PDA

View Full Version : Maynard != first person in the lyrics

drange
05-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Disclaimer: Pardon my English; not a native speaker.

Has everyone agreed that Maynard is the first person of this lyric? Because it sounds like that to me.

Why would he say the following about himself?
* Feast like a sultan
* Tempted the devil with my song (it's not like he has turned Christian and suddenly regrets writing the APC song Judith, Opiate and every other song)
* The devil and his had me down
* In love with the dark side I'd found.
* Dabblin' all the way down
* Up to my neck soon to drown.

And are people sure it's benevolent SON and not SUN? Because the whole shine-thing sounds pretty sunny, all though we all know Maynard and his wordplays.

And is it damn my eyes, Jambi Eyes (which makes no sense, except if he means damn and pronounce it Jambi) or dim my eyes? Or a good mix?

swampyfool
05-20-2006, 04:24 PM
You just asked about most of the controversies currently being debated in the other rooms.

As for the benevolent son/sun, I reccomend that you check out the thread called "who is the benevolent son?". Also, there is a thread entitled "damn my eyes, jam my eyes, dim my eyes" that could answer your third question.

Finally, don't worry about apologizing for your English, it's better than that of many of the native speakers on this board. Peace.

T-13h
05-20-2006, 04:48 PM
* Feast like a sultan
* Tempted the devil with my song
* The devil and his had me down
* In love with the dark side I'd found.
* Dabblin' all the way down
* Up to my neck soon to drown.

Sounds like a rock star to me. Think Revolution 22:20 from his solo project, Puscifer.

drange
05-21-2006, 01:24 AM
@T-13h
Yes, it could sound like an average rock star like Ozzy, the guy in Slimp Bisker, the Blink 182 people and so on, but not Maynard.

And puscifer isn't exactly a solo project, as it is with Danny Lohner from NIN [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puscifer ].