PDA

View Full Version : The end.

mike tyson
05-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Just a thought, I don't frequent these parts because it's full of bullshit, so pardon me if this has been said before but..

The first sounds of this track sound a lot like the ending sound at the very end of 10,000 Days (Wings Part Two), which sounds like wings flapping. Obviously wing flapping at the end of 10kD is important.

Perhaps Viginti is the final ascent to Judith Marie's destiny. The flapping sounds of digitized wings, growing noise.. then a monstrous, unfathomable voice. Perhaps the voice of judgement. Her maker. It's the end of the album 10,000 Days for a reason, this song IS the end. The words of it are unfathomable and unknown to us, and perhaps to Maynard himself. The uncertainty of her future and the afterlife in general.

Maybe we'll never know what is actually said in Viginti, and perhaps we shouldn't. I could go on with this, if some people are going to be intellegent about this and not say "omg this song sux!1!".

bogsnarth
05-20-2006, 10:08 PM
sonically speaking i think you may have a point.. i noticed the similarity between the end of 10000 days and this track when i was listening to the leaked version and i thought for a moment that maybe viginti tres was supposed to be track 5.. but when i played them in that order, i noticed that they actually don't match up very well, there's just a similar sound.

here (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=44338) are my thoughts on the song, if you're interested.. hopefully you won't think it's "full of bullshit.." :P

bogsnarth
05-20-2006, 10:10 PM
ps: the reason i make so many connections between this song and robert anton wilson in that thread is because his Cosmic Trigger vol 1 is on tool's recommended reading list.. just fyi.