PDA

View Full Version : Pslam 23 artwork

Sudafed
05-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I've read how the number 23 seems to have importance in terms of many aspects of this album.

I wonder if 23 is supposed to refer to Psalm 23... one of the most famous passages in the Bible.

" The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2*He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3*He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4*Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5*Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6*Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

This obviously has assosciation with Judith Marie's death but in terms of the artwork (or so called puzzle) I found some coincidences with this passage and Maynards photo.

Particularly the line " thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over " Of course the image in the mirror is rubbing Maynards head while he holds a cup out to us."

There are also many other noticeable similarities. All of the band photos have tables before them. Also the use of shadows and 'fearing no evil' seem to tie into the pictures.

I just now came up with this, so I havent had time to fully digest the possibilities but i'm hoping all of you will offer some thoughts on this idea.

ps I also put a post in the general 10,000 days board if you want to check it out.

kingred
05-19-2006, 04:12 PM
holy fuckwhatnot

i cant see the connection. i am mentally exhausted. exams an the like

Nox Noctis
05-20-2006, 12:05 PM
I think that's an awesome parallel, and the similarities are there.

We're relating 23 to utter chaos, and while it may not be right, this take on the puzzle is somewhat refreshing.

In other news, everyone is so frantic to find something I think we'd be able to find a recipe for carrot cake hidden in the artwork and lyrics if we tried hard enough,