PDA

View Full Version : Completely New Idea

Alexinnis
04-08-2003, 01:31 PM
let my start off, first of all, im 14, i do not know if this idea has been shown on this forum before, if it has im sorry. While reading "The Essential Jung" i came across the section talking about how our brain adapts, and reacts, and regresses. Here is my idea related to Jungs theory. I hope you enjoy, read this knowing my age, and knowing that I might not even undestand the concepts i am talking about. Feel free to criticize me :)

Schism could be separation within yourself rather than between to people. The brain has two separate counteracting parts that work mutually to form an equilibrium for how you behave. They help to balance your personality so you don’t completely waver in one direction. When you are encountered with a mental adaptation that you can’t adapt to your two parts work against each other trying to over power the other until eventually they separate and one becomes recessive. This is the process of regression due to the inability to adapt. These 2 parts of the brain are the pieces that once fit but now fell apart and the only way for them to come back together is through developing the next part of your "mind", and communicating within yourself to achieve the predisposed equilibrium. I think that could be closer then most interpretations

-. When it says "Disintegrating unless we grow" it means that the growth and adaptation will only prove success and failure to do so will just worsen and "disintegrate" yourself.

-Pure intention could be your will, the will would make you adapt and progress, it would unite the 2 parts of your brain, and they would now be "lovers" sharing one common cause. Once the will has overcome your adaptation and you have achieved it your two brain parts will now share that equilibrium, hence the 2 lovers.

-to point the finger could be the competition of the 2 sides for power, until they reach the climax and (watch the temple topple over) one will fall, creating a conscious disturbance

-The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us- This adaptation that has provoked us to change and developed has really caused a rift within us, it has torn a hole between the 2 parts, separating us. The light is our desire to breach our boundaries, we need to adapt in order to better our understanding and be able to cope with whets around us, as we are unable to accomplish this adaptation it tears us down, and causes regression, causing separation.

-When we once bring the 2 parts of our brain together to form equilibrium again, we discover a part of us that was lost, a new consciousness, such as feeling or thinking, we also become aware that it is underdeveloped. If we discover this lost consciousness then we can now communicate and be aware of again of the world around us

Yiakovos
04-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Smart idea, though I think it's drawn from MJK's personal experience and I don't know if he could survive that if it ever happened to him. Or he could be using THAT as a metaphor for human seperation. Then it'd be a metaphor squared.

Sisyphos
04-18-2003, 09:27 AM
As said before, this is most impressive.

I am also rereading the works of C.G. Jung, and I had a very similar thought on this:

Schism, for me, means the separation of conscious and unconscious parts of the mind. The moment we are born is the moment we are whole: Empiricism and instincts act on the same level, creating a whole mind. However, when discovering the libido, the mind gets into trouble, leading to a shismatic state of the mind - moral values and subconscious regions get in conflict, even the conscious part seperates itself.
According to that, we cannot accept the original images of our unaware region and shove it aside, meaning that we even lose the God in our head, and escape the shadow of the past (since these images obviously have grown over thousands of years (every culture has its divine beings or spirits, the same original images)). Putting both peices together would certainly mean to reach the highest psychic awareness - the translated physical occurences and the psychic reality of the subconsciousness.
Isn't it peculiar that the awareness, our human property of highest value, prevents the unity of the mind and yet makes it possible for us to understand the Spirit? It is the highest gift of all.

4th Eye
04-18-2003, 10:01 AM
The separation of mind or brain is the best interpretation i've seen so far.

paraflux
05-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Young Padouin my ass... the kid's got smarts...

This is also the best one I have seen. Although it does not render other interpretations invalid, these thoughts are advanced. I still like the larger scale interpretation, the one about us not remembering the collective properly because of the schism, but this one is simply on a different scale, you know, as below, so above. Hell, you could probably break it down to a cellular level.

deathoughts
03-04-2004, 12:13 AM
who can tell with all the things tool has pulled from the sky...

there could be hundreds of different meanings for the song

he could be making to pieces of toast, he separates to pieces which are frozen together and then burns them in the toaster?

well he wouldnt burn them....maybe since he has burnt 2 pieces before he knows the dangers the second time round

"done the math enough to know the dangers of a second blah blah blah..."

me dumb kill you

deathoughts
03-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Split personality?

AllforUnity
03-04-2004, 12:42 PM
That's strange.

Liquid Ashes
04-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Alex innis = me. yay. I wish they never deleted my ealier account.

Orph8998
04-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Smart idea, though I think it's drawn from MJK's personal experience and I don't know if he could survive that if it ever happened to him. Or he could be using THAT as a metaphor for human seperation. Then it'd be a metaphor squared.

maynard has said before that he uses books to write his tool songs alot. APC is when he puts the books away. i think that is a great explanation, one that i have thought before but never got as deep as you.

Logic
05-03-2004, 10:21 PM
maynard has said before that he uses books to write his tool songs alot. APC is when he puts the books away. i think that is a great explanation, one that i have thought before but never got as deep as you.

When did he say this?

Orph8998
05-09-2004, 06:03 PM
an interview, mayeb on the apc website? or maybe i downloaded it off kazaa, nto sure. he said i usually use mythology and books for tool, but for mer de nomes i decided to ptu the books away. close to that anyway.

Logic
05-13-2004, 10:48 PM
an interview, mayeb on the apc website? or maybe i downloaded it off kazaa, nto sure. he said i usually use mythology and books for tool, but for mer de nomes i decided to ptu the books away. close to that anyway.

I think you've got it backwards, because most of Mer De Noms is about mythology.