View Full Version : 2006/06/27 - Amsterdam, NLD - HMH

swaps
05-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Tool
HMH, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Tuesday, June 27, 2006

rufas
05-23-2006, 02:14 AM
I really, really, really want this show to be confirmed.

skane
05-23-2006, 04:11 AM
me too...I would gladly go to Amsterdam instead of the Prague show...

Hans
05-23-2006, 07:03 AM
They even might wait untill June 4 or 5 before they officially announce that gig. Something similar happened two years ago with the Pixies at Pinkpop and in the HMH a few weeks later.
Immediately after the Pinkpop show, the festival director appeared on stage and said the band "just decided" to play the HMH as well.

... or they still haven't decided which venue it should be: HMH or Ahoy (both are available on June 27).

DJOX
05-23-2006, 12:36 PM
I hope they'll play HMH, coz' Ahoy sucks bigtime... Ofcourse 013 is my absolute favourite venue... shame this won't be happening again...

Bassmingo
05-23-2006, 02:23 PM
If this goes ahead i'll travel from Ireland to see it!

GullyFoyle
05-23-2006, 04:45 PM
I would love to travel to see this show if it really happens. Can someone in amsterdam let me rent a room for cheap???? Plane tix are expensive enough without having to find some cheap hotel to stay in....

gf

Windir
05-25-2006, 07:11 AM
I would love to travel to see this show if it really happens. Can someone in amsterdam let me rent a room for cheap???? Plane tix are expensive enough without having to find some cheap hotel to stay in....

gf

I'll try to convince my mom in letting you stay at my place, for free - if you want. Only thing you will have to pay is your Toolticket and your trainticket (€6 if you come from Amsterdam Central).

Small chance - but I'll do my best.

Edit: But first have to see if I can also get a ticket (once they sell them).

GullyFoyle
05-25-2006, 09:47 AM
well thanks a lot windir, I doubt I could get up enough cash to actually make it to amsterdam this early in the year. But I definately appreiciate your kindness (kind of unusual on this board, don't you agree?) Maybe one day when I hit the lottery and actually move to amsterdam, I'll let you stay in one of my rooms for free... :) that is my favorite city in the world, you are lucky to live there, at least I think you're lucky. But now I will definately see if I can scrape up some money for the trip.

gf

Hans
05-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Shame that people don't do that more often. I regularly have people at my place afterwards if they can't make it home. One of them became a good friend of mine (and we never met before she stayed for the first time, only on a board like this one). It's so much fun, chilling on the couch with a beer and talk about the highlights of the evening ! I don't live in Amsterdam, but only half an hour away in Utrecht (one of the other main cities for concerts).
I try to reach some incrowd people to confirm this one, but no luck yet. But if it happens, probably no later than the first week of June.

Pacal Votan
05-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Hopefully we'll finally see a confirmation for this gig this weekend when the Pinkpop Festival starts. I would have gone to see them there, but unfortunatly i'm 6700 miles away in another country, so no luck there :( This gig simply has to take place or i'd be very dissapointed. I'm going to see them play at Rock Werchter in any case, but a Tool concert during daylight seems kind of akward to me...

Hans
06-02-2006, 03:24 AM
for what its worth: the amsterdam date is printed on the back of the new tool shirts :)

raz0r
06-02-2006, 08:04 AM
for what its worth: the amsterdam date is printed on the back of the new tool shirts :)

:D

I'll be getting tickets for this the very second they come out.

skane
06-02-2006, 08:43 AM
:D

I'll be getting tickets for this the very second they come out.

I hope I can do the same..... :|
from which website can I buy them?

raz0r
06-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I hope I can do the same..... :|
from which website can I buy them?
Probably http://www.ticketmaster.nl

mique
06-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Just confirmed, right after the Pinkpop concert. Sale starts next Saturday.

Omelly
06-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Just confirmed, right after the Pinkpop concert. Sale starts next Saturday.

It's not on the HMH website, where did you get this information?

Pacal Votan
06-05-2006, 03:19 AM
It's not on the HMH website, where did you get this information?

From what i've heard, the organisor of the Pinkpop festival said this...

OrdinaryGirl
06-05-2006, 03:51 AM
Yeah he did, when Tool was done playing. He was like 'surprise guys, Tool's gonna play in HMH the 27th..' While all the time someone in front of me wore a Tool shirt with an 0627 Amsterdam tourdate on his back. So much for surprises..The sale's indeed starting next Saturday.

guanche001
06-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Damn.. why start so late with the pre-sale? Don't know if i'll be there..

Blyker
06-05-2006, 12:35 PM
yup they are going to play in the hmh. Smeets anounced it after teh Tool concert on Pinkpop. This isnt the first time they have done something like this. Its happened before where they want to sell out a festival before they make tickets to a concert available. Imagine that the festival wouldnt be sold out...

Its much more common in music bussiness though, how many times dont you hear about additional concerts? They check how well ticket sales go before they anounce a second concert (often the next day..)

Omelly
06-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Does anybody know what time the pre sales start?
It will probably be sold out in minutes and absolutely can't miss this!

blafuckbla
06-06-2006, 03:56 AM
http://www.heinekenmusichall.nl/evenement.php?id=315

blafuckbla
06-06-2006, 11:07 AM
june 10th 10:00 AM ..itll sell out in 1 hour. (well ok maybe less)

blafuckbla
06-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Last two times (Tilburg & Groningen) it took approx. 15 & 10 minutes.

those were much smaller venues obviously ;)

skane
06-07-2006, 01:36 AM
by the way,what's the aprox. capacity of HMH?

I guess only Tool would get me out of bed on a saturday about 8 a.m. (my local time) after a working week to try to get a ticket

curlybilly
06-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Only 4000?!
But i can get tickets in a big post office, too, right?
So i have to get up early in the morning on saturday and drive to Heerlen...
That`s where i got my tickets for Pinkpop, too...

Bassmingo
06-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Will these be available to purchase online?

blafuckbla
06-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Will these be available to purchase online?

yeah u can try...obviously u have a bigger chance when u have it directly in your hand saturday morning 10 o'clock.

Leandrenos
06-07-2006, 04:14 AM
This concert will be the best Tool will do this whole tour.

Proof:
They let TDN anounce it on 6/06/6
The sales start 10 june 10.00 you can change that to 10.000

Hopefully I can now proudly be a part of the mental conspiricacy freaks here on TDN.
I had more arguments but I thought, why bother?

rufas
06-07-2006, 04:57 AM
I really, really, need to get tickets for this show.

Leandrenos
06-07-2006, 04:59 AM
Me and my friends are going to spread out over the places you can get tickets so we can be sure to get some....

tool_46_2
06-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Anyone from the US making this trip?? Crossing my fingers and waking up at 3:00 am Sat morning here to try to get tix online....everything works out I'll be there (coming from Houston, TX).

Do you think online sales will be as crazy as the US tour? TOOL in the best city in the world--can't pass this one up.

Dirty Idea
06-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Haha, oh cruel fate. I bought flights to London to see the show there because Amsterdam wasn't confirmed, and they put the HMH on sale at the time I'm flying. Oh fate, you sick, sick bastard.

guanche001
06-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Anyone from the US making this trip?? Crossing my fingers and waking up at 3:00 am Sat morning here to try to get tix online....everything works out I'll be there (coming from Houston, TX).

Do you think online sales will be as crazy as the US tour? TOOL in the best city in the world--can't pass this one up.

Yeah a girlfriend of mine is comming back from a vacation from the US... they're here for about 4 years. Don't know if she'll make it in time for the sale though..

rufas
06-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I have now booked accomodation and am in the process of booking flights. Here's hoping for tomorrow morning - Like others, only Tool would get me up on a Saturday morning ! I havn't slept in in weeks !

Hans
06-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Wait, nevr mind they go on sale tomorrow...

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to buy tickets from Canada using a Canadian billing address etc.?

I know they'll be selling tickets on the Heineken Music Hall website, sadly, I don't understand any of it once I find "buy tickets".

:|

Can someone help me out?

i might be able to help you. Check the pm. :)

Peaceful Moments
06-09-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm so hoping to get tix for me and my gf.
Ticketservices' bandwith will explode tomorrow, that's for sure.

Edit: + Maybe I can meet Windir after talkin' on msn for some time now.

Hans
06-09-2006, 01:25 PM
and as allways, ticketmaster manages to put more concerts on sale at the same time as tool: Franz Ferdinand, Slayer, maybe some more... Somehow it always happens with a tool concert. :(

Peaceful Moments
06-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Most Dutch Tool fans should be out of bed by now...

hurmie
06-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Me too...good luck man....

rufas
06-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Here goes . . . .

rufas
06-09-2006, 11:55 PM
it is taking SO FUCKING LONG to hit ten oclock

The website is starting to struggle . . . . . . . :-(

Hans
06-10-2006, 12:08 AM
yay, four tickets in the wallet. See you all there! :)

Appelsap
06-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Sold out in 8 minutes :D
But i got 4 tickets !

rufas
06-10-2006, 12:10 AM
ahhhh fuck.

You got a spare amongst those four ?

Appelsap
06-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Sorry rufas, no spares. But you will be the first to know when one of my friends decides not to go.

identity_theory
06-10-2006, 12:16 AM
thank god I didn't take it up the ass by TM again... just a little fingering ;)

it

hurmie
06-10-2006, 12:18 AM
YESS !!! I got one....man, was I nervouse...

tool_46_2
06-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Only needed 1 ticket....got 1 ticket!!! See you at the show....are there any good coffee shops near the Heineken Music Hall? Also...can you smoke freely in there?

Peaceful Moments
06-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Dude I got two tix for me and my girlfriend.
See you all at the show!!!

raz0r
06-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Only needed 1 ticket....got 1 ticket!!! See you at the show....are there any good coffee shops near the Heineken Music Hall? Also...can you smoke freely in there?
Of course there are, Amsterdam is full of them.

Just got 2 tickets. The site just wouldn't let me buy 3 for some reason, so it looks like someone's not going to be able to get there.

See you guys there!

Pier
06-10-2006, 12:25 AM
3 for me,

but one of my friends MIGHT not go...

Grr pIER

itsyours2relive
06-10-2006, 01:21 AM
I have tickets, waited 4 hours; but I have';m

See you there

Erectus Fatalus
06-10-2006, 01:30 AM
I have tickets as well!

raz0r
06-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Of course there are, Amsterdam is full of them.

Just got 2 tickets. The site just wouldn't let me buy 3 for some reason, so it looks like someone's not going to be able to get there.

See you guys there!
Looks like my friend managed to get one for himself anyway.
You guys will be the first to know if anyone can't come.

sanny1987
06-10-2006, 02:21 AM
We got 4 tickets!! YEAH :D
we were about 9:30 on the postoffice in Assen, and we were the first :)
so we reserved the tickets and just sit and wait..
At 10 a clock the women had a couple reservations and printed all the time
So everyone there got a ticket :D
I'll see you there on the show!!

Btw..
for pics&vids from tool at pinkpop,just to get in the mood.. check:
http://www.bdrenthen.com/sandra/pinkpop2006/

Blyker
06-10-2006, 02:56 AM
I spend the night at my parents after attending a wedding partly late last night. I was like man ill never make it back in time to Groningen to buy tickets. Then i thought about the postoffice in Emmen. I strolled in at 9:55 got a note saying i was number 5 in line and strolled out a few minutes past 10 with 4 tickets.

Now im trying to reach a mate of mine to check if he has managed to get tickets for himself. If he has i got some spare.

Omelly
06-10-2006, 06:20 AM
Hell yeah, got my ticket! I was bloody nervous when I found out there were 12 people before me on the list at 9:45. I'm a happy man now.

blafuckbla
06-10-2006, 08:19 AM
6th time Tool here i fuckin come. hell yes.

Wool
06-10-2006, 11:34 AM

You'll probably find what we call 'tourist shops'. They suck, but I guess they're allright for tourists who don't usually smoke.
And yes, you can smoke freely in there, and on the street (except when you see police coming).

Anyway, got my ticket, first in line at the post office.

Deviation
06-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Does anyone have a ticket left for this concert in Amsterdam?
Despite my effort of getting up early to get in line, + calling while standing in line, + letting my mom try to get tickets online, i didnt manage to get one.

I only need ONE ticket, and I refuse to pay €100,- for it, like they're asking at trading-sites now. So if anyone is kind enough to sell their extra ticket to a poor-student-but-huge-fan, for a NORMAL price, then pleaaase let me know. Cause I'm really sad that I missed out on my well deserved ticket :'(
I'll travel anywhere in the country to pick it up.

contact me by email: [email protected]
or SMS by email: [email protected] (leave message in subjectline)

Thanks in advance, for what it's worth.

*sits down next to her pc, waiting for someone to email her*

Deviation
06-10-2006, 03:00 PM
nvm, i think ive got a deal with someone, and maybe an even better one too.
im going too!! :)

Leandrenos
06-11-2006, 04:47 AM
I got my ticket!!!!!!!!

I almost got robbed at 8.15 in the morning but it was worth it!!!!!

Reena
06-11-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't think there are any coffeeshops in the neighbourhood of the HMH (not completely sure of that)...there are plenty in the rest of the city though...

It sold out so fast...I'm really glad to have tickets. There were only four people in line, where I was. I was number 2. I think number 4 didn't get any tickets, because the lady at the desk said "oh this concert won't go so fast" and that dude actually believed her...hehe, I told them to hurry up...oh well....

sanny1987
06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't think there are any coffeeshops in the neighbourhood of the HMH (not completely sure of that)...there are plenty in the rest of the city though...

It sold out so fast...I'm really glad to have tickets. There were only four people in line, where I was. I was number 2. I think number 4 didn't get any tickets, because the lady at the desk said "oh this concert won't go so fast" and that dude actually believed her...hehe, I told them to hurry up...oh well....

hehehe.. damn bitch! :D
but alright.. the girl bihind the desk in Assen wants some toickets for her own friends as well, so she was printing fast ;)

itsyours2relive
06-11-2006, 01:50 PM

PM me, we can arange something. So there won't be a weed/hasj problem. It's allowed t smoke freely, whatever you like!

Greetings!

Wool
06-11-2006, 01:58 PM
It's pretty hard not to find a coffee shop in Amsterdam.

Draak
06-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Ik got my two tickets, yay! 9.45 at the post office, already 4 people waiting for Tool tickets as well (and a bunch of others just standing there waiting with letters and stuff --> ???) .
At 10 the office opened, one register was immediately reserved especially for Tool tickets :-D and the lady at the desk just started printing like hell until there were enough tickets for everyone, and afterwards we could pay for them, nu hurry. So... nice lady at this post office!

See you in A'dam!

Mark Heijblok
06-12-2006, 05:11 AM
nvm, i think ive got a deal with someone, and maybe an even better one too.
im going too!! :)

Hi there !!

Well, i'm also going.. (as if you didn't knew..;)) I hope we can join up in front of the HMH !!

For all the people that want a ticket.. Maybe, and MAYBE i will have some extra tickets for TOOL in Amsterdam. But hold your horses.. the extra tickets are reserved for some friends of mine.

If they can't decide before monday the 19th, i will sell my tickets here in the Hookup..

skane
06-12-2006, 06:22 AM
I bought a ticket for the HMH gig on ticketmaster.nl TODAY (around 2 P.M dutch time) :))

Pacal Votan
06-12-2006, 07:00 AM
I got four tickets as well, this concert will be a kick-ass warm-up before going to the Rock Werchter festival! Damn, 2 tool concerts in 3 days, i can hardly wait...

@ skane, yeah it seems that after it sold out they made extra tickets available...good for you :)

Omelly
06-12-2006, 04:10 PM
I got four tickets as well, this concert will be a kick-ass warm-up before going to the Rock Werchter festival! Damn, 2 tool concerts in 3 days, i can hardly wait...

@ skane, yeah it seems that after it sold out they made extra tickets available...good for you :)

I think it will be the other way around: werchter will be a nice cool-down after Amsterdam!

erikt
06-13-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm there.

PS I'm not that guy in the picture in the Pinkpop thread.

edit: wow, incredible that people will fly across the Atlantic to see this...

Molecom
06-14-2006, 02:28 AM
Hi There,

I bought my ticket at the Free record Shop in Oosterhout. I was the only-one there at 10am on the 10-06 and was out the door at 45 seconds past 10am!!! (Am I the only TOOL fan in that city???).

I can recommend this to any-one in Holland. Who thinks about the free record shop in a medium big city as a place to buy tickets? I didn't up till now.

See you at HMH

identity_theory
06-14-2006, 11:17 PM
So I'm trying to book a hostel the night of the show but can't figure out where the hell anything is at in comparison with the venue...anybody got any good info...or have a place and want to share it? I promise I'm not an ass-hole ;)

Mark Heijblok
06-15-2006, 12:52 AM
So I'm trying to book a hostel the night of the show but can't figure out where the hell anything is at in comparison with the venue...anybody got any good info...or have a place and want to share it? I promise I'm not an ass-hole ;)

The HMH is a bit far from the centre of Amsterdam. To get there you must take the subway to Bijlmer-station or Duivendrecht.

You can stay (for example) in the Shelter (http://www.shelter.nl/) or a Stay Oke - Hostel (http://www.stayokay.com/info/nl/hostel-amsterdam.html).. I live in The Hague (50 km from Amsterdam), and i have to work the next day, otherwise you could crash at my place.

identity_theory
06-17-2006, 01:05 PM
got a spot in stay okay... thanks!

Hans
06-20-2006, 03:27 PM
My tickets are here!

No need for me to worry anymore about not getting them before I leave on Sunday.

I'm really glad for you man! I hope you have a great stay over here and an awesome evening. Can't wait for Tuesday! :)

Mark Heijblok
06-22-2006, 02:26 AM
No need for this post anymore..

tool_46_2
06-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Arriving from TX the afternoon of the concert....any plans to organize a meet-up before the show? Staying near Leisplein and planning on hitting Dampkring on my way to Central Station to catch the Metro on the way to the show.

Mark Heijblok
06-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Arriving from TX the afternoon of the concert....any plans to organize a meet-up before the show? Staying near Leisplein and planning on hitting Dampkring on my way to Central Station to catch the Metro on the way to the show.

I'm in..!! I work almost in the center of Amsterdam.. so i will just have some diner and head off to the venue.. It's opens at 18.30 already.

But i'll be there about 20.00.. I'll just stand in the back watching the amazing video's.. They should just show the videos and put the band behind the screen..:)

tool_46_2
06-23-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm in..!! I work almost in the center of Amsterdam.. so i will just have some diner and head off to the venue.. It's opens at 18.30 already.

But i'll be there about 20.00.. I'll just stand in the back watching the amazing video's.. They should just show the videos and put the band behind the screen..:)

will probably hit Dampkring around 17.00, traveling solo so will welcome company of any fellow board members!!!

lahara
06-25-2006, 06:14 AM
TICKETS WANTED!

A couple buddies and I are here in Europe attempting to see as many Tool shows as possible. We were just in Rome (for my birthday) and missed our first attempt even though we had tickets!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!

We are now in Amsterdam and are on a feinding search for tickets. Anyone who can help please contact at: [email protected]

Hans
06-26-2006, 05:36 AM
how could you miss out tool when you are in the city and have tickets?
Anyway, if you are in Amsterdam, just take the subway or train to the station of the venue (Amsterdam Bijlmer, from there just a 5 minute walk) and be early. There are always some people with spare tickets. Good luck!

Peaceful Moments
06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
They'll probably gonna check if you're carrying cameras, bombs and stuff, won't they?
I wanna take some good quality pics.
Hopefully someone's gonna record the show tomorrow.

Mark Heijblok
06-27-2006, 06:00 AM
They'll probably gonna check if you're carrying cameras, bombs and stuff, won't they?
I wanna take some good quality pics.
Hopefully someone's gonna record the show tomorrow.

A good friend of mine works as photographer.. He promised to shoot some GOOD pictures of the show tonight and also at Werchter on thursday. For the record, he gets paid for it.. So no telephone-crap but high-res pictures of Maynard and the rest..