PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

Karmel Sutra
05-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Every time I listen to Viginti Tres before going to bed, I have strange dreams, I would almost classifyl them as nightmares. I usually stop the disc before this track late at night, and I don't have the strange dreams when doing skipping this song.

Creepy music/movies never bother me, but after hearing this song, I get a little paranoid, hearing noises, etc.

I was curious if anyone else has similar reactions especially the dreams after listening to this song before bed?

Savage Henry
05-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Every time I listen to Viginti Tres before going to bed, I have strange dreams, I would almost classifyl them as nightmares. I usually stop the disc before this track late at night, and I don't have the strange dreams when doing skipping this song.

Creepy music/movies never bother me, but after hearing this song, I get a little paranoid, hearing noises, etc.

I was curious if anyone else has similar reactions especially the dreams after listening to this song before bed?

actually i've been having some pretty fucked up dreams ever since this album was released, prob just a coincidence but i do listen to it when i go to bed.

blafuckbla
05-20-2006, 01:27 PM
yeah.

Neil
05-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I haven't had any weird dreams but once I was lying in my bed in the dark, and the sounds sort-of move around from left to right, and I was imagining shapes moving around my head.

Tool's has often been able to envoke/enhance psychadelic experiences for me, often as I drift off to sleep.

I like the idea that they are a tool to reach this special state of mind, like a musical mandala.

foursixandtwo
05-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Yes..last weekend I had the most terrifying dream of my life. It is too long for me to type, but it was horrifying and it was the longest dream ever. Even when I awoke and went back to sleep...it would continue.

paradiddlellogram
05-21-2006, 03:27 AM
Most creepy hidden tracks can affect you subconsciously, especialy if listened to on headphones late at night in a dark room. Some less mature, but nonetheless creepy ones when listened to semi-conscious include: the one at the end of reel big fish's we're not happy till you're not happy, The one at the end of new found glory's sticks and stones.
(ok, crucify me, I like punk pop too. But I also like King Crimson and Dave Brubeck.)

Rissen
05-22-2006, 08:45 AM
actually i've been having some pretty fucked up dreams ever since this album was released, prob just a coincidence but i do listen to it when i go to bed.

Yup, same here...

Chuck_Of_Wah
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
This is a bit off topic, but funny. Two days ago, I fell asleep in my bed after coming home from a Fun Lovin' Criminals live concert I went to here in Warsaw (which was fabulous in a FLC kinda way;).

I dreamt I had a long chat with Fisty, where I was asking him whether to get an AKAI MPC 1000 sampler (because of the USB-PC connection) or whether he could recommend something else. He told me to go with the MPC 2000 (these are all actual models, mind you, which adds to the realistic feel to this dream), because, as he said, although it may seem a bit archaic due to the disk drive and the fact that it isn't the newest model out there, it is the most reliable model out there, the build quality is superb, and that he's heard of people who were the fourth or fifth users of a particular model and it was still running perfect. He also had a 5 string bass which had a Gibson SG shape, which is common for electric guitars, not basses, so I asked him what the maker of the bass was, and he said he couldn't remember, even though it was his own bass and the brand name was right on the head ;) We both laughed.

Woke up after that.
Fantastic musician.

I'm still having doubts as to which sampler to get :D