its called thought looping ? or something like that. either way it causes a break down in speech (if you even can talk at all) everything you say comes out like your thoughts...a garbled fucking mess.
thats why some of the lines in the actual lyrics dont make sense and seem to just be...random.
in some ways i can relate to what he's trying to convey and its not fun.

æmoeba•°·.
05-27-2006, 10:40 PM
whatever it takes to get the job done...

M.Luther
05-28-2006, 01:13 AM
i know, and the older i get the more it takes.
its almost crazy

EternalSiGN
05-29-2006, 08:13 AM
i still hear repeat experience.... i agree it sounds a little wierd the way he says it but i think its just because of the way the song is recorded and choped 2 give that strange effect on the voice

æmoeba•°·.
05-29-2006, 01:07 PM
i still hear repeat experience.... i agree it sounds a little wierd the way he says it but i think its just because of the way the song is recorded and choped 2 give that strange effect on the voice

there isn't enough syllabols for the word 'experience', and if what you hee is the guitar's open b string take a feedback ring then you need to stop over analyzing.

MarcDrums
05-29-2006, 04:13 PM
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NOYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

Gnome_Chomsky
05-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Peanuts Parents seems more Maynard-ish. Clever referance if you ask me.

Gnome_Chomsky
05-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Or maybe if it was the peanuts dancing. Almond eyes? get my connection here. His eyes danced with excitement or somthing. The alien I mean.

Ranger10000
05-30-2006, 04:22 AM
Or maybe if it was the peanuts dancing. Almond eyes? get my connection here. His eyes danced with excitement or somthing. The alien I mean.

I've also got the TX mp3 and in much better quality then the one posted and i swear i dont hear any of the suggestions that have been put up

This is what i hear, and yeah it doesnt make sense

Although my keyless clearance

no one can hear "Although" ?? its clear as day

on another show he clearly says "you all sound like peanuts parents"

palindrom_dome
05-30-2006, 06:53 AM
I know people have said this before but i'm positive the line is
"and can anyone tell me why all of a sudden my penis hurts?"

That's my vote.

Randall
05-30-2006, 01:16 PM
the 40 of you who voted "peanuts parents" are idiots, those that thought it was funny can die.........

Shaz
05-30-2006, 01:39 PM
im polish, so i hear "those were the meanest parents". I always heard it. and im polish. i hear no peanuts, or repeat. but whateva im polish.

EternalSiGN
05-30-2006, 02:32 PM
what does u being polish have 2 do with anything?

Gnome_Chomsky
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
They have sausage.

Shaz
05-30-2006, 05:27 PM
booya
and i still hear " those are the meanest parents , will i ever be comin' down?"
and im still polish
peace

M.Luther
05-30-2006, 05:44 PM
most of these songs, if you listen to the non pirated version, with headphones...you can hear everything very well.

The_Flood
05-30-2006, 06:13 PM
To me it definately sounds like repeat experience. Reading the Peanuts Parents part while listening to the music just doesn't match up for me.

Shaz
05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
To me it definately sounds like repeat experience. Reading the Peanuts Parents part while listening to the music just doesn't match up for me.

Cuz... your not reading " can anyone tell me why... thosewere the meanest, parents... will i ever be comin' down?"

I AM POLISH

æmoeba•°·.
05-31-2006, 10:08 AM
I've also got the TX mp3 and in much better quality then the one posted and i swear i dont hear any of the suggestions that have been put up

This is what i hear, and yeah it doesnt make sense

Although my keyless clearance

no one can hear "Although" ?? its clear as day

on another show he clearly says "you all sound like peanuts parents"

He can't portray the word "clearance" because i've listened to it numerous amounts of times and there is no "la" sound for an 'L' to be anywhere near the lyrics///..././

smeefsmeef
05-31-2006, 03:09 PM
He says: "Mookie Blaylock"... He just pronounces it wrong.

Agenda
05-31-2006, 03:32 PM
I hear: can anyone tell me why I was on peanut to paris

moneyisevil
05-31-2006, 08:47 PM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PEANUTS DANCE

final time it'll be posted, thank you, goodnite

edit: it can also be verified by listening to live boots, he says CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PEANUTS DANCE clear as fucken day

æmoeba•°·.
05-31-2006, 08:59 PM
"...and can anyone tell me why, i saw the 'Peanuts Parents'..."

The people that thing he is saying "...i was on..." are mistaken by the the guitar and ramble in the voice because the voice drops and the guitar grows for a slight feddback rendition from Adam's distortion pedal...

whitewater
06-01-2006, 03:34 AM

final time it'll be posted, thank you, goodnite

edit: it can also be verified by listening to live boots, he says CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PEANUTS DANCE clear as fucken day

Ditto.

spacemonkeyadb
06-01-2006, 05:40 PM
"can anyone tell me why my penis hurts?" is what i've been thinking since i first heard it. Makes sense to me. He's saying he's been abducted by aliens, and we all know the cliche' things that aliens supposedly do to their abductees. The tests, the probing, etc etc.

Yes! Me too. I know it doesn't make a great deal of sense but I do think the line is:

"Can anyone tell me why ... all-of-a-sudden my penis hurts"

Glad I'm not the only one hearing this.

smeefsmeef
06-01-2006, 05:50 PM

No, no no. It is PEANUTS PARENTS!!!!

He puts a special emphasis on the "PARENTS" part live.

I saw them in Detroit and have the Dallas bootleg. Have you heard the Dallas show? He says "Parents", not "Dance." He says it V E R Y C L E A R L Y,

lonelydumptruck
06-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Yes, yes it is quite clear. If you listen to the live version it is obvious that he says "peanuts parents." Furthermore, if we all just use our brains (!) for a second, and not just our ears, and remember that the title of the track is "Rosetta Stoned" it makes even more sense! Remember back to ancient history class and recall that the rosetta stone made it possible to decipher heiroglyphics or phoenecian or some such (possibly both). Put this together with the fact that someone who is stoned is paradoxically unlikely to comprehend anything (or, I suppose, it could be someone who has been stoned, in which case my interpretation still stands...).
Thus we have "rosetta stoned" -- a contradiction in terms. The speaker is at once able to decipher whole new realms of information (of the extraterrestrial variety) yet the experience has left him unable to understand that which he once did (i.e. like he is so stoned that his comprehension is fubar and everyone sounds like "peanuts parents").
I could philosophize about the deeper meaning of this conundrum, but I'm lazy.

æmoeba•°·.
06-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Yes, yes it is quite clear. If you listen to the live version it is obvious that he says "peanuts parents." Furthermore, if we all just use our brains (!) for a second, and not just our ears, and remember that the title of the track is "Rosetta Stoned" it makes even more sense! Remember back to ancient history class and recall that the rosetta stone made it possible to decipher heiroglyphics or phoenecian or some such (possibly both). Put this together with the fact that someone who is stoned is paradoxically unlikely to comprehend anything (or, I suppose, it could be someone who has been stoned, in which case my interpretation still stands...).
Thus we have "rosetta stoned" -- a contradiction in terms. The speaker is at once able to decipher whole new realms of information (of the extraterrestrial variety) yet the experience has left him unable to understand that which he once did (i.e. like he is so stoned that his comprehension is fubar and everyone sounds like "peanuts parents").

DAMNET ALL!!!....are you and me seriously the only ones who did this....I POSTED THIS SAME EXACT POINT ON A NOTHER FORUM.....i should have copied and pasted damnet -.-....thank you for being another that actually got it...

lonelydumptruck
06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes, I too was stunned that no one else (to my knowledge) had made this obvious connection....

In the land of the the Fords, the historically aware are Kings!

or perhaps we are shooting arrows at helicopters.....

A groan
06-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I hear Penis..

smeefsmeef
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I hear Penis..
You ARE a penis

j/j

Staticfactory
06-02-2006, 07:26 AM

Good idea... but... when people get 'stoned' they are inclined to seek profound and deeper meaning/understanding in everything(as a very general statement). That's the whole fun of getting baked - sitting around philosophizing and eating munchies! Personally, I've never been so ripped that my comprehension was disabled, but maybe I'm just taking the wrong drugs.

When it comes to getting rocks thrown at you, historically, it's because you've done something 'wrong'.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
06-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I still can't believe that no one has mentioned anything about what the Peanuts parents sound like. Go dig up "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown" on VHS, pop that shit in and listen to the friggin parents. The bass line immediately following "...like Peanuts parents" sounds strikingly similar to the voices.

If you think its anything other than Peanuts parents, I will not condemn you, but I will ask that you find a way to listen to these voices that I speak of.

lonelydumptruck
06-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Good idea... but... when people get 'stoned' they are inclined to seek profound and deeper meaning/understanding in everything(as a very general statement). That's the whole fun of getting baked - sitting around philosophizing and eating munchies! Personally, I've never been so ripped that my comprehension was disabled, but maybe I'm just taking the wrong drugs.

When it comes to getting rocks thrown at you, historically, it's because you've done something 'wrong'.

A. The stoning thing was a joke, but since you're taking it literally, I'll rebut with this: Historically, when someone was stoned for a "crime" it was not necessarily because they had done something "wrong," often it was a matter of transgressing social norms. Furthermore, if one was to proclaim that they had seen aliens in a place/time where stoning is a common practice, one would probably be considered to be posessed by the devil and very likely stoned/tortured/burned at the stake.

B. Now, seriously, maybe you've never been that stoned, but I've certainly attempted to have conversations with certain overly-indulgent friends of mine when they had smoked about 12 too many bowls, and let me tell you, from the blank stares in their eyes, I may very well have sounded like peanuts parents. No profundity, just giggles.

æmoeba•°·.
06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
A. The stoning thing was a joke, but since you're taking it literally, I'll rebut with this: Historically, when someone was stoned for a "crime" it was not necessarily because they had done something "wrong," often it was a matter of transgressing social norms. Furthermore, if one was to proclaim that they had seen aliens in a place/time where stoning is a common practice, one would probably be considered to be posessed by the devil and very likely stoned/tortured/burned at the stake.

B. Now, seriously, maybe you've never been that stoned, but I've certainly attempted to have conversations with certain overly-indulgent friends of mine when they had smoked about 12 too many bowls, and let me tell you, from the blank stares in their eyes, I may very well have sounded like peanuts parents. No profundity, just giggles.

.<<<[[(((<<...case closed...>>)))]]>>>.

ogjen
06-02-2006, 06:11 PM
How can it be a repeat experience if later he says "this shit never happens to me!"

jen

æmoeba•°·.
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
How can it be a repeat experience if later he says "this shit never happens to me!"

jen

great way to start out your first post...and concrete thinking...

whitewater
06-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Ditto. There should be a third option for 'all a sudden the peanuts dance'

Upon further listening, I retract this statement, and have voted for peanuts dance. I now firmly believe the line in question to be:

"and can anyone tell me why they all sound like peanuts parents"

lonelydumptruck
06-03-2006, 11:17 PM

jen

It makes me die a little inside to know that no one has yet seen this obvious contradiction....

and also that no one appreciated my Brave New World reference... you'd think if there was one place in the world you could find folks well versed in dystopian lit it would be here... or, you know, in a college dystopian lit course... oh well

æmoeba•°·.
06-03-2006, 11:21 PM
It makes me die a little inside to know that no one has yet seen this obvious contradiction....

and also that no one appreciated my Brave New World reference... you'd think if there was one place in the world you could find folks well versed in dystopian lit it would be here... or, you know, in a college dystopian lit course... oh well

huh?

BlanketEffect
06-04-2006, 12:04 PM
found here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HOOM2Kn61qI&search=rosetta%20stoned%20quay

peanuts parents

Yeah, best clip I've heard on the topic. In that rendition it's 99% clear that he says "Can anyone tell me why you all sound like peanuts parents?" It's not "all of a sudden" it's "all of you sound" - easy mistake.

Ok, that convinced me that repeat 'experience' isn't the line, although that's the only thing I've thought was correct since the song came out.

abrack29
06-04-2006, 12:11 PM
I hear: can anyone tell me why I was on peanut to paris

I hear this too...

Carny_Handles
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
its repeat experience.. why the fuck would he say penuts parents?

its so clear, dont know why there is even a poll.. then again its amazing to see so many people vote for peanuts parents.. safety in numbers i suppose

smeefsmeef
06-05-2006, 04:03 PM
its repeat experience.. why the fuck would he say penuts parents?

He says "Peanuts Parents" not penuts parents. I don't even know what a penut is...

No, it's what he actually sings. If you want to know why people voted for Peanuts Parents here's a hint... SCROLL UP...

Remember the Peanuts cartoons/comics with Charlie Brown, Snoopy, the weird sounding teachers and parents of Linus, etc...

Peanuts Parents = the parents from Charlie Brown (you know the ones that sound like: "Wah wah wu wha wu wub whahh")

Sounding like "Peanuts parents" means sounding incomprehensible... like an alien may sound to an english-speaking individual.

Carny_Handles
06-05-2006, 04:16 PM
no

smeefsmeef
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
no

yes

LetGoLetgoLetGo
06-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Peanuts Parents = the parents from Charlie Brown (you know the ones that sound like: "Wah wah wu wha wu wub whahh")

Sounding like "Peanuts parents" means sounding incomprehensible... like an alien may sound to an english-speaking individual.

I <3 smeef. Ive said this at least twice in this thread already. HELLO.

Thank you.

LetGo.

æmoeba•°·.
06-05-2006, 05:18 PM
lol and for the others that think you hear 'penis', are completely wrong as well because there isn't enough syllables in "penis" to match the lyrics, you're listening to it too loud if you here penis or repeat experience, turn it down a bit and you can hear the lyrics better....it's peanut's parent's...

smeefsmeef
06-05-2006, 09:55 PM
I still can't believe that no one has mentioned anything about what the Peanuts parents sound like. Go dig up "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown" on VHS, pop that shit in and listen to the friggin parents. The bass line immediately following "...like Peanuts parents" sounds strikingly similar to the voices.

If you think its anything other than Peanuts parents, I will not condemn you, but I will ask that you find a way to listen to these voices that I speak of.

credit goes to you...

you're welcome.

smeef.

æmoeba•°·.
06-05-2006, 10:00 PM
if you had common sense, you would know as well.

smeefsmeef
06-05-2006, 10:12 PM
lol and for the others that think you hear 'penis', are completely wrong as well because there isn't enough SYLLABLES in "penis" to match the lyrics, you're listening to it too loud if you here penis or repeat experience, turn it down a bit and you can hear the lyrics better....it's peanut's parent's...

æmoeba•°·.
06-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Thank's, i didn't mean to mispell at all, just completely forgot.

M.Luther
06-05-2006, 11:10 PM
lol and for the others that think you hear 'penis', are completely wrong as well because there isn't enough syllables in "penis" to match the lyrics, you're listening to it too loud if you here penis or repeat experience, turn it down a bit and you can hear the lyrics better....it's peanut's parent's...

my penis has enough syllables for a repeat experience..

either way
i was listening to this song in headphones again today and i think the lower second voice that comes in the on the right side does say something other than peanuts parents...it just doesnt synch up with the more over bearing voice...its not supposed to i know, but it still doesnt come across as "peanuts parents" like voice2 does with the rest of the song.

æmoeba•°·.
06-05-2006, 11:51 PM
either way
i was listening to this song in headphones again today and i think the lower second voice that comes in the on the right side does say something other than peanuts parents...it just doesnt synch up with the more over bearing voice...its not supposed to i know, but it still doesnt come across as "peanuts parents" like voice2 does with the rest of the song.[/QUOTE]
The muffled voice on the right sounds like it starts playing about a couple of milliseconds earlier than Maynard's so this might be why.

koobcam
06-06-2006, 12:14 AM
it's "Peanut's parents" i.e. snoopy.

JE Mack
06-06-2006, 01:30 AM
my penis has enough syllables for a repeat experience...

lol

littlejason
06-06-2006, 01:49 AM
all i'm saying is that if its really the way its said or not, i'm still in love with the line being "peanut to paris" cause the image is awesome, and it's just so much more fun than most of the others, until i heard about this Peanuts dancing one. I may become in favor of that. But do keep in mind that he tends to change lyrics when they play live shows, so there's a good chance it may be different on teh bootleg from the record, and this song definately has room for lyric changes.

sumsh
06-06-2006, 12:11 PM
It's Peanuts Parents. That makes the most sense lyrically, logically, and audibly. If he can reference the TV show My Favorite Martian with the line "I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't realize I just pissed my fuckin pants," then why can't he reference Peanuts? It can refer to either the aliens or the doctors. While with the aliens, they most likely do not speak English as their native language, so when they talk to him, he can understand them, but when they talk to each other, they sound like Charlie Brown's mom. Or while he's with the doctors, while they're talking to each other, they're using scientific jargon which he does not understand, so he says it's like listening to Peanuts Parents talk. He says "all of you sound like Peanuts Parents." End. Of. Fucking. Story.

Matt8
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
if its peanuts parents that dosent even make the tinyest bit of sence and would singlehandedly cheapen up these lyrics a great amount.

sumsh
06-06-2006, 12:44 PM
if its peanuts parents that dosent even make the tinyest bit of sence and would singlehandedly cheapen up these lyrics a great amount.
Did you even bother to read the post just above yours?

Nizzem
06-06-2006, 12:44 PM
It makes perfect sense... you clearly have never seen snoopy

JE Mack
06-06-2006, 03:42 PM
my penis has enough syllables for a repeat experience..

either way
i was listening to this song in headphones again today and i think the lower second voice that comes in the on the right side does say something other than peanuts parents...it just doesnt synch up with the more over bearing voice...its not supposed to i know, but it still doesnt come across as "peanuts parents" like voice2 does with the rest of the song.

like the majority says, it sounds like "they all sound like peanuts parents" but then i think the lower second voice said "it all felt like peanuts parents"

MarcDrums
06-06-2006, 05:14 PM
shit after listening to everything i definitely hear peanuts parents :)

M.Luther
06-06-2006, 09:01 PM
it only took us 5mo to come to this consensus

savelints8
06-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Sometimes I hear one, sometimes the other. It's kind of weird.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Sometimes I hear one, sometimes the other. It's kind of weird.

WORD.

I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY. JK

No really, after listening to it just now, it sounds like it is actually both. In that part of the song, Nard has 2 different vocal parts. Listen. You will hear it.

LISTEN. YOU WILL HEAR IT.

sumsh
06-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I bet Maynard gets pissed when people call him "Nard."

k~nug
06-09-2006, 04:49 AM
open this song in windows media player. Turn on SRS all the way. go to the eq, drop all lows and highs, turn up the mids, and put the playback speed on low. You can hear the whisper pretty loud, and the syllables seem to fit this-

'can anyone tell me why they all sounded like peanuts' parents'
or
'can anyone tell me why, you all sound like peanuts' parents'

Nate-Dogg85
06-09-2006, 08:08 AM
reason i dont buy peanuts parents, is cuz what the fuck does it mean? Repeat experience makes sense... i dont hear it, but it makes sense... Then "can anyone tell me why all the peanuts Dance" makes sense.... but i cant really hear a D in the last word. So i dont know... someone tell me what the significance of it is and maybe ill buy it.

koobcam
06-09-2006, 08:18 AM
it says at the top of this very page why it's peanut's parents. PLEASE note the apostrophe

LetGoLetgoLetGo
06-09-2006, 11:49 AM
reason i dont buy peanuts parents, is cuz what the fuck does it mean? Repeat experience makes sense... i dont hear it, but it makes sense... Then "can anyone tell me why all the peanuts Dance" makes sense.... but i cant really hear a D in the last word. So i dont know... someone tell me what the significance of it is and maybe ill buy it.

Are you familiar with the sound of the Peanuts' parents voices? They sound like the bassline following this line and the secondary vocal track (Will I ever be coming down?).

Peanuts dance. I still dont get it.

Honestly, everyone debating this needs to listen one more time. You can hear the center vocal track saying "repeat experience" and the L/R vocal track saying "Peanuts' parents". Period. Case closed.

k~nug
06-09-2006, 04:58 PM
When I first heard that part, i thought maynard had sung some melodies, and reversed them and learned the words to the backwards melody. It sounds really weird. Which is why I buy the peanuts parents thing.

lonelydumptruck
06-09-2006, 07:20 PM
it says at the top of this very page why it's peanut's parents. PLEASE note the apostrophe

Actually your apostrophe is incorrect. The title of the comic strip is 'Peanuts' - no apostrophe. Furthermore, "peanuts" in the lyrics is an adjective not a posessive. Ergo, no apostrophe.

I don't mean to be snarky, but you made an issue of the grammar, so if we're going to pay attention to it we might as well get it right.

Plus I'm an ocd grammar nut.

swampyfool
06-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Repeat experience makes sense, but it doesn't seem to fit (timewise). "Peanuts Parents" is what I hear.

Nate-Dogg85
06-10-2006, 07:31 AM

errrmm me = retard. When i posted that i only read the first page. Ok, i side with all of the people who support peanuts parents now, regardless i think thats a shitty lyric.

hushypushy
06-10-2006, 10:05 AM
I bet Maynard gets pissed when people call him "Nard."

probably not as pissed to be called herbert or herbie

lonelydumptruck
06-10-2006, 02:28 PM
probably not as pissed to be called herbert or herbie

I'm fairly positive he'd punch you in your big head for calling him any of the above.

BlanketEffect
06-13-2006, 07:29 AM
You know, those of you that are totally close-minded and unable to change your mind even if by chance you are wrong... the ones criticizing people for hearing something different than you or discovering a context in which what they hear would make literary sense... I'm gonna not insult any of you... I'm just gonna sit back quietly at my desk and chuckle softly at you assholes when the official lyrics are released and you're proven to be the narrow-minded dipshits you really are.

Tools listening to Tool. Learn to fucking evolve. It's not about being right. It's about the experience.

ThreeDeviations
06-13-2006, 08:03 AM
It's about being RIGHT and the EXPERIENCE.

What good is doing algebra and getting the equation wrong because you memorized the formula incorrectly? The goal isn't to say "at least I tried."

First, try to establish all of the correct variables... and then "evolve" from the best information you have.

BlanketEffect
06-13-2006, 08:08 AM
But, in essence, because you're not in the mind of the creator, and he's never going to tell you the 'official' meaning, you can only make your best guess. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but since you'll never know 100% surely, get as much out of it as you can and then just smile.

Sure, try to establish the correct variables, but with no concrete way to measure the correctness of your assertions they may still be totally wrong. Hence, I say it's the experience and not being right. Because you'll never know if you were right or not in the first place. (On the other hand, in algebra, you can confirm whether or not your variables are correct or not - lyrical interpretation is not so cut and dry and absolute)

JE Mack
06-13-2006, 06:23 PM
But, in essence, because you're not in the mind of the creator, and he's never going to tell you the 'official' meaning, you can only make your best guess. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but since you'll never know 100% surely, get as much out of it as you can and then just smile.

Sure, try to establish the correct variables, but with no concrete way to measure the correctness of your assertions they may still be totally wrong. Hence, I say it's the experience and not being right. Because you'll never know if you were right or not in the first place. (On the other hand, in algebra, you can confirm whether or not your variables are correct or not - lyrical interpretation is not so cut and dry and absolute)

AHHHHHHH my head is going to explode. tool fans = predictable as fuck.

sumsh
06-15-2006, 01:57 PM
tool fans = predictable as fuck.
I knew you were going to say that.

koobcam
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
peanut's parents. heard it live last night. game over.

Ardent
06-16-2006, 12:49 PM
does anyone remember in the old Charlie Brown movies if the parents talked in gibberish? if so maybe he says, "and can anyone tell me why you all sound like peanut's parents?" just a thought.

TJP
06-16-2006, 01:02 PM
It's Peanuts Parents. That makes the most sense lyrically, logically, and audibly. If he can reference the TV show My Favorite Martian with the line "I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't realize I just pissed my fuckin pants," then why can't he reference Peanuts? It can refer to either the aliens or the doctors. While with the aliens, they most likely do not speak English as their native language, so when they talk to him, he can understand them, but when they talk to each other, they sound like Charlie Brown's mom. Or while he's with the doctors, while they're talking to each other, they're using scientific jargon which he does not understand, so he says it's like listening to Peanuts Parents talk. He says "all of you sound like Peanuts Parents." End. Of. Fucking. Story.Yes Yes and Yes

k~nug
06-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Yes Yes and Yes

Not to metion there have been times in a chemically enhanced state in which I seemed to be jumbling the sentences of people talking. It's hard to explain, but Its like if i said,

hello, how are you doing today, I am doing ok..

I would not notice the first letter or letters and hear

elloh owa rey oud oingto dayia mdoi ngok

Not really, but you get the point, it's like I was a syllable behind in comprehending the sentence. In other words, garbled speech.

BigTool
06-16-2006, 07:08 PM

Depending on the location in the song, the peanuts dance either because a) he was stoned -or- b) the alien arrives.

BlanketEffect
06-16-2006, 09:27 PM
But keep in mind, the entire time he's saying this line, he's talking to the doctor and/or nurse(s) - so if he's in the hospital he's tripping and talking to those people and they are the object of his monologue.

Don't forget that this song isn't an abstract format. The whole time he's talking to someone and trying to tell them the story - so things worded in the present-tense would apply to the doctor, and not the subjects in the story. Helps to keep some meanings/possible lyrics in perspective.

Snakedragon
06-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Can anyone tell me why,
Those are the peanut's parents
Will I ever be coming down?

proved:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=40EEFD3054A91B4D

i slowed it down by 25% using audacity

ArizonaBay
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
"all of a sudden my penis hurts" without a doubt. It only sounds like peanuts parents because of the double tracked vocals.

ThreeDeviations
06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Can anyone tell me why,

proved:

Use that program for Undertow and see if you hear "sense your enemy" instead of "saturating me."

implandnoises
06-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Can anyone tell me why,

proved:

This is great. This shows why we will never really know until the official lyrics are released.

If I want to I can hear:

they all sound like peanut's parents.

or

those are the peanut's parents.

or

all of a sudden my penis hurts.

or

it was a repeat experience.

If I was to vote I would probably go for "peanut's parents" over "penis hurts", because of the apparent "p" sound that shouldn't be at the start of "hurts". However, anyone who as worked with a microphone before knows that an "h" sound can become annoyingly strong and gutteral, much like a "p" or even a "k". (and with lazy microphone technique, a "p" can pop and break up like a bastard making it sound almost like a loud "h").

I don't really think it is "repeat experience", but you really never can tell for sure. I am waiting for Maynard's word on it. The only problem with that is, can we take his word for it?

ThreeDeviations
06-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't really think it is "repeat experience", but you really never can tell for sure. I am waiting for Maynard's word on it. The only problem with that is, can we take his word for it?

No. That is if you consider "official lyrics" his "word."

Prison sex for example- "close enough so I can DROWN you." (the 2nd time through that verse)

NawnimNonNomen
06-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Actually your apostrophe is incorrect. The title of the comic strip is 'Peanuts' - no apostrophe. Furthermore, "peanuts" in the lyrics is an adjective not a posessive. Ergo, no apostrophe.

I don't mean to be snarky, but you made an issue of the grammar, so if we're going to pay attention to it we might as well get it right.

Plus I'm an ocd grammar nut.

Well, to be a super-snarky, OCD grammar nut, I have to point out that "Peanuts" in you all sound like "Peanuts parents" (sans apostrophe) is an adjectival rather than an adjective (in this case a noun adjectival). Though "Peanut's parents" would certainly be a case of a greengrocers' apostrophe, the line could read, "You all sound like Peanuts' parents," and still work grammatically. (In the latter, the word "Peanuts" should be italicized, but I don't know how to italicize on here.) Since the title of the Schultz strip is Peanuts and not The Peanuts, the latter transcription would indicate that the "parents" belonged to the comic strip Peanuts. The big question, then, is whether anyone hears italics in the line.

(And you maybe thought you were a pedantic nerd; imagine my llife :)

As for those who think this particular pop reference somehow compromises the integrity of the lyrics (in a song about some Birkenstocks-wearing, Krispy-Kreme-eating, Slice-drinking acid-head seeing aliens and pissing and shitting himself), maybe pretend that this particular reference is meant to refer you to two decent composers: John Scott Trotter (of Bing Crosby fame and co-creator of the mwah-mwah-mwah trombone voice with Bill Melendez) and Grammy-winning Jazz pianist Vince Guaraldi.

BlanketEffect
06-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah... or maybe not read too much into this and just assume it meant that the doctor and nurse sounded like they were going 'wah wah waaah' when he heard them talking.

BlanketEffect
06-22-2006, 10:50 PM
And I'm going to have to side with ThreeDeviations on his above note. The 'official' lyrics have mistakes in them, if you're comparing them to what actually got recorded for the album. I came across two *glaring* mistakes in just "Reflection". Like, there's no mis-hearing it, that's just NOT what he sang.

So the 'official' lyrics are more just like the 'official' advice.

NawnimNonNomen
06-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah... or maybe not read too much into this and just assume it meant that the doctor and nurse sounded like they were going 'wah wah waaah' when he heard them talking.

Oh, yeah, that last part in mine was really a joke pointing in that direction--directed at those who think "Peanuts parents" (however parsed) somehow cheapen the lyrics.
As for the grammatical nit-picking, that's just fun for me, because I have no life.
:)

hbynoe
06-22-2006, 11:03 PM
weeks definitely

*peanuts parents*....will i ever be coming down...

ArizonaBay
06-23-2006, 04:36 AM
I still am 100% on "all of a sudden my penis hurts". He pronounces hurts like 'hu-rerts' which is why people are thinking it says parents. It doesnt.

ArizonaBay
06-23-2006, 04:41 AM
Lol ive changed my mind it is peanuts parents- actually i give up, i dont know.

bellamadia
06-23-2006, 04:43 AM
I hear Peanuts' Parents and I assumed it meant that everyone sounded like they weren't making any sense (wah wah wah wah) like in the Peanuts cartoons. But then I had a thought.... it's been a while since I have seen any Peanuts cartoons but I don't remember the parents ever talking or sounding like that, only the teacher did. Am I mistaken?

paraflux
06-23-2006, 06:10 AM
repeat experiments

praefector
06-23-2006, 07:00 AM
I hear Peanuts' Parents and I assumed it meant that everyone sounded like they weren't making any sense (wah wah wah wah) like in the Peanuts cartoons. But then I had a thought.... it's been a while since I have seen any Peanuts cartoons but I don't remember the parents ever talking or sounding like that, only the teacher did. Am I mistaken?

nah it was every adult

sumsh
06-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Yes, you are mistaken. All adults did the wah wah; the teacher was just the most prominently featured adult.

bellamadia
06-23-2006, 07:28 AM
^^^^^^ Cool, as I said, it's been a while. I only recall the teacher.

Dark Globe
06-23-2006, 01:35 PM
he did say almond eyes earlier in the song......

fibonacci
06-23-2006, 09:35 PM
"I was on a peanut to Paris"

roscoe.etc
06-24-2006, 08:41 PM
I hear "Peanuts Parents", but I can see where the "repeat experience" could fit in. The Peanuts parents thing matches well with that bassline though. It literally sounds like the Peanuts parents.

I cant decide.

peanuts pennance

smeefsmeef
06-24-2006, 08:56 PM
"I was on a peanut to Paris"

Good for you!!!

Peanuts Parents.

BlanketEffect
06-24-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm starting to wonder if it's actually *both* 'Peanuts Parents' and 'repeat experience' double-tracked. I don't think Maynard is above being tricksy like that...

Dunno though, just another feasible possibility.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
06-25-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm starting to wonder if it's actually *both* 'Peanuts Parents' and 'repeat experience' double-tracked. I don't think Maynard is above being tricksy like that...

Dunno though, just another feasible possibility.

Im glad someone is catching on. I mentioned this a page or 2 back, and no one paid any mind to it.

I hear both. "Peanuts parents" in the center and "repeat experience" in the left/right. So everyone's right. Well, except for those still hellbent on "peanut to paris"(?!)

BlanketEffect
06-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Im glad someone is catching on. I mentioned this a page or 2 back, and no one paid any mind to it.

I did. Just took me a while.

remember_forget
07-19-2006, 05:39 PM
"And can anyone tell me why I was seeing the peanuts dance?" or "And can anyone tell me why all of a sudden the peanuts danced?" For a while I thought maybe he was referring to the "almond" eyes lighting up, like the aliens were interested. I could be wrong though.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
08-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Case closed.

Read the newsletter.

Im sure someone will claim that this newsletter is a hoax/decoy and argue that it is in fact "Peanut to Paris"....maybe its "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown"...?

LedZappaRageTool
08-16-2006, 06:06 PM
WHEN I SAW THE NEWSLETTER I FELT SO VINDICATED! When the album first came out I could barely distinguish anything (honestly I had a friend tell me it was about aliens) BUT I ALWAYS KNEW HE SAID PEANUTS PARENTS AND I WONDERED WHY THE ONLY LYRICS I SAW POSTED HAD REPEAT EXPERIENCE. phew... okay I'm done. Thanks.

implandnoises
08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
I just cheated on this pole!!! Yay I'm so cool!!

spacemonkeyadb
08-17-2006, 05:38 AM
^ LOL. I was going to cheat as well but forgot I had already voted :(

sonnyboy11
08-18-2006, 10:41 AM
the 40 of you who voted "peanuts parents" are idiots, those that thought it was funny can die.........

*snicker*