PDA

View Full Version : ahem

joshuacureton
11-23-2002, 05:28 PM
wasnt tool in some kind of legal thing with the people that did that sort of shit during the aenima album, and thats why it took so long for this album to come out? this song makes me think of hollywood/burbank phonies. the lyrics suggest that irregardless of what people want, they will get what the band wants to give them. the song is a statement about the freedom the band thinks they suffer from, with their adherence to various quotes such as think for youreself, etc. these words free the band, or so they think. and this song is a delibereate response to various agents that have probably told the band what direction they should take in regards to their music. so tool writes a song with music that is very beethoven-esque, and with lyrics that are primal enough for any of us bah bah sheep to grasp.
the part about sucking me dry is the singers own need to have blowjobs on demand, as a release from the frustration of an mtv-shunned existence, yet knowing that his band is better than any of the shit on mtv.
i saw these guys in san diego two nights ago. they were fucking impressive. i thought the bows they all took at the end were wonderful. the singer stayed in character throughout the entire set. a marvelous band. i got my moneys worth. now i can go back to work and fantasize about girls and drugs.