PDA

View Full Version : rythmn

joshuacureton
11-23-2002, 05:45 PM
this song is the direct opposite of the previous song. this is rythmn, and purpose, and intent. this song is deliberate. this song is psiritual. this song is designed to get you to move the body, to motivate the organism to move, before its all over.
this song was amazing live. fucking amazing.

ragna16
11-23-2002, 05:56 PM
What do you mean by the previous song? Because Reflection is not really the opposite of disposition.

joshuacureton
11-25-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ragna16
What do you mean by the previous song? Because Reflection is not really the opposite of disposition.
yes it is

scorpioali
11-26-2002, 07:59 AM
how is disposition the opposite of reflection? they both have rhythm, purpose, and intent. they go together, along with triad, and that's why it works in that beautiful continuous stream of music. reflection may be louder and and bit faster than disposition, but it still works. it all goes together. please explain what you mean.

Braydon
12-01-2002, 10:46 PM
i think he's talking more about the words than the music itself because disposition is more about watching and listening but reflection is more about doing.

volcano lance
12-04-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Braydon
i think he's talking more about the words than the music itself because disposition is more about watching and listening but reflection is more about doing.
Hmmm...thats very good reasoning. I can see where Josh is coming from if he comes from this standpoint. But, they arent opposites, really. The whole tri is a whole movement in itself, so i guess in the respect it could complete some sort of cycle.

ATG
12-04-2002, 08:24 PM
I see his point; Disposition, if listened to in the background, kind of sounds like people fiddling around with their instruments...there's no real verse or chorus, just some phrases and a few chords. Reflection keeps the freedom, but the beat is very forceful and determined, the lyrics express intent, and the music is much more cohesive.

not polar opposites, but i see his point.