PDA

View Full Version : justin (dr lawson) ????

thomas.freeman
05-19-2006, 02:52 AM
justin is 100% british ....could it be him?

why the devil not ...... if it isnt a sample and recorded for the album then he may have been an obvious choice

i thought this was common knowledge (his british heritage)

Muladhara
05-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Maybe, but the voice doesn't sound 100% British to me and I'm English.

Some parts of his speech sound more Australian.

I'm just wondering why they didn't credit whomever it is doing the voices, especially the nurse. They said that they weren't going to have anyone on the album but the bandmembers but they have the guy doing the chanting and the noises from Lustmord.

Cruzer
05-19-2006, 06:04 AM
All I know is that Justin makes that bass sing like no other bass before.

Rhah
05-19-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm pretty sure its an actor, trying to do an English (london) accent but ending up sounding australian.

Listen to the way he "talks up" at the end of each sentence. Most Brits dont do that, but its definitly an American trait. Aussies do it too, to an extent, but the way he (the Doctor) pronounces some of the words makes me think he's attempting to sound English.

I guess it could be Justin... Maybe all those years in the US have lingually corrupted him?

zol
05-20-2006, 12:40 AM
They said that they weren't going to have anyone on the album but the bandmembers but they have the guy doing the chanting and the noises from Lustmord.

Yeah why the hell did they need Lustmord to produce those thunder sounds? I'm sure any one of the band members or the producer could've sorted that out. I could have done it if they'd just asked! I just think it's shit to credit him on the album when it's unnecessary and his remixes on the DVD's are absolute crap in my opinion.

Give me an hour or two with Acid Pro and I could throw together some better remixes of Schism and Parabol/a. Once again, just my opinion...

bodhidharma
05-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Sounds like Russel Crowe.

zol
05-20-2006, 04:14 AM
There'd be more drinking and punching sounds if it was Russel Crowe...

Jimmeny
05-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Well, firstly, and most importantly, regardless of the accent, that just doesn't sound like Justin.

I don't know what accent it is though. As an Englishman, it's much more Australian than British. There are a few words that do sound sort of London area, but I hear 90% of it as Australian.

zol
05-20-2006, 04:46 AM
As an Australian I say it's 90% British with an Aussie edge to it.

But I do agree even though I've never had a conversation with Justin I simply cannot picture it being him (logical as it may seem).

Jimmeny
05-20-2006, 04:48 AM
Yeah Zol, I was thinking to myself 'I hear Australian because I'm British, in a funny way I bet American listeners probably have an unbiased ear', and you take the other end of the spectrum and hear British being Australian!

Justin appears in the audio interview that was/is Toolband, several years ago, after Lateralus. He doesn't sound like that.

(I hope you weren't trying to be sarcastic with me and imply that I'd never heard Justin)

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-20-2006, 04:53 AM
I was gonna say something similar about americans thinking that Brits are aussies (I am a brit). But as we all know aussies and brits are related. But the aussies are all descended from criminals. ha

zol
05-20-2006, 04:59 AM
(I hope you weren't trying to be sarcastic with me and imply that I'd never heard Justin)

Not at all. Sarcasm has been called the lowest form of humour. I'll check that interview out.

And then I'll give Justin a buzz at home for confirmation (slight amount of sarcasm :)

dissonance19
05-20-2006, 05:42 AM
Um, didn't Blair mentioned an intro that involved Maynard and Justin which wasn't the one that didn't make it? .You just hear Maynard breathing, of course. I'm pretty sure it is Justin though.

cant_be_faded
05-20-2006, 10:42 AM
The doctor is obviously australian.

Ashaman
04-18-2007, 05:59 PM
I believe it is the Australian Doctor from the TV series "House"

Jesse Spencer
who plays Dr. Robert Chase

Thoracic Tergon
04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Blair said that the people in Lost Keys are well known to the readers of Toolband. Maybe Sash and Kat? They are Australian... Just a thought.

adipokerface
04-22-2007, 09:00 AM
as a canadian i think its an american accent..
nah im kiddin :P im english n sounds australian. but if aussies think it sounds english then where the fuck does that doctor come from??? at least we can say for sure that the nurse is american..

mip10110100
06-26-2007, 03:29 PM
The doctor is their manager... i think... he has something to do with the management of the band at least.

diabz
11-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Blair confirmed the doctor to be English, not Australian.

If you listen to the sound byte welcome messages on the Toolarmy site, you'll notice JC's voice and the voice of DW are very similar...

orangeisgoood
11-24-2007, 05:23 PM
this has all ready been talked about. they (or rather we) decided it was Australian and i agree.

diabz
12-04-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm Australian, and that accent is too cockney to be Australian. No matter how broad, general or cultivated, or even occa you got, no Australian would sound like that.

I just recently watched a doco about how the Aussie accent came to be and pretty much everything they said about the origins and development of the three types of Aussie accent (mentioned above) would invalidate your conclusion.