PDA

View Full Version : What?

ragna16
11-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Why is there 4 minutes of what I hear as a 'bug zapper in a storm' directly after Aenema? What does storms, and bug zappers have to do with anything? I'll assume that they have (-) ions and not (+) ions, but what does it offer.

What is the message?

sidez
11-25-2002, 07:56 PM
It's all in your head.

spiralion
12-13-2002, 01:32 PM
I think it means that you need to call an electriction to check if there are any shorts in your cd player because I never heard anything like that on my Aenima cd.

Solidus Mijæ
12-30-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by spiralion
I think it means that you need to call an electriction to check if there are any shorts in your cd player because I never heard anything like that on my Aenima cd.
Oh, shut up. The song (-) Ions is a recording of some electrical reaction, don't try to tool with ragna, leave that to the band...I'm getting bored again

im not summable
01-06-2003, 03:11 PM
(-) ions i read somewhere are good for you or was it (+) ions? no i think it was (-) that are good for you and keep you from getting sick if you stay around them enough anyway, maybe tool is trying to say that everyone should buy a jacob's ladder because they emit (-) ions and its good for you!

PilotCorsair
01-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Your correct when you say its negative ions, perhaps saying that negative is not always bad. Off topic a bit, if you listen to this song on head phones kina loudly it sounds as if the electricity is floowing through your head, well to me anyways...one of my favorite ear candy tracks. my other being intermission

Penguin
02-01-2003, 06:35 PM
What is a Jacobs ladder? =\

spiralion
02-06-2003, 10:50 AM
If you've seen the video for Stinkfist, then it is those things with two rods and lightning running up between them.

Timothy
02-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by PilotCorsair
Your correct when you say its negative ions, perhaps saying that negative is not always bad. Off topic a bit, if you listen to this song on head phones kina loudly it sounds as if the electricity is floowing through your head, well to me anyways...one of my favorite ear candy tracks. my other being intermission

Doesn't need to be loud. The effect is because the sound goes from the right channel to the left.

Typx
02-19-2003, 07:49 PM
Well.. to be perfectly honest, (-) Ions I think is just a 'song' designed to screw with your head. Try just turning it up loud, closing your eyes and falling into it. I don't know if they had any meaning behind it, and in a way I'd rather they didn't, just that they recognized what an amazingly twisted 'song' it would make and wanted the fans to experience it.

Oh, and there is always the strategy of eating 2 or 3 G's of Shrooms, waiting 40 minutes, and THEN listening...

Thoth
02-21-2003, 12:15 AM
maybe its just me but the first time i heard the (-) ions track i saw in my head a man struggling to survive in a snow storm and amid the wind howls he hears the sound of electricity. he goes toward the sound and finds a jabob's ladder sitting in the snow atop a communication device of some kind. as he goes to touch it it stops and seconds later comes back to life but instead of going up the stalks it goes in reverse, coming back down the stalks. the storm gets worse and the man freezes to death and without knowing what happens to him his body is transported to a dark room with the same device in a new location and the last two or three sounds of electricity come not from the device that took him there but from an unknown entity in the room with him, an alien if you will, who's circulatory system is not plasma but pure electricity.
i took that visual i thought up and from there it developed into my favorite story that i've written. if you care to know about it (which no one really does) email me: [email protected]

"are we not men, we are Devo..."

Phosphoros
02-25-2003, 05:01 PM
The title says it all. Where can I find one?

dork
02-28-2003, 09:22 PM
this sounds like a dumb thing to say for some reason, but the background noise is totally aluminum foil. It makes for a wonderful effect though

dawn
02-28-2003, 09:25 PM
I don't know...but it's the same sound that a CD cleaning disk has if you turn it up...