PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite becoming most favorite song

smeefsmeef
05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I always skipped this song when I first got the CD. Now I make sure I can listen to this song with no interruptions to enjoy the sheer beauty of this masterpiece. Anyone else dislike this song at first?

imatoolhed
05-21-2006, 07:43 PM
No ... i saved it, i gave it one listen to hear it, then waited ... to savor it.

TurdEye13
05-21-2006, 08:18 PM
I loved it the first time I heard it.

hbynoe
05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
nah it was the one to overwhelm me the most first listening

smeefsmeef
05-21-2006, 08:26 PM
The Pot was the first one to overwhelm me, I mean, it blew me away, but now it's 10k days for sure.

madcrabs
05-24-2006, 03:14 PM
I didn't like it, and I'm not sure I do now, but reading about it might make me change my mind.

Metlamaniac
05-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I actually think its the best song they have ever done. When I first heard it....I actually started smiling...and I got goose bumps. Then I found out what the lyrics meant and its pretty sad....but fucking great

kathrin
05-26-2006, 12:14 PM
although I liked 10,000 days right from the start, I know what you're talkin about. I often find out that bands (or songs) I never liked are actually really cool.. I think I have to hate things before I'm able to love them :) dunno why ..

DON IOTAE
05-29-2006, 08:21 AM
I always skipped this song when I first got the CD. Now I make sure I can listen to this song with no interruptions to enjoy the sheer beauty of this masterpiece. Anyone else dislike this song at first?
Exactly my situation at first. Now I love this fuckin song. It is, by any standards, a masterpiece. It is a very personal song.

The_Flood
05-30-2006, 06:42 PM
I didn't really skip over it at first but I didn't listen to it as attentively as I did The Pot. But after I heard it a few times through, realizing what an amazing song it is, I listen to it just as much, if not more then any of the other songs on the CD.

smeefsmeef
06-12-2006, 07:35 PM
This song is a mood killer now... Maybe I'm just depressed and it makes me more sad. Don't listen to this song when you're sad. It's not happy. I love it, though. It's fun to be depressed. >WAH!<

nmayhew
06-12-2006, 09:28 PM
This song blew me away, it has such emotion, but it is an area of emotion that I have never felt from tool. Just the music, not the meaning of the lyrics brought me to tears the first time I heard it. I love how it builds, the recesses (nothing new for their work), but it has this distinctive, raw emotion. Part of it may be the way it tugs at the heart, it seems as though the song has drained you, and it is over, but yet it goes on......just to repeat this process again but in a different light....amazing

stevejols
06-20-2006, 11:33 AM

I did. It was always the one I skipped if I was to. I mean I like it.....

Its still not there yet for me, maybe it will sink in

I love the new album though.. overall