PDA

View Full Version : You Must've Been High, High, or Chai?

SynapticSatisfaction
05-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Haha. Ok. So....

Let's consider the phrase.... "You must've been high"

Obviously, there's two things that come to mind.

1) "high" as in: on your high horse. Higher, above, superior....

2) "high" as in: trippin' balls (which i think is my favorite phrase ever). As in, smoked yourself silly. As in, "what are you? high?"

Now, what about "chai?"

As in, the hebrew word for "life" commonly displayed on necklaces. Due to it's gematria, it's considered to be related to the tetragrammaton, which results in the meaning of "living embodiment of God" or the "living power of God."

I'm pretty sure that this can't be.....because it would be an improper use of the term. However, this thought came about because he seems to catch a little phlegm/air when he says the "H" in "high" which makes it sound hebrew.

Yes, I was bored in the car when this thought came about. It was funny to me for a few moments......

Carry on.

Cucumber_11
05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
As in, the hebrew word for "life" commonly displayed on necklaces. Due to it's gematria, it's considered to be related to the tetragrammaton, which results in the meaning of "living embodiment of God" or the "living power of God."

This could work as Maynard sarcastically saying how the subject thinks he is living the power of god. I.e. the guy thinks he is god and what he says goes. So it could work i suppose.

How is chai pronounced? I imagine its gotta be pretty similar to high.

SynapticSatisfaction
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
How is chai pronounced? I imagine its gotta be pretty similar to high.

The exact same way.

DON IOTAE
05-24-2006, 03:12 PM
And then MJK mentions Zion in 10kdays. Maybe, maybe...

Dredg
05-24-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that this can't be.....because it would be an improper use of the term. However, this thought came about because he seems to catch a little phlegm/air when he says the "H" in "high" which makes it sound hebrew.

you are right he does sound like he is stressing it, but later on he says high normal.

which means....

1) "high" as in: on your high horse. Higher, above, superior....

05-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Nice thought but I am sure he is just saying "high".