PDA

View Full Version : Live lyric

zzsdk50
05-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Edit: I took the URL for the song out, I just realized I'm probably not supposed to post to live material. If someone needs it for reference, my AIM name is zzsdkzz.

On the CD Version, I hear

"They fight, til they die, over earth, over sky
They fight and they'll lie, over pride, over air and light,
Over love, over sun, over blood.
They fight, till they die, For what? For our rising"

But in this live version, he's clearly saying

"They fight, til they die, over sun, over air
They fight til they die, over earth, over air
They fight til they die, over blood, over love
They fight, til they die, over what? over (rising?)"

He says "air" twice, and sun before earth? I know MJK changes lyrics a little bit in some songs, but this seems like a pretty big difference compared to other 'lyrical changes'

It also sounds like he's saying "Gotta divide all, Right in Two... Gotta divide all, Right in two."

MistarChang
05-22-2006, 03:56 PM
I have the Toronto show, I assume you've got the same...

I make it "Gotta divide it all right in two."

I'd say Maynard screwed up the 'Fight' part, it sounds like he's struggling to get the words out, I think this show he still has a cold, he comes in too early on a verse of Lateralus so he wasn't not on top form that night.

And for the record it's clearly "Benched along with patience and reason"

CaseLogic
05-22-2006, 08:49 PM
I have the Toronto show, I assume you've got the same...

I make it "Gotta divide it all right in two."

I'd say Maynard screwed up the 'Fight' part, it sounds like he's struggling to get the words out, I think this show he still has a cold, he comes in too early on a verse of Lateralus so he wasn't not on top form that night.

And for the record it's clearly "Benched along with patience and reason"

The "_______ right in two" part still doesn't seem coherent enough to me. It's sounds almost the same in the album, can't distinguish between "cut and" or "gotta" divide it all

chalk_line
05-22-2006, 08:54 PM
To me it sounds like hes saying, "cut it right all, right in two" i also noticed this more clearly when i saw them live, but im still not sure about this line and a few others there is a debate around