PDA

View Full Version : Balaam's Talking Donkey

bjornwad
05-21-2006, 09:04 AM
The Lyric: "Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough..."
Sounds like: "Donkey's talking"

http://www.touchoffire.com/nb.html

There once was a greedy man called Balaam. The wicked King of Moab sent for Balaam and promised him money if he would curse God's people. God talked to Balaam and told him not to go to the King, and not to curse His people. Again the King of Moab sent Princes to call Balaam. God was angry with Balaam because Balaam's heart was filled with greed. God let Balaam go to the King, but watch what God did.

On the way, Balaam's donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the road. The angel had a sword in his hand. The poor donkey turned away.

Balaam never saw the angel. He beat the donkey and turned him to get back on the road. The poor animal fell down and Balaam hit him again.

Suddenly God let the donkey speak. "Why are you beating me?" the donkey asked. "Because you have made a fool out of me", replied Balaam.

Just then, God opened Balaam's eyes. He saw the Angel of the Lord in the road and fell flat on his face. God spoke to Balaam and told him to go the King. God told Balaam to bless His people instead of cursing them. Balaam got a big fright and did as God commanded.

LEARN.2.SWiM
05-22-2006, 11:54 AM
the title, kids bible stories...
i dont think maynards intention

infamia
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
does'nt sound very tool dont you think...

bjornwad
05-23-2006, 03:59 AM
does'nt sound very tool dont you think...
yeah, I agree that it's accidental,but considering recent twists, it's not so outlandish