PDA

View Full Version : How I feel sfter some tripping experiences

waXresilienT
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
One of my takes on this song relates to the idea of forgetting information. When you have those life changing experiences on acid or shrooms and realize some very important facts it is hard to incorporate them into your daily life. Some of them I have "learned" more than once and they are firmly in place. Others only seem to be present in the tripping state. It's like you are given this brand new info but it is too conflicting with your present presonality to let you absorb it all. Whether or not you want to say the aliens are real in the song, or that they are just an archetype of the tripping experience used to reveal tidbits of info, what you gleam from it and can actually absorb takes a strong mind. You have to analyze it carefully, or when asked what you experienced you'll just spit out a bunch of nonsense.

s62
05-17-2006, 05:51 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=47650

Nate-Dogg85
05-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Here is my opinion of psychadellics and their mind altering, enlightening experiences. I feel that all of the answers are there, in our head. To any question you have, the answer is locked in your brain, and you just gotta figure a way to get it out. Drugs aid in doing this, becuase of what they do. What they do is, depending on the drug, im going to stick to the hallucinogens; marijuana, psiloscybin, lsd, mescaline. Amphetamines do the complete opposite of what these drugs do, which is why theyre addictive. These drugs slow down all of your thought process, just like meditation you are having only a few thoughts occur in your head, rather than thousands upon thousands. All it is, is complete stupification, mistaken for strike of genious. The reason why you come up with all these ideas, and why drugs push us forward, is because they unlock things that are being subconciously supressed, they filter everything you're taking in offering a new way to see things, and since they limit the amount of ideas flowing through your head allowing you to be more focused. Another thing ive noticed, is that while on drugs you understand all that you understand, if you can understand this... Its like, normally you have things that you think about, but dont quite understand, but when you are tripping everything makes sense and you understand it all. So these life changing experiences are just you taking a look at yourself "under a different light" as maynard would say and having supressed subconcious ideas pouring through while everything is making perfect sense. Life changing it may be, but why does it only happen during drug experience, why dont we ever have these experiences on an every day occasion. Because you're thinking the same way, unless something traumatic happens to change your thinking... Pure and simple IMO. =)