PDA

View Full Version : Viginti Tres - Wings For Marie - 10000 Days Together

fiftyonefifty
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I came across some info from a friend regarding the relationship of these 3 tracks. If you compare the times, Viginti Tres and Wings For Marie add up to the exact same length as 10000 days. If you play Viginti Tres followed by Wings For Marie at the same time as 10000 days, parts of the songs sync up. If you download the program "audacity" from download.com it makes it easy to sync them together if anyone else out there wants to give it a try. There does seem to be a few discrepancies between the two tracks but it seems to be more than a coincidence to me. Anyone else tried this? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Kidney
05-22-2006, 02:31 AM
I noticed this to... just had to follow the signs..
The front cover are three faces in one...
The end of wings for marie and 10000days are the same with small differenses..
Viginti tres is the number 23 in latin whitch is the number of syncronisasion.
When perfectly synced the song will have a length of 11:17 (just like the clocks in the photos)

If you have not tried this ...I strongly suggest you do.

(sorry for bad english )

foursixandtwo
05-22-2006, 02:37 AM
why oh why

bump987
05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Noooo not again

fiftyonefifty
05-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Noooo not again

What am I missing here?

The_Pot=Good_Song
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey everyone,

I came across some info from a friend regarding the relationship of these 3 tracks. If you compare the times, Viginti Tres and Wings For Marie add up to the exact same length as 10000 days. If you play Viginti Tres followed by Wings For Marie at the same time as 10000 days, parts of the songs sync up. If you download the program "audacity" from download.com it makes it easy to sync them together if anyone else out there wants to give it a try. There does seem to be a few discrepancies between the two tracks but it seems to be more than a coincidence to me. Anyone else tried this? Thoughts? Suggestions?

hey i downloaded audacity but i cant seem to figure out how to synchronize the tracks, can ya help me out? i would like to hear this.

fiftyonefifty
05-24-2006, 10:28 AM
hey i downloaded audacity but i cant seem to figure out how to synchronize the tracks, can ya help me out? i would like to hear this.

Once you have the program open use the file menu to open an mp3 of 10000 days. After it has that on screen use the project menu to import both viginti tres and wings for marie pt. 1. At the top left corner of the screen there is an icon that looks like two opposing arrows, this tool will let you time shift the tracks so that you can sync em up. Viginti tres should start at the same time as 10000 days so you dont need to do anything there. WFM pt.1 is a bit more weird. I was not able to get the entire song to sync up but there are a few key parts that sync really well. The heavy part at the middle of the song syncs up almost perfectly and makes for some really interesting drum parts. The words from the "Daylight dims" section sync up if you put them on top of eachother but no matter when you start it they will eventually move out of sync. You can also use the various single drum hits throughout the song to sync it up as they are easy to see in audacity. I don't know how intentional this is but it seems like more than just coincidence especially with the stereoscopic theme of the album. Hope that helps.

Caduceus11
05-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I HAVEN'T DONE IT MYSELF YET, BUT THE ONE i RECIEVED FROM A FRIEND IS ABOUT 1 SECOND OFF....I BELIEVE THIS IS INTENSIONAL BEING IN SYNC WITH THE COVER ART AND THE CONCEPT OF THE ENTIRE CD. SEEING THINGS THROUGH A DIFFERENT LIGHT...PERHAPS TO SEE IT FOR THE FIRST TIME. I HAVE YET TO DO FURTHER RESEARCH BUT I BELIEVE THERE ARE MORE COMBINATIONS THAN THIS...THERE ARE OTHER SEGUES ON THE CD THAT I THINK WILL COMBINE TO FORM NEW VERSIONS OF THE SONGS WE HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO NON-STOP FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW....

Gnome_Chomsky
05-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Its also interesting if you play Viginiti Tres at the same time as WFM. They sync up REALLY well right before the distorted guitars come in, and in the beginning pretty well.

Shahar indepth
05-27-2006, 01:06 PM
this thing totally works , leave the cynisism behind: the songs sync extremly well , even electronic dance music that us music generated doesnt sync like this...i highly doubt that this is a coincidence

ive put a file on my site of the sync,

**PLEASE SUPPORT THE BAND AND BUY THE ALBUM !!!

here is the link : (mp3) www.indepth1.com/Tool.mp3

ive synched the lat 2 minutes of the songs that go together best , there will always be delays in one part if you synch another , but still.....

if the site or anyone think theres a copyright issue here please let me know and ill remove the link , and once again - LISTEN TO THIS AND BUY THE ALBUM

**PLEASE SUPPORT THE BAND AND BUY THE ALBUM !!!

rogerdoger
05-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Has anyone tried listening to see if the lyrics between 10,000 Days and Wings pt. 1 make any sense together, it would be cool if they do.

Gnome_Chomsky
05-27-2006, 02:30 PM
it would be cool, but sadly they dont.

Lysander
05-28-2006, 01:22 PM
An important thing to take note of here is that most MP3s have a gap of about .02 seconds at the end, I believe. If you're going to edit, edit in lossless aludiolike wave or FLAC--that's a good idea anyway if you're planning on saving it so you're not saving a lossie format twice.